New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> how long have your ears rung for? by idea on Oct 13,2008 7:08pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by idea at Oct 13,2008 7:08pm
so i'm taking this audio production class and we had a substitute the other day. he gives us this reading assignment and then decides to use a synth to play ultra high frequencies. in the class we had before this we learned that you can't hear the tweeter of a speaker from behind which is where he was standing. I was about four feet away from the speaker and it was facing directly at me at ear level. he then plays a sound that is supposedly so high it's out of the range of human hearing, then he turns the power on the speaker and turns it up really loud. now my ears have been ringing constantly for the past two days. I've been to concerts without earplugs and i've felt more deaf than I do now, but it wasn't this annoying. what are your thoughts on this?

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Oct 13,2008 7:30pm
Go see an ear doctor.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Oct 13,2008 7:36pm
Definitely see a doctor, and get the full name of that substitute just in case, heh.

toggletoggle post by NuclearWinter at Oct 13,2008 7:43pm
I've been experiencing perpetual ear ringing since the age of 11. Deal with it.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Oct 13,2008 7:45pm
fill your ears with wet cat food to muffle out the sound.

toggletoggle post by This_Is_Heresy  at Oct 13,2008 8:13pm
Yeah, I don't remember the last time in my life where my ears were not ringing at least a little.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 13,2008 8:57pm
you can sue for that.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 13,2008 8:58pm
I always wear ear plugs cause I want to be able to hear when I'm 40.

toggletoggle post by Pires at Oct 13,2008 9:00pm
i wear ear plugs all the time now at shows. i thought i'd be a bad ass when i was younger and never wore them. now i cant go to a show without them. i like going to bed and not hear that constant ringing.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Oct 13,2008 9:08pm
About 3 or 4 days one time.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Oct 13,2008 9:10pm
i have a slight ring all the time, but i've noticed it's ridiculously amplified when i'm drunk and falling asleep.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Oct 13,2008 9:10pm
Actually, my ears still ring abit. My left ear mostly. I never wear earplugs at shows and I tend to blast my headphones sometimes. Mostly when I'm mad.

Stupid.

toggletoggle post by DogbiteDaveHumphreys at Oct 13,2008 9:36pm
I received permanent hearing damage in left ear at a Wargasm show in 80something, this shit is no joke. On the other hand, some of the ringing that you hear is your central nervous system, and you may be freaking yourself out by focusing on it making it seem louder than it really is. One way or the other, I reckon you should get your ears checked out just to be sure, and nobody is too cool to wear hearing protection at a show.

toggletoggle post by Whoremastery  at Oct 13,2008 10:30pm edited Oct 13,2008 11:39pm
a doctor cant do a fuckin thing!..welcome to MY WORLD!!...a world of TINNITUS!!..another great thing in life with no cure..i hear a loud as fuck high pitch in my ear every waking hour do to all the years of playing loud music....
i can hear it as i type this and i got mad shit going on..tv, fan..etc
protect your ears now..because if you dont,, it will just get worse....some get it by shooting guns..or people that went to war..some get it by working with loud machinery like my mom..or like most of use metal heads..blasting music into our skulls..i got proffesional earplugs now that are great...wish i used them years ago..my ringing is so bad i cant sleep..i can even hear it driving down the highway!

i almost and still think to quit music because i notice it getting worse all the time...but if i didnt play or listen to music i might as well be dead anyway!

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Oct 14,2008 7:06am
DomesticTerror said[orig][quote]
i have a slight ring all the time, but i've noticed it's ridiculously amplified when i'm drunk and falling asleep.

My ears are usually fine, but I notice a slight ringing when I'm drunk and falling asleep, too. I wonder why that happens.

About 7 or 8 years ago, I was right up front at a Motorhead show with no ear plugs. My ears rang for about 4 or 5 days after. I thought it would never end. It was horrible. I wear ear plugs to shows now.

toggletoggle post by timma at Oct 14,2008 7:17am
That's why substitutes aren't technically teachers...because they generally have half a fuck's idea what they're doing at best.

I was right next to the PA for Slayer @ Lupo's once, hammered on Jager. My shit rang for atlest 3-4 days and it sounded like I was underwater.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 14,2008 7:25am
i have a very faint ringing in my right ear due to Exhumed when they played with Mayhem upstairs at the Palladium.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 14,2008 8:36am
this thread is getting me motivated to get better ear plugs. I think my balance is getting a little messed up cause of it.

toggletoggle post by timma at Oct 14,2008 9:32am
That's probably because you're stuffing massive chunks of ear wax into your inner ear.

Who needs drugs and liquor when you've got vertigo?

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Oct 14,2008 9:47am
At most I've just had a weird feeling in my ears after a loud show, but it never lasts more than just that one night. I definitely need to start wearing my earplugs though. If not I'm sure I'll wake up one day and have a problem out of the blue.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Oct 14,2008 9:53am
Delete your system32 folder.

toggletoggle post by timma at Oct 14,2008 10:18am
don't forget kernell32.dll

it has the AIDS.

toggletoggle post by idea at Oct 16,2008 4:50pm
5 days have passed and it hasn't let up at all

toggletoggle post by idea at Oct 16,2008 4:50pm
and I only heard the tone for about 10 or 15 seconds

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Oct 16,2008 5:10pm
its wierd, every now and then I'll get a ringing in my ears that will last maybe 10 seconds and go away...it happens at random times even when nothing loud is happening

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Oct 16,2008 5:15pm
i think that's normal for everyone

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 16,2008 5:20pm
yep, I've gotten that too and sometimes I've randomly gone deaf in an ear for a minute.

the worst is when your ears start ringing, you break into a cold sweat and the world starts going black. when that happens to me, I open my eyes as wide as I can so that night doesn't envelope me forever.

toggletoggle post by DEEDEEDEE at Oct 16,2008 7:45pm
what school I go to CDIA for audio production

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Oct 16,2008 10:39pm
iced earth was last night and my ears are still ringing, need ear plugs next time

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][8:13:10pm Apr 30,2024
load time 0.02408 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]