New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Tragic "selling equipment" story (involving Grizloch) by ouchdrummer on Dec 4,2008 12:23pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 4,2008 12:23pm
So, my friend asked me to find out if anyone was interested in his amp about 3weeks ago. (maybe 4) It is a Crate shockwave, with 4x12 cab (bearing celestions) So my bud wants 400 for it... Grizloch is interested, starts contacting me and making arrangements for the purchase. He lives in Albany NY, and i live in Boston, so it's kindof a bitch. We have a tentative date for him to come down, but we didn't confirm, i got sick, when he called me from a show in Boston, i answered from bed, and didn't have the amp. (it was still at my buds house in Walpole with his parents). SOOOO we make a plan again last weekend. He drives down friday morning, my friend gets the amp from walpole and brings it to my house at 1:45pm (15min before Grizloch shows) and it doesn't work. The head is busted, the clean works, but the dirty channel is quite as hell. (solid state amp, so it's not a tube thing) So Grizloch had to drive about 7 hours for absolutely nothing.

I am only putting this on here for it's "after the fact" comedic value. And to point out that my buddy is an idiot for not trying an amp before he actually tries to sell it. And because i want to commend Grizloch for not kicking my ass with his four burly friends. haha. what a fucking bummer.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 4,2008 12:24pm
Alright

I'll say it

Why would you drive 7 hours for a Crate?

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 4,2008 12:26pm
good price... i dunno. I was kinda wondering the same thing, but maybe he just likes to drive. He said it's discontinued and stuff, maybe it's worth a lot more than that? I really don't know, i was just trying to help two friends, and ended up worrying about getting stabbed.

toggletoggle post by grizloch   at Dec 4,2008 12:56pm
haha, I do like to drive, I also like Boston, and my three burly friends don't get there as often as I do, so we got to hang out in Boston for a few hours, ideally I would have come home with a decent, well priced half stack too, but shit happens

at this point I'm too broke to afford it anyway, so its probably good that I didn't pick it up (if he still has it and its functional mid January, I will be interested) but I found out literally that evening that I maxed out my credit card and what little cash I do have has to go towards that, bummer

toggletoggle post by aril at Dec 4,2008 1:13pm
good thing I let grizloch in on this then ... haha.

From what I understand, getting a Shockwave for this price would be worth the 7 hour drive.
Are the Shockwaves durable, though? Can they last?

toggletoggle post by sever at Dec 4,2008 1:26pm
brian_dc said[orig][quote]
Why would you drive 7 hours for a Crate?

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 4,2008 2:09pm
aril said[orig][quote]
good thing I let grizloch in on this then ... haha.

From what I understand, getting a Shockwave for this price would be worth the 7 hour drive.
Are the Shockwaves durable, though? Can they last?

Did you really just ask if the now BROKEN amp is durable? Or if it can last? The dude like never played it, it has always worked when he did... I am resentful towards that amp, it made me look stupid.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 4,2008 2:22pm
Well, I've heard that they are fine - kind of weird that it's busted

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][10:36:16pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.00905 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]