New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Relapse Records - "25 MOST IMPORTANT BANDS IN METAL" LIST by the_reverend on Feb 28,2004 2:30am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 28,2004 2:30am
PRESS RELEASE
February 27th, 2004
For Immediate Release

RELAPSE RECORDS ARTISTS FLOOD
ALTERNATIVE PRESS MAGAZINE'S
"25 MOST IMPORTANT BANDS IN METAL" LIST

Relapse Records recording artists comprise almost one quarter of Alternative Press Magazine's "25 Most Important Bands in Metal" list. Relapse garnered six of the twenty five available positions in the just unveiled register. AP's "25 Most Important Bands in Metal" were determined via a poll of a host of musicians, writers and other metal experts by the noted magazine.

Relapse artists the DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, MASTODON, HIGH ON FIRE, NEUROSIS, PIG DESTROYER and NILE join an impressive list of the magazine's leading heavy music acts which also includes LAMB OF GOD, the MELVINS, ARCH ENEMY, HATEBREED, OPETH and KILLSWITCH ENGAGE amongst others. The full list of AP's "25 Most Important Bands in Metal" can be found in the magazine's April, 2004 issue - on stands now.

The AP poll advances what will be a busy year for each Relapse band found on the magazine's list as the DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN (June, 2004), MASTODON (August, 2004), HIGH ON FIRE (Fall, 2004), NEUROSIS (Spring, 2004), PIG DESTROYER (Fall, 2004) and NILE (late 2004 / early 2005) are all hard at work on their highly anticipated forthcoming releases.

Up to the minute news, tour dates and information on all things Relapse can be found at the Relapse Records website: www.RELAPSE.com. Additional information on Alternative Press Magazine can be found at www.ALTPRESS.com.

"Independent metal has never been so healthy and diverse." - SPIN

"Relapse Records has turned into what Amphetamine Reptile and Touch and Go were in the late 1980's and early 1990's; a consummate home to genre-blurring heavy fare" - BALTIMORE CITY PAPER

"...showcasing the best in metal, heavy rock and grindcore, all from the staple label in that scene, Relapse Records." - MTV.com

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 28,2004 4:27am
how did hatebreed get on that list? they arent even metal

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 28,2004 10:04am
how did opeth and killswith engage end up on this list? they aren't even heterosexual.

toggletoggle post by SmallBrownRatFuck in Jersey at Feb 28,2004 10:07am
Joe/NotCommon said:
how did opeth and killswith engage end up on this list? they aren't even heterosexual.

HAHAHAHAHAH

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 28,2004 11:01am
Opeth landed on the list because they are one of the most talented and original bands in metal. Killswitch though... i have no idea

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Feb 28,2004 11:09am
hatebreed? lamb of god? killswitch? I dont know, they wouldnt be on my list.

toggletoggle post by Deathcow   at Feb 28,2004 11:19am
Where's Night Ranger, dammit?

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 28,2004 11:22am
AHAHAHHAHAH hatebreed!?!!?!??!?! and killswitch!?!?!? people actually enjoy these bands?!

toggletoggle post by Justin ACR at Feb 28,2004 1:56pm
i like killswitch engage, i think they're talented...as far as being the 25 most importan metal bands, i dunno bout that...

toggletoggle post by Wee...Bink!  at Feb 28,2004 2:02pm
i highly dislike killswitch. and when i say i highly dislike them... it means i hate them.

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Feb 28,2004 2:21pm
i'm just glad nile got on there.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 28,2004 3:29pm
Remember when Opeth fought to march in the St.Patrick's day parade?

toggletoggle post by Assuck   at Feb 28,2004 7:42pm
genius

toggletoggle post by theundergroundscene   at Feb 29,2004 10:38am
I love Killswitch Engage :(

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 29,2004 3:13pm
Terence and I read this list the other day. AP ain't that bad of a mag though.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 29,2004 3:41pm
yeah, AP, CMJ, outburn, spin, revolver, and a few other more "mainstream" mags aren't that band sometimes.
they have a lot of shit, but when you read them, you know that the people writing about the music really know a lot about music and behind the mainstream crap actually have good musical tastes

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Withered Loyal Chaos
[default homepage] [print][1:02:05am Apr 27,2024
load time 0.03927 secs/18 queries]
[search][refresh page]