New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Will my insurence go up because of a failure to stop at stop sign? by Niccolai on Nov 23,2008 10:54pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Nov 23,2008 10:54pm
So I'm driving through a part of hanover I don't recognise, and barely see out of the corner of my eye a stop sign behind some brush. I hit my brakes but couldn't stop completely before the stop line and got pulled over

dude gives me a citation for failing to stop at a stop sign.

I have a clean driving record, and would like my insurence not to go up.

if I end up losing the civil hearing to fight the ticket will A) my insurence go up because of this one offense? and B) will there be some sort of court fee?

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 23,2008 10:58pm
INSURANCE

(in before Dwyer)

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Nov 23,2008 11:00pm
If Dwyer wanted to get all butthurt about all the typos I've made on this website, his hair would fall out... wait... wut?

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Nov 23,2008 11:01pm
usually only if you get into an accident does insurance go up.

I did 80 on route 3 in mass and only had my license for two years...only had to pay the ticket.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 23,2008 11:57pm
depends on how many points it gives you.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Nov 24,2008 8:00am edited Nov 24,2008 8:04am
If you have a Mass license and you get found guilty, this will add points and your insurance will go up. It won't go up right away, but when its time to renew it, your rates will be higher.
I don't know how other states do it, but thats how it is in Mass.

On the other hand, if you have a clean driving record, it will most likely get thrown out at the hearing. Hearings are free.
If the guy is a dick and still finds you guilty you can opt to take it in front of a real judge, also free. If you do that the cop HAS to show up for you to be found guilty. You got a 50/50 shot of the cop not showing up.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Nov 24,2008 8:00am
y_ddraig_goch said[orig][quote]
usually only if you get into an accident does insurance go up.

I did 80 on route 3 in mass and only had my license for two years...only had to pay the ticket.

You must be in NH. In Mass. your insurance would have gone up.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 24,2008 9:21am
yes sir, it shuold.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Nov 24,2008 9:22am
I brain farted at a red light in Whitman one time, and took a right turn on a no turn on red. Thankfully the police were there to keep me from ripping society apart at the seems with my egregious driving error. My premiums went up (I was like 19) when my insurance was renewed, and 4 years later I sat in an office with my insurance agent who told me that the reason the insurance for my new car would be almost $50 a month more than he had quoted me only a few days before was because of that traffic violation. He doesn't work in insurance anymore.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][11:56:22am Apr 27,2024
load time 0.03025 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]