New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> George Dickel Whiskey by arilliusbm on Jun 22,2009 9:53am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2009 9:53am
Only reason I'm posting about this is so all you folks who buy Jack Daniels / Jim Beam can save money.
Not every liquor stor carries "George Dickel" whiskey but if they do, fucking be on that.
Not only is it usually half the price of Jack Daniel's (way overpriced for what you get) but it's more smooth and tastes just as good, if not better.

Don't get me wrong, I love JD, but save yourself 25 bucks and buy some George Dickel.

toggletoggle post by MikeofDecrepitude at Jun 22,2009 9:59am
Whiskey Dickel

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2009 10:00am
haha, yea. the name sounds funny. but i'm telling you, if you enjoy whiskey then you won't be disappointed.

toggletoggle post by MikeofDecrepitude at Jun 22,2009 10:03am
I'm thinking whiskey dick isn't the worst thing that can happen to a dude. I mean, think of all the bad decisions that whiskey can facilitate? It may just save your life.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2009 10:05am
I'm glad I've never had a case of whiskey dick. At least I don't remember if I did. haha

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Jun 22,2009 10:08am
*makes a note to self to get George Dickel Whiskey*

Strangely enough, I like whiskey! One of the few hard liquors I enjoy.

toggletoggle post by BoarcorpseJimbo   at Jun 22,2009 10:12am
Really? When i used to get black out crunk I was sexually useless... and those times were the times i usually didn't wanna sleep with what i brought home anyways..

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2009 10:12am
one of my liquor snob friends told me to try mr. Dickel's whiskey one day and I was blown away by how good it was, all while being half the price of the stuff everybody buys.

toggletoggle post by MikeofDecrepitude at Jun 22,2009 10:13am
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
At least I don't remember if I did. haha

Exactly

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 22,2009 10:32am
i'd like to try this, i love whiskey. but fuck Jack Daniels, that shit tastes awful. Jim Beam is better, but only marginally. take pride in your alcohol!

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2009 10:34am
I guess it's generally accepted among liquor snobs that Jack Daniel's is extremely overpriced for how bad it tastes compared to other whiskeys. but everybody buys it!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 22,2009 10:38am
kind of like Bud Light. its an abomination to alcohol, but its the best selling beer in the world. i've been on an Irish whiskey kick lately.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jun 22,2009 11:37am
i been drinkin Jeremiah Weed lately. cheap and tasty bourbon

toggletoggle post by GUY at Jun 22,2009 3:35pm
old thompson

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jun 22,2009 3:38pm
old evan williams, he'll grab ya by the balls

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jun 22,2009 3:43pm
Woodford Reserve has been a favorite.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jun 22,2009 3:56pm
Anything called George Dickel has got to be fightin' whiskey.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jun 22,2009 3:56pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
kind of like Bud Light. its an abomination to alcohol, but its the best selling beer in the world. i've been on an Irish whiskey kick lately.

You know from Tullamore Dew?

toggletoggle post by corpus at Jun 22,2009 9:17pm
Dickel is superior to JD. Backed.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2009 9:34pm
"George Dickel #12 is a fine Tennessee whiskey product with some excellent flavor attributes of charcoal, grains, oak, and other taste sensations. Often compared to Jack Daniels- the chief competitor for this style of whiskey- George Dickel sets itself apart from Jack Daniels with its additional aging; changes in temperature during the charcoal mellowing process; and other slight altercations in the distilling process, making George Dickel an unique product all its own.

When I first tasted this whiskey, I decided to try it straight- right from the bottle. I knew this would make it harsher than normal, but I like to sample most products this way at first, to get a feel for what the product is like in its most raw form. And George Dickel #12, while it does taste a little harsh when served this way, is still rather smooth compared to most other whiskies and bourbons.

Served over ice, this whiskey is smoother and more drinkable, just like expected. Some people prefer to mix their whiskey with a fifty/fifty mixture of water first, to remove some of the edge. I like it served over ice and allowed to sit for just a few minutes, both to cool it off and to allow some of the ice to melt and mix with the whiskey. This seems to be sufficient, for my tastes, because it mellows the taste out with some water but not too much, and the coldness makes for a nice sipping drink."

http://www.epinions.com/review/pr-George_D...nessee_Whiskey/content_149154729604

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 14,2011 12:01pm
Bump. Best Whiskey.

toggletoggle post by arktourO‘s at Dec 14,2011 12:32pm
jack daniels has absolutely nothing going for it, it's not an original recipe, it's been watered down over the years, and it's always tasted like fucking garbage. it really is the bud light of whiskey. I PICK DICKEL

toggletoggle post by RustyPS should be working at Dec 14,2011 12:41pm
Dickel Trickle Tickle

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Dec 14,2011 12:50pm
I can't believe no one has said this yet: Dickel is bro.

toggletoggle post by GUYnli at Dec 14,2011 1:16pm
Old Thompson or GTFO

toggletoggle post by burnsy at Dec 14,2011 1:27pm
Whiskey dick is a term with dual meanings. Either you can't keep it up or it just will not go down, the latter of which makes for awesome nights.

I enjoy a jack on the rocks, but will definitely check this out. Been drinking Johnny Walker Black lately. Pretty tasty. Anyone here into scotch? Any recommendations? I hear Glenlivet is totally overrated.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 14,2011 1:29pm
Seagrams 7 for the ultimate win.

toggletoggle post by burnsy at Dec 14,2011 1:30pm
Haha my college years were a deluge of VO and coke (coca-cola) nights.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 14,2011 1:33pm
Love the insertion of Coca Cola.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Dec 14,2011 1:37pm
Samantha said[orig][quote]
I can't believe no one has said this yet: Dickel is bro.

I'm now legitimately mad I didn't think of this, so you can just fuck yourself today, haha.

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Dec 14,2011 1:39pm
I think most RTTP posters go fuck themselves on a fairly regular basis.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 14,2011 1:41pm
Thread predates that

toggletoggle post by arktourO‘s at Dec 14,2011 2:34pm
burnsy said[orig][quote]

Anyone here into scotch? Any recommendations? I hear Glenlivet is totally overrated.

Oh yeah. i love scotch more than ron burgundy. McClellan's Islay can be had for under $25 and it's one of the very few Islays. I usually just get that unless I feel like spending 40+. i would be a total scotch snob if i had hundreds of dollars to spend on scotch every week, but i need money for beer too.
http://whiskyparty.net/2009/06/40-whiskies...ds-single-malt-islay-scotch-whisky/

I sip slow and always drink it 100% neat. i don't deal with ice or water, i think colder temperature and that tap water taste completely ruin a glass of scotch, but that's just my tastebuds.

I would never turn down a glass of Glenlivet, but most premium liquor is overpriced for what it is anyway. I easily burn through a bottle in a week, or a weekend, if I'm up until 4am just sipping and smoking when I don't have to work.

As for Bowmore Islay (another one under $30), I've had a couple strange batches that just didn't taste right.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 14,2011 2:36pm
SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTCH

toggletoggle post by arktourO‘s at Dec 14,2011 2:36pm
burnsy said[orig][quote]

Been drinking Johnny Walker Black

I haven't had much Johnny Walker.
Whiskey dick? Bitch please I don't even know what that is.

toggletoggle post by arktourO‘s at Dec 14,2011 2:38pm
I wouldn't mind a good glass of bourbon right now. Old Grand Dad 114 comes to mind.

toggletoggle post by burnsy at Dec 14,2011 2:43pm
Thanks!

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 14,2011 2:46pm
Yea, ark loves his scotch

toggletoggle post by FAG IS SLAGHAT at Dec 14,2011 2:46pm
Samantha said[orig][quote]
I think most RTTP posters go fuck themselves on a fairly regular basis.

I disagree. I find marinating my innards in my own unreleased seminal fluids does wonders for the skin and complexion. May increase testosterone also.

Also, scotch.

toggletoggle post by Colonel Mustard at Dec 14,2011 3:14pm
Old Crow or Ancient Age!!!!

toggletoggle post by SAXLBECKETT at Dec 14,2011 11:51pm
oly Evan Williams

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 15,2011 7:27pm
Enjoying an overpriced glass of Jameson at the hotel bar. At least the old bastard poured me a bomb.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 15,2011 8:08pm

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 15,2011 8:15pm
damn

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 15,2011 8:26pm
Steal it and fund your metal bar.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Dec 17,2011 4:54pm
Two things:
1. Found the dickel whiskey and it was the same exact price as JD.

2. Cheers for the mclellands islay recommendation, ark. This is insanely good.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 17,2011 4:58pm
That sucks. I really hope they didn't raise the price. Two years ago it was twice as cheap.
I guess it depends on what liquor store you go to.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Dec 17,2011 5:08pm
Yeah I'll check other stores but maybe they saw the thread and bumped up the price. This scotch tastes like someone built a log cabin in my mouth.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Aug 30,2012 9:16am
Bump

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Forsaken Iced Incubator
[default homepage] [print][10:17:05pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.05737 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]