New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> 11/28 Framingham Civic League w/ Aminals, Lions Lions, In Remeberance, Outrage, Looking For Alaska, Sequence The Sky by tramplethweak on Nov 12,2008 10:10am
Add To All Your Pages!
Nov 28, 2008 Civic League (Framingham, MA)
aminals - 2008-11-28
Aminals(100)
flash animated slider show
in_remembrance - 2008-11-28
In Remembrance(129)
lions_lions - 2008-11-28
Lions Lions(199)
looking_for_alaska - 2008-11-28
Looking For Alaska(175)
outrage - 2008-11-28
Outrage(91)
pitfall - 2008-11-28
Pitfall(72)
randomshots - 2008-11-28
Randomshots(2)
sequence_the_sky - 2008-11-28
Sequence The Sky(52)

November 2008red means cancelled
toggletoggle post by tramplethweak at Nov 12,2008 10:10am

toggletoggle post by KeynoteCompany  at Nov 12,2008 12:32pm
Such a weird, yet good lineup haha.

toggletoggle post by ryrymax at Nov 18,2008 12:18pm
rich, that lineup is godly and you know it. ;) yr just jelous you didnt book it lol

toggletoggle post by Septic Mountain Fountain at Nov 18,2008 4:50pm
its funny this place seems to be booking alot of shows again. I haven't been there since '99 ish and seeing Unearth play to nobody, while bands like 7th Rail Crew were packing house haha

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Nov 18,2008 9:41pm
Septic%20Mountain%20Fountain said[orig][quote]
its funny this place seems to be booking alot of shows again. I haven't been there since '99 ish and seeing Unearth play to nobody, while bands like 7th Rail Crew were packing house haha

That's what I was thinkin'
For a while it was damn near impossible because the Civic League suddenly wanted nothing to do with shows anymore after a pretty sweet run in the late 90s early 2000s

toggletoggle post by Septic Mountain Fountain at Nov 19,2008 12:23am
yea, I remember being at shows there & laughing at the fact that the nursing home right next to the music blasting and the old fucks hanging out looking through the windows and on their porch. Bone Thugs & Harmony played their last year....i guess things are looking up for them

toggletoggle post by tramplethweak at Nov 25,2008 10:11am
black friday!!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 1:54pm
I'm going to come down and photograph this show.

toggletoggle post by KeynoteCompany  at Nov 28,2008 2:26pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
I'm going to come down and photograph this show.

If you aren't doing anything tomorrow it be awesome if you could come shoot this show. Depending how the night goes, we might be able to pay you too!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 3:23pm
tomorrow there are like 20 shows going on!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 3:53pm

toggletoggle post by KeynoteCompany  at Nov 28,2008 3:59pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
tomorrow there are like 20 shows going on!

Yeah there's a few other good ones, but if you don't end up at those, definitely be awesome if you came down.
I found some RTTP stickers laying around that I'll be giving out too.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 5:40pm
nice. im down here already. weird beind back here for a show.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 6:23pm
wow, the set up here is nothing short of over the top. they might actually make this venue sound really good. either someone paid a shit ton for/rent this stuff or this venue got a grant. 3 monitors across the front, lighting, and 4 speakers to either side of the stage.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 6:43pm
sequence the sky: post-emo/metalcore. Like taking a metalcore band and mixing some space-rock/isis type stuff, but keeping the clean vocals. They seemed pretty uncomfortable on that huge stage, 5' over the crowds heads. At this point, there are probably 40-ish people here. I'm still amazed at the sound system. At the front of the room, since the stage is so high, all of the sound seems to be going over everyone's heads. Probably sounds perfected at the back of the room, but it's really thin right next to the stage. Unless the monitors are mixed well, I'm never in the best place for sound regardless of the venue.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 7:36pm
looking for alaska: if my brain hasn't completely turned a mash potato based neuro-network, this is trampletheweak's band. When I saw them on the list, I said "ubetcha" and headed down to this civil gentleman's establishment. The dance music that was played before they was hillarious for all of 1 song. After that, put a bullet in my brain. No wait, take that back.
So I didn't really know what to expect. They were really tight. Metalcore along the lines of vanna. They didn't look lost on the stage at all. Im sure a lot of people on this board would hate them, but they were bad at all. The clean vocals were sporadic enough to not get on my nerves. They play like they have been together for years and if the stage were lower probably would have had more people moshing. Next time vanna plays the ICC, they should drag out these guys for open of the openers. The singer even shouted me out on stage. A lot of the crowd was hanging back wicked far. Im sure they will mosh more laters.

The lighting/shape of this place is proving as hard to deal with as I figured it would. I think that the speakers would be better placed for better sound, but then that would cause them to be moshed into. I know I wouldn't like to be sickly moshed into and im sure that the speakers wouldn't either. I will have to get Mork to come down and strike up a conversation with them

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 7:41pm
pitfall: the second they started, so did the mosh. About 10 kids in the front knew all the words and raged. The second they started should not be confused with the second the ended which seemed like merely minutes later. IOW: their set was incredibly short. Probably cause they weren't originally on the flyer? Plus they had another show to jet off to. When they ended, people tried to get them to play a cover, but it didn't happen.

again, a lot of people here seem way too cool for school and are just standing in the back. this is like a highschool muscial or something.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 8:23pm
outrage: I don't think I've heard/seen them bfore. Very decent hardcore. If only the audience was packed up against the stage. The people behind the moshers were 40 feet from the stage. Lame. The band is a lot better than the reaction the got. Quality hardcore. Their last song went out to straight-edge kids, but I forget if edge is the cool things for these young kids or not. The singer also kept trying to get the lighting turned off. It's pretty blinding. With thesmoke, you can't see the audience at all from the stage unless they are right on the lip of the stage. Also, they are local so go see them.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 9:04pm
In Rememberance: I've definitely seen them play weirder shows (basement of that church), but thi was pretty weird. Icing on the cake for this show IMHO. I dig this band. There was the obligatory fight during their set that sent most of the crowd into the outside. While nick was trying to drunkenly call peple dicks and to come back in,a voice from no where came through the PA to announce that the show could get shutdown if there was fighting. That led to an even more weird end to their set. Still, they played it sweetly and neatly.
I heard the best news, they are playing on a tour with defeatist. Awesome. Make astronomer play the new england date.
When their set was over the music from that ford matrix car commercial where the girl dances in the passenger seat came on. Idk wtf that was. Even dave chappelle made fun of that. It turns this hardcore show into an awkward highschool dance where everyone stands away from everyone else and nobody but groups of girls dance. Yes, highschool dances are way in the past for me, but that's an awkwardness that you remember for a life time and is reenforced with things like this. Now, im a chaperone. Maybe some new kids on the block will get the kids moving on the dance floor. Stay an arms length away from each other kids or im calling your parents to come pick you up! no life lesson like on the glimour girls or people turning into vampires like twilight. sowwies ^_^

The smoke that is coming in over the band smells like cigarette smoke... Lame.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 9:45pm
lions lions: now that is more like it. People all up on the front of the stage, singing along, etc... The last time I saw lions lions, they didn't get 1/2 the response they got at this show. Not as many people here, but they were more in to it.The singer ven went down into the crowd and boogaloued with the crowd. It was all yougsters so I went down there to shoot too. I failed at using my 8mm fish eye towards the end there. at the end of their set, the froont pulled over (or were given) the front mic. when there was a pause, one of (only?) the stage dudes ran out and like brad pitt, snatched it away.

I thought their set was the end all of this show, but after I packed everything up and under the assault of dancy musics, almost ran out the door, I paused to ask if their were any other bands. apparently Animals is the headlining band on this show. a bunch of people seem to have left so they probably should have played before lions lions. I personally think LL is the bigger band.

toggletoggle post by pires at Nov 28,2008 9:53pm
outrage is really good. Surprised you never seen them before rev.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2008 9:59pm
I may have. don't remember

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2008 12:00am
BTW: I'm how with a cup of rum+pineapple juice working on pictures. it will take me a while.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2008 12:01am
I also just saw picture D3_1337.jpg
woot.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2008 12:13am
pictures

toggletoggle post by Phillip  at Nov 29,2008 12:14am
Outrage!!
New Bedford Hardcore bitches

I like them but for some reason they remind me of Have Heart big time in certain parts

toggletoggle post by Welp at Nov 29,2008 12:16am
IR is always good. Lions Lions has to be the worst band name ive ever heard. Cool V necks faggots. Whats wrong with music these days?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2008 10:33am
I need a vneck for reals.

Animals: maybe I was wrong... They got a HUGE response. Very short set. Probably cause they had line up changes.

toggletoggle post by jooj at Nov 29,2008 12:21pm
rev, please, AMINALS*. it used to be abc, you've shot us probably a dozen times over the last two years and i can deal with the neutral/subtly bad reviews, but atleast get the name right =[
<3

toggletoggle post by ryrymax at Nov 29,2008 12:30pm
aw ju, its okay.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2008 2:25pm
ok, I'm an idiot... I had it as aminals and then was like "hey, that's not right" especially cause I knew I shot you guys, but couldn't find it on my site.

toggletoggle post by jooj at Nov 29,2008 2:35pm
quite alright, see ya tonight!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2008 4:49pm
where? I'm at the midway café now... then the ICC. then obreins pub.

toggletoggle post by tramplestheweak at Nov 30,2008 10:23pm
i think he meant follow the flies

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 30,2008 10:40pm
yeah, I figured, just being a dick

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:click here to get internet 5.0
[default homepage] [print][6:22:47pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.02788 secs/31 queries]
[search][refresh page]