New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Batman sued... by Batman. by RichHorror on Nov 11,2008 5:20pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Nov 11,2008 5:20pm
Mayor of Batman sues WB, Nolan
Southeastern city in Turkey fights for name
By ALI JAAFAR

The mayor of an oil-producing city in southeastern Turkey, which has the same name as the Caped Crusader, is suing helmer Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros. for royalties from mega-grosser "The Dark Knight."

Huseyin Kalkan, the pro-Kurdish Democratic Society Party mayor of Batman, has accused "The Dark Knight" producers of using the city's name without permission.

"There is only one Batman in the world," Kalkan said. "The American producers used the name of our city without informing us."

The mayor is prepping a series of charges against Nolan and Warner Bros., which owns the right to the Batman character, including placing the blame for a number of unsolved murders and a high female suicide rate on the psychological impact that the film's success has had on the city's inhabitants.

Former natives of Batman are also said to have encountered obstacles when attempting to register their businesses abroad. The mayor is working on gathering together evidence he claims will show that the city of Batman predates the 1939 debut of Bob Kane's superhero in DC Comics.

"We are only aware of this claim via press reports and have not seen any actual legal action," said a Warner Bros. rep in a statement.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Nov 11,2008 5:23pm
until I read, "oil producing city" I was going to make the claim that batman the franchise has probably made more money than batman the city.

but nevermind.

oil is pretty popular

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Nov 11,2008 5:25pm
The mayor is prepping a series of charges against Nolan and Warner Bros., which owns the right to the Batman character, including placing the blame for a number of unsolved murders and a high female suicide rate on the psychological impact that the film's success has had on the city's inhabitants.

lulz

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Nov 11,2008 5:46pm
this is close to the silliest rttp thread ever.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Nov 11,2008 6:14pm
waitaminute...so this guy actually lives in a place called Batman, Turkey?

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 11,2008 6:29pm
"Mayor of Batman"

lolz

toggletoggle post by Turkey? at Nov 11,2008 7:33pm
"Mayor of Batman"

Adam West?

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Nov 12,2008 10:59am
That's a funny story.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Nov 12,2008 11:32am
This is fucking hilarious for so many reasons.

RichHorror said[orig][quote]
placing the blame for a number of unsolved murders and a high female suicide rate on the psychological impact that the film's success has had on the city's inhabitants.

LUL. That's a pretty sweet connection considering Turkey's murder rate per 100,000 population is a 1:1 ratio with the US. Maybe that's what's wrong with Gary, Indiana. Gary Coleman has been running around stealing the city's name. Hey, you know who could solve a mystery like this.... BATMAN!

Former natives of Batman are also said to have encountered obstacles when attempting to register their businesses abroad.

Oh noes!!1! The world is deprived of more sub shops, and gas stations! I would love to sit in on a meeting between a Turkish business owner, and a bank loan rep.

Bank: So on your application it says you're from *shuffles papers* ummm.... "Batman?" Is this a joke?
Turkish guy: Is no joke! Batman is proud city!
Bank: Yeah, I'm sure. But the thing is, I can't get the Riddler to sign off on this, and Two Face is on vacation. Sooooooo.... *slides application back across table.*
Turkish guy: I don't understand.
Bank: Take your phony business and GTFO.

"We are only aware of this claim via press reports and have not seen any actual legal action," said a Warner Bros. rep in a statement.

Translation: Nobody has ever told Time Warner what to do before, and some pissant city with the 1 in a million chance of being named after one of the most popular fictional characters of all time, isn't going to start it now.

toggletoggle post by DYA / NLI at Nov 12,2008 1:19pm
I'm moving there immediately.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 12,2008 1:34pm
Rammstein Air Force Base should sue the band of the same name for their crappy music and homosexual theatrics.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Nov 12,2008 2:04pm
I like when Turkish sub shops pose as Italian sub shops. Then you go in there and find out that "Uncle Giovanni's" is actually run by a guy named Yusef. And they're not saying that they're not Italian, they'll just let you figure it out on your own when you order the chicken ziti and broccoli.

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Nov 12,2008 4:35pm
they might as well sue thanksgiving while theyre at it.

fags.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][4:33:02pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01584 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]