New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Beethoven's 'Moonlight' Sonata Appreciation by arilliusbm on Aug 3,2009 2:44pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Aug 3,2009 2:44pm
listening to this now. perhaps one of the most dreary, depressing piano pieces ever written? definitely so.

full of the emotions of desolation, being lost, hopelessness, and such. if the end of the world was happening this very moment, I would flick this on and watch the destruction unfold.

toggletoggle post by darkwork at Aug 3,2009 2:46pm
classical music blows

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Aug 3,2009 2:47pm
darkwork said[orig][quote]
classical music blows

sm:10 i HOPE

toggletoggle post by Pires at Aug 3,2009 2:56pm
Isn't this the piece of music you have to find in resident evil 1?

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Aug 3,2009 3:00pm
at Bennington, the music building was "haunted" by Mrs. Jennings who supposedly hung herself in the main lobby. It is said that she doesn't like Beethoven and thus if you played the Moonlight sonata piano covers would slam and such.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 3,2009 3:28pm
years ago i went with an ex to a performance by the Munich Symphony Orchestra, they had a world-renowned guest conductor who performs Beethoven on rare occasions, he actually did this which was one of like 9 times he has ever done it in his career.

toggletoggle post by Zurdo  at Aug 3,2009 3:30pm
the third movement is killer

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Aug 3,2009 6:17pm
troll

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 2,2010 4:02pm
bump

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 23,2011 3:49pm
Best movement ever written in the history of music.
The emotion seeps out of the piano with each note. Anyone that disagrees is a false.

toggletoggle post by Randy_Marsh at Jun 23,2011 3:52pm
beethoven brings the haunt.

toggletoggle post by Shanal  at Jun 23,2011 4:04pm
All aces

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 23,2011 4:13pm
This is the Beethoven piece I really really like, especially the first minute or so. Despite being softer and not like his other more epic/heavier pieces, it was ironically the one really metaly thing Beethoven ever did IMO, in the way it starts with a mood and structure that carriers a calmer and more satisfied consistency than Beethoven's other works and than the general classical/romantic approach of perpetually trying to top one's self with variations in structure often at the expense of developing mood with a greater depth. Beethoven really laid back a lot more and played what he felt when he started to write this one instead of just starting with the mentality of impressing himself and others, and it shows. Getting your heart destroyed by a chick will shift your perspective, that's for sure.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][11:41:12pm May 05,2024
load time 0.01061 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]