New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Pathetic. by MarkFuckingRichards on Nov 16,2008 12:46pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 16,2008 12:46pm
A friend from Florida linked me to an acquaintance's blog that is the saddest shit I have ever read. Apparently this girl feels she is responsible for Obama getting elected president, because she was one of millions of volunteers. ONE of millions. But she's responsible...and apparently very delusional. Here's an update on this stranger's life:

"I haven’t gone grocery shopping in about a month. That means that there are days when I eat only sunflower seeds. That’s actually true.

The grammar blog? I couldn’t care less.

I can’t tell you the last time I spent time with my core group of friends.

And I’m not even looking forward to my Buenos Aires trip in less than two weeks. Part of me is even thinking about canceling it, saving the money.

There is only one thing that I get excited about: checking CNN. Checking the Huffington Post. Reading Newsweek. Going home and turning on MSNBC for a few hours.

I should be at my friend’s birthday in Connecticut and here I am, at 5:30 PM on a Saturday, still in my pajamas, cruising YouTube to relive the best moments of the election. I’m not there, and I should be there, and this event will likely brand me an unconscionable asshole in my friends’ eyes, and I don’t care.

Then it hit me.

I’m in election withdrawal.

I’m sure this is normal and expected for someone who was as invested in the election as I was. But it’s so hard to dig myself out of this vast unhappiness. Under normal circumstances, I have occasional bouts of depression that I slug through and get through within a few days. Now, it’s nearly constant.

This isn’t right. I’ve been spending every weekend like this — never getting dressed, never eating, doing nothing all day, barely even going out to clubs. (Oddly, I do a LOT more socializing during the week than on the weekend, particularly with coworkers, and it usually ends up with me consuming far too much alcohol.)

At the moment, I’m trying to convince myself to make the five-minute walk to Starbucks. It’s so difficult.

I know what I have to do. I have to plan my day, get OUT there, do something different. But it is so DIFFICULT. I can’t describe it. If I could, I would plan an entire day out in blocks, a new and crazy activity for every hour.

But unless something is forcing me to get up, I can’t. I can’t get up."

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 16,2008 1:15pm
MarkFuckingRichards said[orig][quote]
At the moment, I’m trying to convince myself to make the five-minute walk to Starbucks. It’s so difficult.

I know what I have to do. I have to plan my day, get OUT there, do something different. But it is so DIFFICULT. I can’t describe it. If I could, I would plan an entire day out in blocks, a new and crazy activity for every hour.

But unless something is forcing me to get up, I can’t. I can’t get up."

If you were to replace Starbucks with something else, I've actually been feeling kind of like this lately, especially the last sentence. But it sure as fuck doesn't have anything to do with the election, more like wanting to save up money for cool shit like MDF and knowing you can barely manage it...

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 16,2008 1:24pm
Yeah, for a couple months I felt the same way but it was because of REAL problems, not this bullshit. I just do not understand what is wrong with this woman.

toggletoggle post by DaveFromTheGrave  at Nov 16,2008 1:34pm
woman.

You hit the nail on the head right there.

toggletoggle post by dertoxia   at Nov 16,2008 1:39pm

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 16,2008 2:18pm
DaveFromTheGrave said[orig][quote]
woman.

You hit the nail on the head right there.

Haha, I was waiting for someone to say that.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Nov 16,2008 3:17pm
Link ot GTFO. I wish to validate her feelings of despondency.

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Nov 16,2008 3:27pm
dertoxia said[orig][quote]

bennyhillifier
haha i was hoping someone would link to this

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Nov 16,2008 8:49pm
I've been tell people this for a while now.

Give it some time and you'll see these same people freak out as the real cold world comes crashing down on them and they realize it's business as usual and they are far from special.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 16,2008 9:36pm
FLORIDA? AND THEN SHE FUCKED A CUBAN AND BROKE UR HEART.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 16,2008 10:16pm
Haha, WRONG. On several levels.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Nov 16,2008 10:20pm
hahaha Aaron

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Nov 16,2008 10:35pm
contagion said[orig][quote]
dertoxia said[orig][quote]

bennyhillifier
haha i was hoping someone would link to this

same here

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 1:06pm
It looks like this girl's life is doing much better now that she's shopping for home goods at Marshall's and cutting her finger open. UPDATE:

"I had a great day today. Following my terrible Saturday and an all-around tough week, I needed a good day.

It was simple, but fun: Sars and I took a long walk (to her chagrin, in the cold weather) through Symphony and Northeastern before arriving at Tremont 647 for brunch. (Very good brunch — I had gingerbread pancakes with lemon coulis and walnuts, while she had biscuits and gravy.)

We then walked through the South End and up to Marshall’s with the goal of buying home stuff. I bought her a bust of Beethoven that she really liked. We made a few stops down Newbury — H&M, American Apparel, CVS, the hardware store, Urban Outfitters.

We then got home and started CLEANING like CRAZY. God, we needed it. We’ve neglected cleaning our place, but now it’s sparkling. For the most part.

And I did cut my finger pretty badly — I sliced it open on a piece of jagged tile — but hopefully it will be better within a few days.

I also sent out several couchsurfing requests to people living in Buenos Aires, and I’ve got a bunch of people to hang out with when I go! I’d love to have a packed social schedule when I arrive.

It’s all about keeping a packed schedule. I feel myself getting depressed again when I’m sitting on the couch or surfing the web, especially when it comes to politics, because there is NO NEWS anymore!! I am going to have something planned for every night this week. That will hopefully help."

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 17,2008 1:09pm
i can't even begin to express how much i vehemently hate blogging/bloggers/blogs. no one gives a rats ass about your stupid fucking life.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Nov 17,2008 1:28pm
[Nov 17,2008 1:09pm - Yeti]
i can't even begin to express how much i vehemently hate blogging/bloggers/blogs. no one gives a rats ass about your stupid fucking life.

unless it's a blog full of links to sweet albums, it can go fuck itself in its self important asshole.

toggletoggle post by Blacktooth at Nov 17,2008 3:15pm
Fucking hate them too!. That and ppl that interview themselves and post surveys they took about their worthless life online.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][7:00:35pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.02158 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]