New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> French metalhead looking for a place in West Springfield or Springfield by JackGrants on Nov 28,2008 7:19pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 28,2008 7:19pm
Hey everybody,

I'm french, currently live in France but I plan to stay in Mass. for 3 months at the beginning of next year (hopefully coming in January) and eventually live there (ideally in West Springfield or Springfield). So if anybody knows of a cool place to stay, would like to be a sort of "guide" when I'm there or anything, please let me know.
I have a band called Blended Sky (formerly stoner metal/now groove thrash metal), I sing, compose, play some guitar and drums. I also have some compositions that I could use for other projects, these range from doom to death and black metal. Other than that, I'm the writer of a surrealistic humorous book and screenplays. If you have any questions, go ahead.
Thanks in advance.

Jack/Julien

toggletoggle post by blue  at Nov 28,2008 7:35pm
youll have much better luck in the boston area massachusetts being a metalhead, just a little tip there.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 7:46pm
I was going to say that too blue. springfield is more metalcore/hardcore. worcester I moe big-name metal and boston has WAY more small shows.

toggletoggle post by christopher at Nov 28,2008 7:48pm
I imagine there are some very very local things going on over there, but I have never heard of it. If you are determined on Western, Mass...you might have better luck looking into the Amherst/Northampton area.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 28,2008 7:56pm edited Nov 28,2008 7:58pm
Thanks for the tips, guys but I have a very good reason to go to West Springfield

toggletoggle post by Pires at Nov 28,2008 7:59pm
uh oh...you'll be back in France six months from now...

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 28,2008 8:00pm
What do you mean, Pires ?

toggletoggle post by DrewBlood   at Nov 28,2008 8:03pm edited Nov 28,2008 8:03pm
JackGrants said[orig][quote]
Thanks for the tips, guys but I have a very good reason to go to West Springfield

paczki day?

toggletoggle post by blue  at Nov 28,2008 8:03pm
he means you gonna get your heart BROKEN

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 28,2008 8:05pm edited Nov 28,2008 8:05pm
No, paczki day is my second reason

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 28,2008 8:07pm
Nah, nobody will break my metal heart

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Nov 28,2008 8:07pm edited Nov 28,2008 8:08pm
French whores and their crazy armpit hair.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 28,2008 8:09pm
That's a cliché, man, the only woman I ever saw with huge armpit hair was Julia Roberts. And that Kristina's certainly not french.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Nov 28,2008 8:10pm
I know, i was lazy and grabbed the first bitch on google with the rat's under her arms.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 8:11pm
I hear about a lot of western mass shows. they are all hardcore/metalcore based

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 28,2008 8:12pm
Let's bring metal to Western Mass then

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Nov 28,2008 8:22pm
french whores are delicious.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 28,2008 8:24pm
I see french whores have an international reputation, do you have many there or do you take euro trips ?

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Nov 28,2008 8:50pm
not many bartenders seem to know how to make them.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 28,2008 8:53pm

Is it because you want your car to get stolen?

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 28,2008 9:14pm
DomesticTerror said[orig][quote]
not many bartenders seem to know how to make them.

It's not that easy to graduate in french whores

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 28,2008 9:17pm
>>

Is it because you want your car to get stolen?

>>

Who's stealing cars there, guys from Greenpeace ?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 28,2008 9:23pm
Clearly you've never been to Springfield, MA....

Have been there a few times recently. That area is down on its luck. The only things that are doing ok are abandoned buildings and liquor stores.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 28,2008 9:28pm
Liquor stores... That's a start.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 9:38pm
ha!

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Nov 28,2008 10:19pm

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 28,2008 10:32pm
That should be Rick Oz : living in Springfield.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Nov 29,2008 1:26am
Dude, bring your band here and have them play here!

toggletoggle post by BSV at Nov 29,2008 1:59am
thy french legions are gaining strength here... LES RESISTANCE!

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Nov 29,2008 2:25am
Bring LLN or GTFO, Frenchy!

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Nov 29,2008 2:26am
PS Nigger!!!!

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Nov 29,2008 6:56am
WARNING FRENCHIE!

This board's sense of humor is pretty brutal, so take nothing 100% serious or personal.

Also Josh Staples will be your new friend. Whether you like it or not!

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Nov 29,2008 7:03am
Il y a beaucoup de merde dans Springfield.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 29,2008 9:27am
This chick's pussy must be lined with chocolate and fairy magic.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2008 10:30am
wrong, unlike girls, guys actually like the opposite sex's sexual organs and what comes from them. she probably just gives 2 handed blowjorbs and if you liked in france and had a chance to move to the usa, wouldn't you? get this man some freedom fries.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 10:35am
Thank Satan I have a solid sense of humor and unfortunately I expect anti-french comments, serious or not. Well, c'est la vie, isn't it. I'll come anyway, whether I bring the LLN or not.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2008 10:36am
you will hopefully end up at an obreins pub show. they are the best!

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 10:40am
Ok. I always trust a reverend

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 11:48am
Who's Josh Staples ?

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Nov 29,2008 12:39pm
Dude, don't move to Massachussetts unless you want to be the laughing stock of the rest of the U.S.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 12:57pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]
Dude, don't move to Massachussetts unless you want to be the laughing stock of the rest of the U.S.

How come ?

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Nov 29,2008 1:25pm

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 29,2008 1:31pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]

How come ?

He's just jealous that we run the country.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 1:35pm
It's funny because in France, it's portuguese girls who have the reputation of being hairy. This one looks iberian. But whatever, I'm curious to hear the clichés about the French so bring it on.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2008 1:41pm
Hoser lives in Maine so he has a government more taxing and more liberal than Mass, but they like to say they are not and that Mass is a shithole.
Mass income tax = 5%
Maine income tax = 8.5%
Mass sales tax = 5%
Maine sales tax = 5%

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 1:50pm
Oh, I see. Well, it's Stephen King's fault if Maine's that way.

toggletoggle post by ctB0rderpatrol at Nov 29,2008 4:32pm
northern maine has a lot of quebecois and acadian hockey frenchies

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 4:53pm
I don't play hockey but I can play soccer. I heard there was an indoor soccer team in West Springfield, anyone knows about it ?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2008 4:55pm
soccer? who plays that?

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 5:29pm
Just a few millions of people. An urban legend says it's the most popular sport in the world.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 29,2008 5:36pm
It's funny because in France, it's portuguese girls who have the reputation of being hairy. This one looks iberian. But whatever, I'm curious to hear the clichés about the French so bring it on.

Haha, it's true. Portuguese women are so hairy. I should know; the female members of my family are all Portuguese. They have better facial hair than I ever will.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 5:42pm
SkinSandwich is gonna ask you if you checked their armpits (if he doesn't go further than that)

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Nov 29,2008 6:05pm
Maine also has the Lewiston MAINEiacs of the QHMMJMLHJHL

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Nov 29,2008 6:10pm
No, I was going to thank you for the statue of liberty and all, but you can have it back. She really is an eyesore.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2008 6:14pm
malcolm jamal warner?

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 6:21pm
Ok, I'll bring the statue of liberty back if you want, I'll sell it to the Chinese. Anything else you wanna get rid of ?

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Nov 29,2008 6:23pm
Well, if you are going to sell it to the Chinese you have to redo the eyes. You can take soon ex-president Bush with you. Show him the ways of the Frenchies.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Nov 29,2008 6:23pm
Ok, I'll bring the statue of liberty back if you want, I'll sell it to the Chinese. Anything else you wanna get rid of ?

Springfield, MA

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Nov 29,2008 6:30pm

I make fun of the USA just as much, so don't sweat it.

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Nov 29,2008 6:36pm
SkinSandwich said[orig][quote]

That necklace is a front. she wants to get rimmed awe day eerday.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 6:44pm
Yeah, maybe you're not serious but some are. Making the french pussies since before Jesus because a french "government" saw an interest in letting the germans in in 1940 is ridiculous. France has won wars against about every country in Europe including Russia, Germany, England and not so long ago either, in terms of History.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Nov 29,2008 7:24pm
HA! I knew it would not take long to get your goat.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 7:30pm
Mission accomplished, SkinSandwich. A Bush would have let the germans in too.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2008 7:37pm
not unless they were friends with his daddy.
I guess america forgets napoleon so quickly.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 7:44pm
They were friends with grand-daddy. Some people seem to not even have heard of Napoleon or maybe they think he was some prehistoric dude who just killed a couple dinosaurs 6000 years ago.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 29,2008 10:01pm
I have no problem with France, only meat-head-my-dick-is-bigger American stereotypical morons do.

Sign me up for your excellent health care, clean cities, and yummy food any day.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Nov 29,2008 10:04pm
Yeah, he was a little tea pot short and stout. He invaded Russia, and failed. Seems to happen to any nation that tries that.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 29,2008 10:13pm
Hitler didn't pay attention in history class.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 10:20pm
There will always be people who have a problem with France or any other country even if they'd never be able to give you a good reason but what can you do.

And yes, Russia has the advantage of the weather. They could have lost againt Germany too if the German soldiers who stooped to take a crap didn't remain stuck frozen to the ground.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Nov 29,2008 10:41pm
Ha, shitcicles. Hitler smelled like brauts and catfood.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 10:51pm
They brought the leftovers back to Hitler in his bunker so he could enjoy his own happy meal : brauts, shitcicles and ass smoothies.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 29,2008 10:54pm
Amazing. Someone who lives in a non-English speaking country can speak English fluently and the Mexican guy I've been working with has lived in this country for the past couple years and even another 6 year stint before that and can barely string a sentence together in English.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 29,2008 10:56pm
I think French guy is going to fit in just fine around here.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 29,2008 10:58pm
Lamp said[orig][quote]
Amazing. Someone who lives in a non-English speaking country can speak English fluently and the Mexican guy I've been working with has lived in this country for the past couple years and even another 6 year stint before that and can barely string a sentence together in English.

They teach kids to be bilingual in France...you know, that education concept that makes people on this board shit their pants and start screaming about THIS IS AMURIKA, SPEAK AMURIKAN, TAKIN OUR JOBS, etc.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 29,2008 11:02pm
Yeah, no shit. I wish they did that here. Do you know how much easier it would be to teach people English if you could speak their language?

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 11:16pm
Although, I heard that french people are among the worse in Europe when it comes to speaking another language. They're working on that right now apparently. For example, instead of having movies in the original version and subtitled, most movies are dubbed and I don't see the point in that except for the few times it's so lame it's funny.
And we also, like you, have the people who come from other countries and who don't speak French after several years. The problem is that some won't even try and they don't give a shit.
As to me, I speak english on a regular basis so that helps.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 29,2008 11:17pm
The problem is that some won't even try and they don't give a shit.

That's what I think is the case with the guy I mentioned before.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 11:21pm
And it's hard to be tolerant with such people. I really don't see myself coming to the US and not being able to string a sentence together. People would throw freedom fries at me and they'd be right.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 29,2008 11:27pm
Although, I heard that french people are among the worse in Europe when it comes to speaking another language. They're working on that right now apparently. For example, instead of having movies in the original version and subtitled, most movies are dubbed and I don't see the point in that except for the few times it's so lame it's funny.
And we also, like you, have the people who come from other countries and who don't speak French after several years. The problem is that some won't even try and they don't give a shit.
As to me, I speak english on a regular basis so that helps.

That's comforting. I sucked at French hardcore. I don't even know how I passed.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 29,2008 11:29pm
Your English is already awesome, you have nothing to worry about dude.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 29,2008 11:36pm
You can be comforted about that, Pam, some french people are incredibly lame at english even after years of school. And personally, I think learning French is harder than learning English.
Thanks for your comment, Lamp, always nice to hear

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Nov 30,2008 12:28am
pam said[orig][quote]
They teach kids to be bilingual in France...you know, that education concept that makes people on this board shit their pants and start screaming about THIS IS AMURIKA, SPEAK AMURIKAN, TAKIN OUR JOBS, etc.

Yes, they do. I remember when I was in high school, some foreign exchange students arrived from France, and they spoke fluent English while I was only in French II. When they told us that they started learning foreign languages in elementary school, everyone in my class wondered why they didn't do that in America.

Developmental psychologists discovered a long time ago that there is a critical period in brain development around adolescence where, after puberty, it's much harder to learn another language. Our schools are crappy.

toggletoggle post by Seth at Nov 30,2008 1:40am
Second that and even now a days the school systems are shit and don't do anything to help, unless you find a good school system! Brought to you by a child of a college professor and special ed teacher! Wake up america..everyone else is smarter, but we have missiles!

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Nov 30,2008 2:00am
is it trew that in france, if you lose a fight to a midget, you become one yourself.?

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 30,2008 2:06am
You can be comforted about that, Pam, some french people are incredibly lame at english even after years of school. And personally, I think learning French is harder than learning English.
Thanks for your comment, Lamp, always nice to hear

It is! Who the fuck has male and female words? Your language is a sexist jerk.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Nov 30,2008 2:09am
pam, don't worry, they lost world cup becaus theuy are no good at football and uA beat them twice.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 30,2008 6:55am
Pam, that's only sexist if you wanna look at it that way. German is worse, having a third form for things and giving it to the word girl for example. How's that ?

Niccolai : Fight ? In France ? Never heard of fighting, sorry.

toggletoggle post by guy at Nov 30,2008 8:36am
aren't all french guys queers

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 30,2008 8:40am edited Nov 30,2008 12:54pm
Only the gay ones are

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 30,2008 8:56am
I wish!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 30,2008 8:59am
in school, I took 3 years of german and 9 years of spanish. can't speak a word of either until AFTER I walk away from someone that I could speak with.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 30,2008 12:02pm
I took 5 years of German and Ich spreche nicht Deutsch.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 30,2008 12:47pm
wouldn't that be kein?

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 30,2008 12:53pm
Could very well be.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 30,2008 4:00pm
Qui parle français ici alors ?

toggletoggle post by ctB0rderpatrol at Nov 30,2008 7:14pm
sitzpinkel

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Nov 30,2008 7:20pm
Who's a sitzpinkler ?

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Dec 1,2008 1:07am
Qui parle français ici alors ?

Je parle francais. J'ai apprendu francais a l'ecole quand j'ai habite a Vermont. J'ai oublie tellement!

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 1,2008 6:18am
Oh, I understand that, we forget so much of what we "learn" at school. What's the most common second language to choose at school in the US ?

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Dec 1,2008 7:07am
Oh, I understand that, we forget so much of what we "learn" at school. What's the most common second language to choose at school in the US ?

Probably Spanish... There are a lot of people who speak Spanish in this country.

I can still understand/speak French well enough to get by. If I lived in a French-speaking country, I would probably be fluent pretty quickly. My brain is good with languages. If I hear someone speaking French for a few minutes, I start thinking in French.

Where I grew up was about an hour south of the Canadian border, so we had TV stations in French. The town I lived in when I was a little kid was full of old French-Canadians who moved there to work in the mills in the 1920s. Quebecois French is different, though. If I talk to people from rural parts of Quebec, I have no idea what they're saying half the time.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 1,2008 7:13am
Quebecois French can be weird even for a French hehe. In addition to their accent, they are really hardcore when it comes to the French language. They refuse anglicisms, they'd sometimes rather use a word they coined and that sounds stupid than an english word anybody would understand.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 2,2008 7:29pm
When you look into the abyss of the post, the abyss also looks into you.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Dec 2,2008 8:17pm
Bonjour mon ami! J'ouer avec Neuraxis du Montreal. Je me appelle Josh Staples.
You are now a member of Les Resistance. C'est pour le sang francais. Other than Quebec, this is the best reason for an American Metalhead to honor our heritage. Je veux plus parle avec toi, mon francais mal.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 2,2008 8:24pm
Salut Josh, your name was mentioned in a previous post. Tu es de Montreal aussi ? On peut parler ensemble si tu veux, pas de problèmes. Tell me more about Les Resistance.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 12:43pm
No members of the Church of the Subgenius on there ?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 3,2008 12:48pm
What part of France you from? North / northeast? One of my band's older release was out on a French label from Lille, France. Always wanted to check that place out

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 12:53pm
I'm from the center. What was the label, Listenable ? What was your band ?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 3,2008 12:55pm
Eisiger-Mond Productions. Smaller label, although I think it's growing. The release was for Infernecron.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 3,2008 12:56pm

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 1:05pm
I have to say I had never heard of them before. How did it go with them ?

toggletoggle post by aril at Dec 3,2008 1:08pm
went well, although we were one of the first 'releases' on it. we've got decent underground exposure in france / belgium area because of it. I mean, it wasn't a real release.. just a demo. he offered to do it and I was completely satisfied with the outcome

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 1:11pm
Ever got gig offers from that area or Europe in general ?

toggletoggle post by aril at Dec 3,2008 1:14pm
that band doesn't do shows. just me and one other person.
It would be sweet if we could do live stuff though; maybe somepoint soon I will get some other people to fill in.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 1:18pm
You're using a drum machine, right ? Where are you located ?

toggletoggle post by aril at Dec 3,2008 1:31pm
Springfield. No, just kidding.. actually I'm near Cape Cod.
For the demos yes. I think in 2009 I will be composing an actual release for it, but this time with real drums. I'm not too sure about pulling it off live just yet. I've got a live band right now.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 1:38pm
There's a lot of kidding going on about Springfield.
Anyway, good luck on finding a drummer, it's never easy to find the right person.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 1:45pm
I like that song from your website. You have a good production too, a real drum could really enhance the whole. Do you dig bands like Shining or Forgotten Tomb ?

toggletoggle post by aril at Dec 3,2008 1:47pm
yes, sir.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 1:50pm
Are there some french bands you like ?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 3,2008 1:57pm
I think the question should be are there any French bands I DON'T like. I think France has one of the best scenes in Europe. I like everything from the les legions noires (black legion) bands to Alcest, to Gojira, Ad Hominem and beyond. I know there's people on this board that would agree with me

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 2:04pm
Oh, that's great to hear because in France, we have a tendency to think that Gojira is about the only french band that's somewhat successful in the US.
There is one band that I strongly recommend, it's SUP (though their 2 most recent albums are less inspired that in the past imo), it's really unique. Do you know them ?
Other than that, Seth, Belenos, Mystic Forest, Carnival in Coal, Ellipsis...

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 3,2008 2:07pm
Actually haven't checked out SUP.
Seth and Mystic Forest are awesome too. Haven't heard Carnival in Coal?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 3,2008 2:08pm
Another one I like is Celestia. They were apparently looking to play a show over here but I think it fell through.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 2:16pm
http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/108720
This is a whole album by Supuration (the alter ego of Sup), their first name when they started as a death metal act before evolving to a more personal cold music. The other album on this site (9092) is a compilation of their first demos.
So you can try both and you'll see the difference. I recommend this band to anyone who wants to hear something really original.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 2:22pm
If you and other people keep taking an interest in the French scene, maybe more bands will come to play there. Gojira's tours might help.
http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/46802
Here's a link to a Carnival in Coal album, original too but way crazier (a look at the name of the tracks might be a clue)

toggletoggle post by BSV at Dec 3,2008 2:32pm
LES RESISTANCE exists whenever anyone who is at least 25% French hangs out with another fellow French. We serve no purpose other than just being awesome, beautiful, and better than just about everyone who's in the same room as us. We casually speak random french (to the best of our ability) and usually just talk about how awesome it is to be French. We are French Pride in America!

Come guys you're forgetting the important ones!

ANTAEUS
MUTIILATION
PESTE NOIR
SEVISS
SEIGNEUR VOLAND
POGROM
MASSACRA
MALICIOUS SECRETS
DARVULIA
AMESOEURS
VLAD TEPES

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 3,2008 2:34pm
awesome, thanks.
I would love to see more French/Euro bands coming here to play smaller-medium shows.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 3,2008 2:36pm
aw come on, BSV, I mentioned les legiones noires bands! Good ones in your list, though.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Dec 3,2008 2:38pm
Specifics!!!

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 2:46pm
Are there many of you awesome RESISTANTS out there ?
Arilius cited les légions noires, I thought about Amesoeurs, a shame they split after just one mcd. Massacra's very good too, I see you're very much into the extreme metal scene, BSV.
@Arilius : I think it's doable with some contacts. I'd like to be a link once I get to Mass.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 3,2008 2:47pm
Unless you are Anne, stay home. Frogs Raus!!!
Shouldn't you be surrendering to someone right now?

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 2:47pm
You don't mess with LES RESISTANCE

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 2:51pm edited Dec 3,2008 2:52pm
Anne who ?
If you use your brain instead of letting it be zombified by propaganda, you know WWII is not representative of French history and there was something called the Resistance.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 3,2008 2:54pm
anne was a french metal head that lived in providence and ran the armegeddon shop. she put on a lot of shows there too. then she moved to finland or sweden or something and nobody has her from her since. wellexcept some baby pictures.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 2:56pm
So she was ok cause she had a pussy, that's it ?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 3,2008 3:38pm
I must say that one of my favorite French (non-metal) musicians is Jean-Luc Ponty. Not sure if you know him or not.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Dec 3,2008 3:44pm
Anne was from Thionville, after Providence she moved to Montreal-fell in love and now lives in Norway, she rules.

Amesoeurs is a must for anybody remotely interested in Alcest.

Favorite non metal Francais,
Vannessa Paradis
Edith Piaf
Pink Martini
Jacques Brel
Juliette Greco
Carla Bruni
Allain Leprest

toggletoggle post by BSV at Dec 3,2008 3:50pm
Are there many of you awesome RESISTANTS out there ?

About a dozen I see regularly. More than a few are total babes : )

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 4:03pm
I'm not familiar with Jean-Luc Ponty, have to check that out.
BSV : Yes, I prefer Amesoeurs to the first lady of France hehe.
Now, I'm curious about one thing, please enlighten me : have the French always been synonymous with surrendering ? Because I have the impression it really started after a french guy dared to say there were no evidence of WMD in Iraq (what cockyness)

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 4:04pm
I have my own babe, BSV, thanks. That makes more for you, petit coquin ;)

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 3,2008 4:13pm
have the French always been synonymous with surrendering ? Because I have the impression it really started after a french guy dared to say there were no evidence of WMD in Iraq (what cockyness)

Wrong. WW1. WW2.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 4:21pm
France has not lost WWI. France has not surrendered in WWII, they lost after several months of battle and then some collaborated (btw, Roosevelt supported those at first) and some resisted. In the meantime, every country around Germany was thrashed in just days but no one is making fun of them. England was hiding on their island and Russia was saved by their weather.

PS : Almost nobody here eats frogs or wear berets. But you seem happy wallowing in the clichés so have fun.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 3,2008 4:28pm edited Dec 3,2008 4:28pm
you seem happy wallowing in the clichés .

Extremely.

Also, Viet Nam

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 3,2008 4:29pm

toggletoggle post by BSV at Dec 3,2008 4:32pm
oh man that Frog picture fucking rules!

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 4:32pm
So what happened with you in Vietnam ? Did you win there ?

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 4:33pm
The picture's fun, not so sure about the guy who posted it.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 3,2008 4:35pm
I'd go back even further in history. The Franks were a very respectable tribe / culture. If only Clovis didn't convert to Christianity..

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 4:41pm
Oh man, you're going too far for Josh. He doesn't know about anything prior to the 20th century. He hasn't heard about the French helping the US get their independence. About French kings ruling England, etc.
If only nobody converted to Christianity or any other religion.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 3,2008 4:48pm
Actually, Jack(?), I hope you're not surprised when you find a lot of people here that loathe the French. It is New England after all; a lot of people here (at least I know a few) don't really like the French. It's not anything that will threaten you while you're out here - just be aware.
Most people could care less.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 5:08pm
(Jack Grants is the name I use in my band and book) So you'd say it's an English heritage, to loathe the French ? As for anything else, if someone's gonna hate me, I'd like to know why. Being French doesn't seem a good reason to me.
And saying shit like the French are always surrendering is ridiculous, especially when your only argument is a picture found on the internet. When you don't know History or any othert subject, you don't talk about it as if you were an expert.
Unfortunately, I know I'm gonna face that but it won't stop me from coming.

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Dec 3,2008 10:14pm
Oh man, you're going too far for Josh. He doesn't know about anything prior to the 20th century. He hasn't heard about the French helping the US get their independence. About French kings ruling England, etc.
If only nobody converted to Christianity or any other religion.

The U.S. wouldn't have won the revolutionary war without help from the French. Apparently, I have some distant relation to Marquis De LaFayette. I don't know how, but in any case, that guy was a hero during the revolution.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 10:28pm
It's nice to see some people acknowledge that. There was a pro-French sentiment at the time, we can see it notably with the suffix -ville that was added to many towns. But all that's almost forgotten, those who hate the French don't give a shit, they don't need a reason.
Anyway, good for you, Samantha, a relation to the Marquis de Sade would have been cool too hehe

toggletoggle post by BSV at Dec 3,2008 11:42pm
DEMOCRACY
EXISTENTIALISM
THE BLOW JOB

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 3,2008 11:53pm
Cinema, mayonnaise, guillotine, photography, bikini, the metric system...

toggletoggle post by |an  at Dec 3,2008 11:59pm
and Year Of No Light, ftw

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Dec 4,2008 5:10am
It's retarded that nobody's mentioned Simone de Beauvior, Deathspell Omega or Merrimack in this thread.

And let's not forget conducting above ground nuclear weapons testing well after the rest of the world realized that it was batshit insane; eat a dick French Polynesians, enjoy your cancer.

Patrick Roy's still a faggot.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 4,2008 6:34am
There would be a lot to mention, good and bad like for any other country.
Nuclear testing is crap but we shouldn't condemn people for what their governments do, it's insane to have nuclear weapons in the first place. Jacques Chirac is a dick, Sarkozy's a dick like most world leaders are. Unfortunately, the whole world doesn't need these testings to enjoy the cancers some are trying to sell us.
As to Patrick Roy, I'm gonna have to take your word for it but he's canadian.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Dec 4,2008 6:45am
I was actually giving France credit for nuclear testing because it's fucking awesome and Pacific Islanders are subhuman mutants to begin with.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 4,2008 7:11am
Oh I see, my mistake, I'm already used to the negative comments going to the whole French nation without exceptions. It doesn't change my opinion on nuclear shit though.
But if you want to shoot a cheap Troma movie in those cute radioactive islands, go ahead.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 4,2008 7:40am
BobNOMAAMRooney%20nli said[orig][quote]
It's retarded that nobody's mentioned Simone de Beauvior, Deathspell Omega or Merrimack in this thread.

and unless i missed it, no Blut Aus Nord either.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 4,2008 7:53am
You're absolutely right, Yeti, Blut Aus Nord deserves to be cited. Also, Vindsval, the main guy in BAN, released an awesome (and very rare) cd called Supremacy under the moniker The Eye, check it out if you can.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 4,2008 3:31pm
Bis repetita

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 5,2008 4:09pm
Are there some good metal shops in Mass ?

toggletoggle post by MadOakDevin  at Dec 6,2008 3:52am
it actually has alot more new brunswick influence than quebec. i would know this.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 6,2008 6:56am edited Dec 6,2008 6:56am
What are the influences ?

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Dec 6,2008 7:24am
Armageddon Shop in Providence RI is probably the est underground shop in the area. The local chain Newbury Comics is pretty damn sharp with metal though. Some locations better then others, but you can find some gems.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 6,2008 7:52am
Sounds good, anything around Springfield ?

toggletoggle post by SlavonicIdentity at Dec 6,2008 8:46am
Sounds good, anything around Springfield ?

Music Outlet in Enfield is awesome. Only a few minutes from Springfield.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Dec 6,2008 10:22am
French people

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 6,2008 10:31am
You're talking about the influences ?

toggletoggle post by MikeOvDecrepitvde at Dec 6,2008 11:03am
BSV said[orig][quote]

ANTAEUS
MUTIILATION
PESTE NOIR
SEVISS
SEIGNEUR VOLAND
POGROM
MASSACRA
MALICIOUS SECRETS
DARVULIA
AMESOEURS
VLAD TEPES

Hell yeah. I'd add Arkhon Infaustus, SCD, and Alcest to that list, as well.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 6,2008 11:47am
I heard SCD toured in the US, ever got to see them ?

toggletoggle post by MikeOvDecrepitvde at Dec 7,2008 9:27am
Yup, a few times. They're awesome guys.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 7,2008 9:34am
Ever seen other French bands ?

toggletoggle post by pires at Dec 7,2008 11:03am
benighted anyone?

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 8,2008 6:55am
Yeah, Benighted kicks ass, you should check Kronos and Recueil Morbide for other good brutal death bands

toggletoggle post by darkwor at Dec 8,2008 10:32am
Gojira

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 8,2008 10:40am
Gojira looks quite successful in the US, right ?

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 8,2008 1:18pm
So what happened with you in Vietnam ? Did you win there ?

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 8,2008 1:23pm
Gojira looks quite successful in the US, right ?

i wish they would do a headlining tour... i keep missing them cause they keep opening for terrible bands.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Dec 8,2008 2:34pm
I hear you, In Flames... that would have been ok years ago but now... Maybe Gojira will be playing at Hellfest, one of the best metal festivals in the world.

toggletoggle post by Queen Diamond at Dec 10,2008 9:36am
A particular man in France rules my panties. Je t'aime Julien.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 2,2009 2:27pm
That's it, I found a place in Springfield so I'll be there for the months of April/May/June. Seems like there's gonna be some good gigs around there : amon amarth, enslaved...

toggletoggle post by BSV at Mar 2,2009 2:33pm
you'll be here in time to watch the Bruins crush the Habs in the playoffs.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 2,2009 2:52pm
ABSURDISM, THE GUILLOTINE, LOTS OF OBSCURE POLEARMS FOR D&D (GLAIVE-GLAIVE-GUISARME FTW) - THE FRENCHES IS OK BY ME.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 2,2009 3:15pm
great, I master absurdism but I'd better be drunk to watch hockey

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Mar 2,2009 3:21pm
wow, epic thread is SRSLY epic.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 2,2009 3:22pm
Haha - now you're getting it. LOL

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 2,2009 3:48pm
Anything particular to do in the area in spring ? Is there something for 4/20 ?

toggletoggle post by TheBloodening  at Mar 2,2009 3:50pm
don't move to springfield, i grew up there and it's a fucking shithole...west springfield is a little better but theres nothing in western ma anymore...just come to boston.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 2,2009 3:53pm
We usually head out to Purgatory Chasm (crazy natural gorge that's full of cool caves where the natives hid from pilgrim assholes) with a flashlight full of joints.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 2,2009 3:55pm
Thanks for the warning but my girlfriend lives in WS so I'm heading there for now

toggletoggle post by TheBloodening  at Mar 2,2009 3:56pm
sweet, well enjoy!

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 2,2009 3:58pm edited Mar 2,2009 4:00pm
DestroyYouAlot said[orig][quote]
We usually head out to Purgatory Chasm (crazy natural gorge that's full of cool caves where the natives hid from pilgrim assholes) with a flashlight full of joints.

Sounds cool, I want to see some nice forests and stuff. Even better if there's some weed involved.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 2,2009 4:01pm
TheBloodening said[orig][quote]
sweet, well enjoy!

Thanks man, I will definitely

toggletoggle post by ctb0rderpatrol at Mar 3,2009 1:30am

PRAISE BOB!

our local college station just pulled the hour of slack from their lineup because their board of directors is comprised of yuppie fehgs

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 3,2009 6:23am

That's blasphemy, man

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Mar 3,2009 9:14am
purgatory chasm is the ballz. add trippy and WIN

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Mar 3,2009 9:15am
If you like that place you'd prolly dig th FLUME GORGE in North NH. I luvs it. Do that and the kangamangas in the same day, great time.

toggletoggle post by ctb0rderpatrol at Mar 3,2009 1:07pm
French kings ruling England, etc.

those are called normans. they're nordic.

with the example set by kosovo, the norman and the celtic breton nations deserve independence from the french state

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 3,2009 1:36pm
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE WELSH

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 3,2009 3:08pm
oh, that's bullshit, if you start like that, everyone deserves independence from everyone else. No nations... maybe that would be more simple in fact, write that to Obama. Next big file after legalizing pot.

toggletoggle post by Brutal nli at Mar 3,2009 3:15pm
I like french Fries!

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 3,2009 3:22pm
who doesn't

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 3,2009 3:36pm
French people leave armpit hair everywhere.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 3,2009 3:40pm
you did the same one months ago skin sandwich, you should renew the jokes a little. So you like skin in your sandwiches but not hair ? What do you do when you get some hairy skin in your sandwich ?

toggletoggle post by ctb0rderpatrol at Mar 3,2009 5:38pm
oh, that's bullshit, if you start like that, everyone deserves independence from everyone else. No nations... maybe that would be more simple in fact, write that to Obama. Next big file after legalizing pot.

saying the french held kingship over england is like saying the aztecs are flooding over our southern border. just sayin.....

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 3,2009 5:57pm
Some were normans, some weren't. The world is a whorehouse, blood is mixed everywhere.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 3,2009 8:48pm
you did the same one months ago skin sandwich, you should renew the jokes a little. So you like skin in your sandwiches but not hair ? What do you do when you get some hairy skin in your sandwich ?

I get pissed off, say the same lame joke and JackGrants people to death.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 3,2009 8:50pm
you JackGrants people to death ? how does that work ?

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 13,2009 6:22am
Is the metal shop in Providence still up and running ?

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 13,2009 8:10am
YUP

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 13,2009 8:16am
you JackGrants people to death ? how does that work ?

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 13,2009 10:14am
other cool places around ?

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 13,2009 10:48am
"America's Stonehenge" in NH is supposed to be pretty cool and nigh-inexplicable.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 13,2009 10:50am
The monty pythons did it

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 13,2009 11:21am
RUN AWAY!!! LOL

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 13,2009 11:24am
Looks good anyway, I bet there are other things to see in Salem ?

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 14,2009 1:24am
Salem, NH and Salem, Ma

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 14,2009 2:12am edited Mar 14,2009 2:14am
It was a jack frober this guy type of joke. Lost in translation. Come to the Cape Jack Grants Good food, decent people, good head shops, sluts in the Summer, the occasional great white getting caught in our harbors, Awesome deep sea fishing, oh and did I mention great Summer female ass? Yeah, bring plenty of dong bags.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 14,2009 8:08am
Oh, it wasn't lost in translation, there's way harder to translate. Thanks anyway, I'll probably go to the Cape with my own great piece of ass and she'll probably chew on the sluts that would get closer like that great white.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 14,2009 11:32am edited Mar 14,2009 11:34am
This shark has a massive bite radius!

Regardless, thanks jack for letting me fuck with ya. i hope you end up enjoying the states, and seeing all of our obese fellow americans. If and when you come to the cape, look for all the drunken chicks walking in downtown Hyannis. We go around and do slut tipping. It is like cow tipping, except with drunk sluts.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 14,2009 11:45am edited Mar 14,2009 11:46am
Oh man, I just wanted you to know that I don't take all the anti-french comments seriously and/or personally otherwise I wouldn't sleep at night for sure. I'm coming to the States to see my girlfriend first and foremost and honestly, New England seems like a nice place. I'm sure I'll meet some cool people and I'll try to do and see many things but I don't think my gf would appreciate that slut hunt.

toggletoggle post by douchebag_patrol_2 at Mar 15,2009 2:32am

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 15,2009 11:45am
Is french pee an official synonym for golden shower ?

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 15,2009 1:08pm
Oh man, I just wanted you to know that I don't take all the anti-french comments seriously and/or personally otherwise I wouldn't sleep at night for sure. I'm coming to the States to see my girlfriend first and foremost and honestly, New England seems like a nice place. I'm sure I'll meet some cool people and I'll try to do and see many things but I don't think my gf would appreciate that slut hunt.

Cool man, I have nothing against French people. I have a lot of french friends,err, no I don't, but I was just jabbin' at ya. hell, I get knocked on for being of Irish, Scottish and German decent. So people think I wear kilts while drunk goose stepping all over the place holding Swasi flags, LOL! Good times!

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 15,2009 1:23pm
haha, I guess we all have our ethnic cross to bear. Btw, I also have a lot of friends of Irish, Scottish and German decent, err... You do like booze though, don't you

toggletoggle post by BSV at Mar 15,2009 2:21pm
let's go for a hike in the Berksheres.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 15,2009 2:25pm
As a matter of fact, I'm gonna spend my first weekend there.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 16,2009 9:53am
haha, I guess we all have our ethnic cross to bear. Btw, I also have a lot of friends of Irish, Scottish and German decent, err... You do like booze though, don't you

Not as much as I used to since my kidney failure last year, and then again last night, WTF? This sucks.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 16,2009 10:01am
Yeah, if only we could just drink without having the hangover, rotting organs and other unfortunate side effects.

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Mar 17,2009 11:39pm
Gojira at the Palladium, May 2

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Apr 12,2009 11:39am
Anyone around Springfield ?

toggletoggle post by JackGrants at Apr 15,2009 11:40am
Where are the metalheads

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Insane Beastial Murder
[default homepage] [print][5:44:33am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.25069 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]