New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> ITT - Drum-off Domination by FuckIsMySignature on Oct 5,2008 2:12pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 5,2008 2:12pm
Old drummer of mine pwns first round of Guitar Center Drum - off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDLuAOxOTco

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 5,2008 10:43pm
bump of recognition

toggletoggle post by Mess at Oct 6,2008 12:00am
blargh

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 11,2008 11:32am edited Nov 11,2008 11:33am
District Finals tonight in Natick Guitar Center

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/drum-off-2008/news/

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Nov 11,2008 11:45am
bullshit, i was supposed to take part in this, like i have the last 6 years. And on the last six years it's been on tuesdays. They were supposed to call me day of to confirm. And when i called the day after asking what time to show, they said i missed it, and it was week 3 of the first round that i missed so there was no more rounds to catch. I asked why they didn't call me, he said he called everyone, i repied "No fucking way, i did NOT get a voicemail about this!" He said "oh, you musta been on the bottom of the list."

!!!!???????????!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?! WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!??
God damnit. Those assholes. I had my 3minutes perfected this year, it was a blend of polymetric, rudiment excerises, blasts, and latin (afro-cuban, cascara, mambo, samba, mozambique, etc...) And all of these things are on a rotating time table that keeps the independence going while a different limb initiates the change in meter everytime. It was awesome, I spent almost 3 months of it, because i am tired of loosing. Anywho, next year i guess. Fuckers.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Nov 11,2008 11:45am
if you can't tell, i am a WEE bit irritated about this.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 11,2008 11:50am
ya GC is retarded. my buddy Shadow from Suicide Dream was banned from competing in the Guitar Version of this cause he used loop pedals... that he had bought from Guitar Center. oh well.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Nov 11,2008 11:50am
I hate drums.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Nov 11,2008 11:57am
yeah, they tried to tell me i couldn't use my Axis longboards too... (i didn't wanna use the triggers, just my damn pedals acoustic) They claimed that it was an unfair advantage... apparantly they didn't understand that you still HAVE TO PLAY THE DAMN THINGS!! anyways, i won that argument after about 20 min.

toggletoggle post by Seth at Nov 11,2008 12:06pm
I thought about it to just do it for the hell of it and just jam right out and who gave a shit.. I such at most shit but jsut to do it. It would be nice but hey I can live or live without it!

toggletoggle post by moenli at Nov 11,2008 1:23pm
I'd do this, but...well, I just dont think I'm a strong solo-ists. And since there's dudes in this who are REALLY good at solo-ing I'd probbaly just get eaten allive anyway.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 11,2008 1:24pm edited Nov 11,2008 1:25pm
Do it next year

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 11,2008 1:25pm
Tom remember when Brian schooled that drum-off but lost to that douche who was 1/1000th his skill but had "sheer power"? that was so bogus. i think i still have the video.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 11,2008 1:30pm
haha ya that was lame. technically he tied with the guy but still never got the prize money.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Nov 11,2008 1:57pm
moenli said[orig][quote]
I'd do this, but...well, I just dont think I'm a strong solo-ists. And since there's dudes in this who are REALLY good at solo-ing I'd probbaly just get eaten allive anyway.

I don't solo well either moe. I write a 3minute "piece" more than a solo. Like i was saying earlier, i plan out every bounce of the stick to show my most soulfull/skillful/funky set.. parts all linked together with transitional fills that don't just stay in time, but that join parts through a common denominator. It's hard, and takes a lot of planning, BUT DAMNIT I WAS READY THIS YEAR!! I am still irritated.... but no, i am not a good solo-er either, it's all about composition.

toggletoggle post by moenli at Nov 11,2008 2:15pm
yea, i hear ya and if I did the drum-off I'd probably just do that but I dont have a ton of interest in it either.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Nov 11,2008 2:20pm
Moe- I feel that, and totally empathize. This is the way i see it, it is the BEST way to get used to high pressure situations. It's not like a show where everyone is listening to the music, therefor hearing every mistake. Everyone in the room is STARING at you, and focusing on every hit, and every pulse. So it's real good practice playing under pressure.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Unspoken Acronical Disease
[default homepage] [print][10:02:38am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.02150 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]