New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Pentti Linkola "Can Life Prevail?" by Conservationist on Apr 8,2009 11:46am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Apr 8,2009 11:46am
First the press release, then an explanation as to why this is important:

Corrupt together with its publishing arm Integral Tradition present the hottest book on environmentalism and deep ecology this year: Pentti Linkola’s “Can Life Prevail?”. A brand new English translation of the latest work by this internationally famous ecophilosopher from Finland, including an exclusive foreword written by our columnist Brett Stevens.

CORRUPT.org

Pentti Linkola is an environmentalist from the old school, called a conservationist. Conservationists realize that whatever land is open for human use gets sold, and eventually gets converted into cities, suburbs or farms.

However, animals and plants need open space -- unbroken by roads, fences and walls -- in which to reproduce and interact. Each creature needs a certain amount of acreage and a certain amount of roaming space, or they clash and eliminate each other. Worse, without open space natural selection is interrupted, and they become inbred.

Pentti Linkola, like Aldous Huxley before him, realized that a society based on the fulfillment of individual desire has no STOP button. It keeps expanding because each individual wants as much as he can get. Even worse, individuals get bitter because they do not feel fulfilled because society does not address their non-material needs.

However, Linkola was too smart to believe in the dogmas of left or right. Communism, he saw, was so focused on material equality that it could not stop expansion. The right wing, who believe in a libertarian form of social Darwinism, did not take into account the damage done by individuals pursuing "freedom" in material form.

Instead, he realized that a new form of politics was needed, one based on reverence for things outside of us, and as a result, the ability to tell ourselves and others "NO" when individual desires threaten to promote reckless expansion.

Linkola sees that we already exist in a time of radical evil where our personal fears and desires have trumped all sense, making a chaotic mess that consumes everything it touches. Even more, he sees how politics has devolved into material infighting and ignored nature.

Read this book for an insight into how we can fix our environmental problem and make ourselves spiritually stronger, through the Zen of learning to appreciate nature and struggle.

While most "environmentalists" are going to tell you to recycle condoms and buy green lightbulbs, Linkola offers you the hardline reality and doesn't take any prisoners. In doing so, he shows how the solutions we need are readily accessible if we can just open our minds to them.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Apr 8,2009 2:18pm
It was better when you weren't here.

toggletoggle post by DYA NLI at Apr 8,2009 3:13pm
Oh, waah. Personally, I like reading.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Apr 9,2009 8:08am
i'm a big believer in this. its always something i've thought about, but ever since the unnecessarily barbaric tree removal started in Worcester i've been thinking about it a lot. we need a catastrophic nature event to happen very soon, something that wipes out hundreds of thousands of people.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Apr 9,2009 11:31am
I'm waiting for the Cantonese translation "Can Rife Prevair"

toggletoggle post by MikeOvDecrepitvde at Apr 9,2009 11:37am
"surely there's very real and convincing data that the planet cannot survive the excesses of the human race. Proliferation of atomic devices, uncontrolled breeding habits, pollution of land, sea and air, the rape of the environment... in this context isn't it obvious that Chicken Little represents the sane vision, and that homo sapiens' motto-"let's go shopping"-is the cry of the true lunatic?"

toggletoggle post by Darnli at Apr 9,2009 12:11pm
MillenialKingdom said[orig][quote]
You never have anything remotely interesting to say on any topic. Whenever I read your posts, I feel like I'm reading the most confused, poorly educated and simply average opinion imaginable...if you even manage to qualify an opinion, didn't get that far here

toggletoggle post by ydraig at Apr 9,2009 12:27pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i'm a big believer in this. its always something i've thought about, but ever since the unnecessarily barbaric tree removal started in Worcester i've been thinking about it a lot. we need a catastrophic nature event to happen very soon, something that wipes out hundreds of thousands of people.

the barbaric tree removal was done to save future trees, actually, save the trees of Massachusetts. A rare beetle was discovered which spreads like wildfire and destroys trees. hence they took them down, kinda like controlled fire burning to stop forest fires

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Apr 9,2009 12:42pm
yes, i am aware, i live in the epicenter of it. the problem is, those beetles have been here for over a decade, and are we really supposed to believe that the supposed infected trade pallets from China were only delivered to Worcester? there is evidence of these beetles as far as New York. the problem is, they think that grinding up X amount of trees is going to have an impact. say there are 10000 infected trees, and they grind up 5000 of them. they still have 5000 infected trees. even the people in charge of this program are saying this isn't entirely necessary, there are biological ways of dealing with these beetles. it was a hasty decision, and parts of Worcester have already suffered.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Apr 9,2009 3:42pm
Most of our environmental "solutions" fail it. Not importing lumber from China would have been a smart step, but it's probable we have a native predator of beetles like those beetles who could be induced to destroy them and bred in large numbers.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Apr 9,2009 3:45pm
Darnli said[orig][quote]
MillenialKingdom said[orig][quote]
You never have anything remotely interesting to say on any topic. Whenever I read your posts, I feel like I'm reading the most confused, poorly educated and simply average opinion imaginable...if you even manage to qualify an opinion, didn't get that far here

And if I cared what an anonymous fucktard said about my opinions, I'd be a bitch like you.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Armoured Blood Red Patricide
[default homepage] [print][5:50:42am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.01201 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]