New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Pats attempting to trade into the top 10 by xmikex on Apr 24,2009 2:02pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 24,2009 2:02pm
If you're curious what that sound is, it's me flushing my mock draft down the toilet.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/24/pats-trying-to-move-into-top-ten/

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Apr 24,2009 2:04pm
I'm hoping its not for Andre Smith....me no want

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 24,2009 2:07pm
Per Peter King:
Busy morning. The Patriots are trying to move up into the top 10 of the draft -- but low in the top 10. Executives from two teams tell me New England offered its first-round pick and middle of three second-round picks (the 23rd and 47th picks overall) to Jacksonville for the eighth pick in the draft. Jacksonville GM Gene Smith, I'm told, said no ... but I also hear the Patriots might be looking to Green Bay at nine to move as well.

Who might be the object of their affection? I'm told it may be a surprise, because smart money would say the target is LSU's Tyson Jackson, the best 3-4 defensive end in the draft and the only end versatile enough to play every spot on the defensive line. But I'm not sure it's Jackson. I think it might be an offensive player. Sorry to be so cryptic, but I truly don't know.

The Patriots are Fort Knox on draft weekend -- and, for that matter, on every weekend. Remember last year? New England traded down from seven to 10 in the first round and got the object of its affection, Tennessee linebacker Jerod Mayo, and no one ever knew Mayo was their man (well, except that draft oracle Donnie Brasco).

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 24,2009 2:12pm
I don't know if Green Bay is going to want to move. I get the feeling that they're very big on BJ Raji.

I kind of LOLed at this though:
I had one GM in the top half of the draft tell me there's a flurry of activity between eight and 13, and it will get a lot busier if Mark Sanchez, the USC quarterback, is sitting there at No. 8, when the Jaguars pick. If that happens, I expect Jags GM Gene Smith to be the power broker of the draft, turning the eighth pick into three picks in the first three rounds of the next two drafts.

If the Jags are holding out on moving out of the #8 spot because they think they're going to wheel and deal the chance to draft Mark Sanchez they're in for a long day. Sanchez is not making it past #4.

And that's the MikexMike SHOE IN OF THE WEEK

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Apr 24,2009 2:48pm
rumor has it the seahawks really want to take dirty at #4, so the jags are outta luck.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 24,2009 3:08pm
Here's my take:

Hasselbeck is on his way out. A QB prospect would of course benefit the Seahawks. But think back a to like February:

Sanchez has always been billed as the #2 quarterback prospect in an underwhelming quarterback class. Originally a lot of scouts were taking a "well he's good, but not great, but he's the 2nd best guy there is."

I think Sanchez could very well be a product of the market rather than a reflection of his overall value, and the Seahawks might very well know that and are writing him love letters publicly to create a market for the #4 spot. That way they could score more draft picks, and address their real needs: offensive line, and their pass rush.

I could see the Broncos aggressively leveraging some of their newfound draft fortunes to get up to #4 and pickup Sanchez.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 24,2009 3:09pm
Just as an added point: the Broncos currently have 4 first round picks for the next 2 years and Kyle Orton as their starting quarterback. Just sayin.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Apr 24,2009 5:57pm
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
I'm hoping its not for Andre Smith....me no want

That's what I heard.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Apr 24,2009 6:06pm
xmikex said[orig][quote]
I think Sanchez could very well be a product of the market rather than a reflection of his overall value, and the Seahawks might very well know that and are writing him love letters publicly to create a market for the #4 spot. That way they could score more draft picks, and address their real needs: offensive line, and their pass rush.

.....which is why if the Chefs pass on Curry, all this goes right out the window....it'd be extremely hard for the Seahawks to pass on Curry

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 24,2009 10:35pm
Pats trade into the top 10, Curry slides down and the Pats grab him.

fapfapfapwut?

toggletoggle post by guy at Apr 25,2009 6:11am
wouldnt suprise me if pats traded down for more 2nd round picks

toggletoggle post by guy at Apr 25,2009 6:12am
and dont do cocaine after 3

toggletoggle post by BRADYFAPPING at Apr 25,2009 7:06am
MESSAGE TO ALL: BRADY = JESUS. SECOND COMING. YOU DOWN WITH THE HIGHNESS?! FAPMOTHERFAPPERFAP. <3 TO MI NIGAZ.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 25,2009 8:37am
Pats trade into the #2 spot, draft Sanchez and institute the A-11 offense.

You heard it here first.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Apr 25,2009 9:05am
hahaha

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Apr 25,2009 10:23am
Mort said he heard they're looking to get to the top 10 to get Crabtree.......HOLY MOLEY

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 25,2009 4:26pm
Well, so far the dude people thought the Pats would trade for, Tyson Jackson just got nabbed by the Chiefs. Curry is now disappointed.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 25,2009 5:17pm
Every mock draft on the planet is out the fucking window

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Apr 25,2009 6:08pm
Steve Young needs to STOP TALKING. God, when Keyshawn makes more sense than you, give it up.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 25,2009 6:23pm
THE LIONS BLOW IT AGAIN!

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 25,2009 7:12pm
And the Pats trade RIGHT OUT of the first round to the Packers so Green Bay can snatch Clay Matthews. Now the Pats have FOUR second round picks and FOUR third round picks. Bill might be working his magic yet again.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 25,2009 7:45pm
PATRICK CHUNG

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 25,2009 7:54pm
Not too shabby for a first pick. Still waiting for the Pats to OD on guys like Maualuga, Barwin, Gilbert, Sidbury, Johnson, ect

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Apr 25,2009 8:00pm
CHATRICK PUNG

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Apr 25,2009 8:00pm
I just hope he pans out better than his dad, Eugene.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 25,2009 8:18pm
And now, back to back picks of Ron Brace DT Boston College (didn't see that one coming) and Darius Butler CB UConn.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Apr 25,2009 8:31pm
BRACE FOR DISSAPOINTMENT!

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Apr 25,2009 8:32pm
I was really hoping they would take Clay, that sucks. Bill's weird 7th sense better come into play again here.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 25,2009 9:09pm
The Brace pick pissed me off. But I'll take Darius Butler in the 2nd any day of the week. He's gonna be awesome, and in 1 round the Pats have totally bolstered their secondary.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 25,2009 9:42pm
They grabbed this fucking HUGE OT from Germany. The guy is like 6'8. WTF?!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 25,2009 9:50pm
Vollmer is gigantic, but I don't know anything about him. It kind of seems like no one else did either... and Jarron Gilbert is still sitting there.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 25,2009 9:52pm
6'8" 312 lbs, ran a 5.13 in the 40.

I certainly don't dislike that.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 25,2009 10:34pm
From what I heard on TV, the feeling in the NFL is split about Vollmer. Half the teams could totally see him as a second round guy while the rest see him as a 4th or 5th round guy. He's one of those serious under the radar guys with BIG upside, but he's still pretty raw. He strikes me as a guy that if the Pats could really nurture him, he could turn into a monster for the O-line.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Apr 25,2009 11:49pm
I LOVE CHUNG AND BUTLER YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Brace was a weird choice, I would've taken Barwin instead.....Vollmer is intriguing, I'm hoping he can step right in at RT and they can kick that pill-popping asshole Kaczur to the fucking curb....I never liked him

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 26,2009 2:11am
Barwin schmarwin. I'm tell you the Pats don't want him.

Prediction: the Pats will take Tyrone McKenzie by the end of the 4th round.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Apr 26,2009 9:02am edited Apr 26,2009 9:03am
Mike, you beat me in the predict the pick by 300 points...whatever that means

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 26,2009 10:08am
::strokes chin:: Interesting......McKenzie wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world. What about Jason Philips from TCU? They have yet to even sniff around an inside linebacker.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 26,2009 10:59am
Before I go mow the lawn, I'm gonna drop some names to wonder if the Pats might grab late:
Rashad Jennings
Ian Johnson
Cornelius Ingram
James Casey
Nate Davis
Chase Coffman
Stephen McGee

Oh yeah and the Pats just traded another third rounder pick for a 7th now and a 2nd next year. Stockin up for next year!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 26,2009 11:20am
Mike, you beat me in the predict the pick by 300 points...whatever that means

haha please man, I don't even want to look at that fucking thing.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 26,2009 12:07pm
Mike, you called it......almost.
Pats grab McKenzie in the end of the third.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Apr 26,2009 12:11pm
loving this draft....6 talented players and getting 2 2nd rounders for next year

loving it

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Apr 26,2009 12:15pm
any way Herman Johnson lasts to the 5th round?

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 26,2009 12:33pm
I'm also loving the fact that the Jets traded away almost their entire draft spread to get Matt Sanchez and Shonn Green.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 26,2009 1:19pm
any way Herman Johnson lasts to the 5th round?

I don't know if the Pats are going to go for 2 raw behemoths at offensive line. I've heard the Johnson's mobility sucks, and that his size hasn't translated into an aptitude for the position. But yeah, the way things are going I see him being there at 5.

The Saints just had a sick 4th round for themselves: Chip Vaughan, and Stanley Arnoux.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Apr 26,2009 2:29pm
xmikex said[orig][quote]
I'm also loving the fact that the Jets traded away almost their entire draft spread to get Matt Sanchez and Shonn Green.
mark sanchez will suck slightly less than matt stafford. lions and jets continue to suck.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 26,2009 2:41pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news...6&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Pats trade Ellis Hobbs for two 5th round picks, then package those for a 4th round pick to grab Rich Ohrnberger, a Guard from Penn State.
Bill must really believe in both Butler and the free agents we picked up in the off season. He ain't fuckin around.

btw, my friends in Jetsland are going insane for Sanchez. They are predicting (as usual) the Jets becoming unstoppable and kicking everyone's ass blah blah blah lol.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Apr 26,2009 3:40pm
LOL at Jets. They will crash so bad next year. I do not see sanchez doing good in his first season. The Patriots will run buck shot over them in their 2 games head to head. Stafford will have a horrific season thanks to no O line and will be a big bust (as usual) for the Lions. I say the lions go 2-14 next season, and the Jets will haqng in a bit do to a bit of a better defense, but will slump near the end and go 8-8. Hold me to it. How do you folks like all this talk about extending the regular season? it might not be a bad idea, but I am used to consistency in football. Fuck the preseaon. If they extend the regular season they better only have teams play 2 preseason games each at the most. Black Power!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Apr 26,2009 8:32pm
i think the jets going 8-8 is a little optimistic. i'm thinking they'll top out at 5-11 or 6-10.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Apr 26,2009 10:02pm
Maybe. I was mainly thinking about their defense pulling them out of a few tight jams.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 26,2009 10:16pm
Woah, totally didn't know about the Hobbs trade. Hobbs has been one of the most consistent parts of the defense over the past few years. He has a lot of trouble covering taller receivers and now that we've got Terrell Owens to face twice a year (who's about 8 feet taller then him) I think Belichick is done waiting to see which Ellis Hobbs shows up for the game.

Ohrnberger had better appreciate it though. He's got to get a lot bigger if he's going to compete in the NFL. He's supposed to be a pretty smart guy though with solid technique.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 26,2009 10:17pm
Hmm, cool lil thing they did: Grab the one good Long Snapper in the whole damn draft. That was actually a minor need since Lonie Paxton left. I'm still surprised they didn't even try to grab a Tight End in the later parts of the draft.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 26,2009 10:21pm
Brian Hoyer (QB Michigan State) signed to a free agent deal with the Patriots. (called it)

And can we talk about the Dolphins for a second. Last year they take Chad Henne in the second round. This year they take Pat White in the 2nd. On top of that they already have a starting quarterback. If they drafted White with the wildcat in mind then that's a whole lot of draft points to use up on a guy who they'll be using for 6 or 7 downs a game. I think Parcells had something of a senior moment yesterday.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Hemorrhaging Bloody Killer
[default homepage] [print][12:51:16pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.03039 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]