New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Vote YES on 2 motherfuckers! [decriminalization here we come] by Kadoog on Oct 3,2008 10:06am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Kadoog at Oct 3,2008 10:06am

toggletoggle post by PalinSupporterSxE at Oct 3,2008 10:08am
fuck you you hippies
dont do drugs
im voting NO

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 10:15am
I hate weed....but i do support decriminalization, only because it will be better for the Massachusetts economy

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Oct 3,2008 10:51am
you wanna get rid of weed? Use a weedwacker!

toggletoggle post by darkwor at Oct 3,2008 10:52am
i'm voting yes because i like to feel like a CRIMINAL

toggletoggle post by sigh at Oct 3,2008 10:54am
bout damn time.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 3,2008 10:59am
orgymf@work said[orig][quote]
I hate weed....but i do support decriminalization, only because it will be better for the Massachusetts economy

Hate? Come on buddy, if it's so bad how did i turn out so good? I am responsible, practice a lot, read a lot, and i work hard. And I smoke as much as anyone i know. I can totally understand how you would not do it, and not want it to be around your kids (if you had any) or in your car/house. Not only do i understand those things, but they make perfect sense to me, it's illegal and could get you in a shit load of trouble. But why hate?

And obviously bro, I am not trying to pick a fight with you. I value your opinions highly, just wanna hear motivation behind the hate.

toggletoggle post by aril at Oct 3,2008 11:00am
you need to brew a beer with THC in it, if possible.

toggletoggle post by sigh at Oct 3,2008 11:03am
I don't think that's possible the way thc works. But it should certainly be possible to lace weed with a nice beer flavor.

toggletoggle post by aril at Oct 3,2008 11:04am
just drop some marinol in the beer and swallow those with it

toggletoggle post by sigh at Oct 3,2008 11:05am
"Oh no! We spaced on the date!" -Homer

toggletoggle post by joeycobra  at Oct 3,2008 11:05am
I feel like this going to end like that Reno911 episode when they were like "Vote Yes on Prop. 2 so we can get a raise" but they were supposed to say vote no.

eh I'm stupid for posting this.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Oct 3,2008 11:05am
Most people hate the average dope smoker, and see dope as the reason.

We should investigate the possibility that weak people, in addition to normal people, are drawn to drugs. Weak people seek drugs to have an excuse for being total losers.

Normal people... well, some people like to get high.

Remember, ouchdrummer, you're not the typical weedsmoker. There's always an elite, even among stoners.

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Oct 3,2008 11:06am
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]

Hate? Come on buddy, if it's so bad how did i turn out so good? I am responsible, practice a lot, read a lot, and i work hard. And I smoke as much as anyone i know. I can totally understand how you would not do it, and not want it to be around your kids (if you had any) or in your car/house. Not only do i understand those things, but they make perfect sense to me, it's illegal and could get you in a shit load of trouble. But why hate?

And obviously bro, I am not trying to pick a fight with you. I value your opinions highly, just wanna hear motivation behind the hate.

might have something to do with the blacks...

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Oct 3,2008 11:08am
Conservationist said[orig][quote]
Most people hate the average dope smoker, and see dope as the reason..

You're from Texas right?
This is primarily a Mass. board. It ain't like that here.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 3,2008 11:08am
that is a wonderful idea, as a matter of fact i am already working on one with opiates in it. It will have poppy pods added to the secondary fermentation. But with THC..... hmmmmm... you probably could. You would just need to find the lightest oil possible and use some of it in the *beer*, for the thc to disolve in.

Probably in the form of keefe, it actually makes more sense to do a *mead* with thc. Because you need something that isn't carbonated, so that you can shake it before you bottle/drink. Otherwise the oil would either sit on bottom or top (depending on how heavy an oil it is)

toggletoggle post by sigh at Oct 3,2008 11:08am
Supposedly over 70% of registered voters already support this so it's probably going to pass by a landslide.

Hopefully...

toggletoggle post by aril at Oct 3,2008 11:09am
To back up Conservationist's statement, I must say that Gandalf and Merry and Pippin love smoking their pipe weed.
I think, at least in the movie, it was a subtle hint at marijuana, given the way they acted very giddy while discovering it and how they got when they smoked.
Gandalf on the other hand, well, he'd smoke it while he was thinking. He was using his pipeweed to stimulate his introspective abilities.
JRR Tolkien was an avid smoker of tobacco, but I always wondered if Peter Jackson and crew alluded to marijuana use in the movies.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 3,2008 11:11am
Conservationist said[orig][quote]
Most people hate the average dope smoker, and see dope as the reason.

We should investigate the possibility that weak people, in addition to normal people, are drawn to drugs. Weak people seek drugs to have an excuse for being total losers.

Normal people... well, some people like to get high.

Remember, ouchdrummer, you're not the typical weedsmoker. There's always an elite, even among stoners.

Nice. A complement from you sir is greatly appreciated. Your still nuts...... but so am I.

toggletoggle post by aril at Oct 3,2008 11:11am
I guess to make any sense of how I'm backing up Conservationist's statement, I must say that I meant Gandalf is elite. And he smokes weed.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Oct 3,2008 11:12am
Marinol + beer/booze = most horrifying coma-like blackout of my life, Aril. Sounds like a right good time indeed but I can assure you... Bad touch. Perhaps even the fabled "red touch".

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 3,2008 11:12am
If i were a hobbit, i would be all over that pipe weed. And all those nice little hobbit girl rumps. Rarrrrrr.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 3,2008 11:15am
marinol sucks. Just for the record. I traded the real thing for it once from a cancer patient who just liked real stuff better. After i had to take fucking 9 of things, i understood why. They aren't really for getting high, they're for helpin the lack of appetite that chemo causes.

Now, i am not saying I wouldn't take any if offered to me. But let me assure any avid potsmokers out there, real bud is better. Bottom line.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 3,2008 11:16am
damn, just when there's a thread about weed i gotta go into a meeting with a client. hmmm.... all this talk about week, maybe i will go blaze before i try to sell someone on a document coding project. Oh yeah, goin now.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Oct 3,2008 11:23am
You are a great and mighty man, Ouch. Gotta say I enjoyed the fuck out of the marinol I took without the booze. Had me a REALLY strong and long-lasting high that at the time was above the quality of what my regular smoking did for me. But that was also a long time ago - when a mere bong rip of BC beasters would send me to the moon and long before my present top-shelf predilictions.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 3,2008 12:39pm
I remember when BC was enough. Those were the days. The worst part of beaster was always when you got it, and didn't have a grinder handy. You had to do everything short of stomping on it to break it up. It wasn't until a couple years into my "BC career" that i figured out that some merch, (with seeds) that is grown well is actually BETTER than BC. Swear on it. It's a matter of "BC" being grown with chems to make it grow in a much more compact place, which makes the foliage not be able to get the light it needs for photosynthesis, resulting in them adding chem supplements to give it those nutrients for that wonderful process. Chems are bad. Atleast in my weed they are.**

**that's why i don't like most of the "haze" strains that go around a lot in the ghetto (or at least what boston has that could be called a ghetto-dorchester/mattapan) cause they are all decent middies, not quite headies, that are grown in basements in mattapan, and have HEAVY amounts of chems to make them have that o-so-unnatural floral flavor. And that narcotic buzz. Now i've had the real thing too, and there is a BIG difference. You can tell the chemi haze by trying to pull the bud apart, if it haze that un-naturally floral scent, and breaks apart like pieces of leather, and gives you a great high, with a lingering headache after, you smokin chems kid.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 3,2008 12:42pm
aril said[orig][quote]
To back up Conservationist's statement, I must say that Gandalf and Merry and Pippin love smoking their pipe weed.
I think, at least in the movie, it was a subtle hint at marijuana, given the way they acted very giddy while discovering it and how they got when they smoked.
Gandalf on the other hand, well, he'd smoke it while he was thinking. He was using his pipeweed to stimulate his introspective abilities.
JRR Tolkien was an avid smoker of tobacco, but I always wondered if Peter Jackson and crew alluded to marijuana use in the movies.

i agree. and when Saruman says "your love for the halflings leaf has slowed your mind".

toggletoggle post by Niccolai is wicked pissed at Oct 3,2008 12:47pm
Weed should only be decriminalized if the Government allows farms in the US to produce pot and taxes it accordingly.

untaxed, cartel-smuggled contraband needs to be illegal no matter how harmless it is to any one individual.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Oct 3,2008 12:53pm
Peter Jackson smokes some ill shit, I'd wager.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 3,2008 1:11pm
Brain Dead, Meet the Feebles and Bad Taste didn't come from a clean and sober mind.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 3:11pm
JIM MY BROTHER.....
my hatred for weed is based on a few things.
1. the mindset of those who are into the annoying sub culture (hemp clothing, high times magazine, celebrating april 20'th as a holiday, etc)

2.the people who suck when they get stoned....maybe most people are cool when baked, but i have known many who get stoned and become extremely violent (usually ghetto kids, whiggers, etc), and as a result, people i know have been beaten/jumped (in one case almost killed)

3.while the whole "gateway drug" thing is not true all the time, it is true for roughly 20 percent of pot smokers....my brother happens to be one of them.

also, i hate the smell, i don't know how people can call weed sweet....to me, it smells like someone set a skunks asshole on fire inside Anna Nicole Smith's rotting vagina.

plus what Conservationist said

Aril....that weed beer thing actually is possible, by using weed as a hop (marijuana and hops are the same plant family)

there's actually one out there that is brewed every year and gets quietly circulated around homebrew festivals/competitions.... i think it's called "Brain Damage" or some shit like that....

they say the process of the thc being extracted from the "dry hops" (weed) in the fermentor while the yeast is working has a chemical reaction with the wort as it turns to beer that makes the end result a semi-euphoric effect

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 3,2008 3:15pm
Already planned on it.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Oct 3,2008 3:15pm
i don't smoke weed, but there is no reason at all to put people in jail over a small amount of it.

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Oct 3,2008 3:18pm
yea, imagine what it would do for our economy if it were legalized ta a federal level, taxed, and made a legit industry

now THATS a bailout plan

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 3:23pm
mOe said[orig][quote]
yea, imagine what it would do for our economy if it were legalized ta a federal level, taxed, and made a legit industry

now THATS a bailout plan

as much as i hate the stuff, i can agree...
i think weed AND prostitution should be legalized, regulated, and highly taxed.

value of the dollar goes way up
sex crime rate goes down

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 3:25pm
mOe said[orig][quote]
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]

might have something to do with the blacks...

moe....i don't know if that wasn't meant to be a joke or not, but to set the record straight, i have a very chris rock like view on blacks....
there are black people, and niggers
i hate the latter

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Oct 3,2008 3:26pm
well of course the crame rate is gonna go down if it's not a crime anymore. that's like disguising damaging figures from the gnp so it looks better than what it is. $700 billion bailout out of nowhere what now?

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Oct 3,2008 3:26pm
hey man, if you're racist thats cool with me bro...but chill out mmkay

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Oct 3,2008 3:27pm
and of course that was a joke

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 3:30pm
sacreligion said[orig][quote]
well of course the crame rate is gonna go down if it's not a crime anymore. that's like disguising damaging figures from the gnp so it looks better than what it is. $700 billion bailout out of nowhere what now?

i said SEX CRIME rate would go down.
because not only would prostitution being legal get rid of the ridiculous amount of people who go to jail over buying sex (it's like george carlin said, selling is legal, fucking is legal, why isn't selling fucking legal??)
but also, i believe a good 40 to 60 percent of sex offenders, only become sex offenders because they can't get laid..... if buying pussy becomes legal, and helps the economy, a potential sex criminal, turns into an upstanding member of the community, helping a pretty young woman keep her job, and stimulating the economy.....and himself.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 3:31pm
mOe said[orig][quote]
hey man, if you're racist thats cool with me bro...but chill out mmkay

no, i'm not racist man.

did you ever see that bit? chris rock talking about the difference...

i agree with his views on that.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 3,2008 3:33pm
i can understand why most illegal things are illegal, and by "understand" i don't mean agree, but the one thing i can't grasp is why prostitution is illegal.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 3:34pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i can understand why most illegal things are illegal, and by "understand" i don't mean agree, but the one thing i can't grasp is why prostitution is illegal.

seriously....talk about some puritan/christian bullshit that should be a long forgotten blue book law

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Oct 3,2008 3:41pm
Between all the christian faggots who think prostitution is immoral and against God, and all the feminist ugly cunts who think prostition is the equivilant of rape, I really don't see it being legalized anytime soon.

Funny thing is, if you've ever been somewhere where it IS legal, the whores are much much better looking. When I went to the Reeperbahn in Hamburg I couldn't believe how fucking hot some of the whores were. I'm talking Baywatch quality. Chicks that would cost a few grand over here can be had for $100 over there.

toggletoggle post by sigh at Oct 3,2008 3:43pm

i have known many who get stoned and become extremely violent (usually ghetto kids, whiggers, etc)

Sorry but I just don't see this happening because of weed. Weed makes you less likely to start fights. Alcohol is more likely to increase violence. Wiggers and ghetto kids suck in general. Don't blame weed for their stupidity.

sucks about your friends that got jumped.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 3:43pm
nice.
sounds like a good spot to travel to

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 3:49pm
sigh said[orig][quote]

i have known many who get stoned and become extremely violent (usually ghetto kids, whiggers, etc)

Sorry but I just don't see this happening because of weed. Weed makes you less likely to start fights. Alcohol is more likely to increase violence. Wiggers and ghetto kids suck in general. Don't blame weed for their stupidity.

sucks about your friends that got jumped.

incorrect sir, it's not just a 2 sided thing....many shades of gray....what you do not realise is that everything, effects everyone differently.

and with some people, pot just enhances their personality....meaning, if you are a calm dude, it will make you more relaxed, but it can make violent pricks more violent.

i know people who get sleepy from caffiene and hyper from downers
i know people who get violent from pot and mellow when drunk
i know people who can sleep on coke and acid

however, i do fully agree with you that wiggers and ghetto kids suck

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 3:52pm
one example by the way....i don't get violent when drunk, unless i am absolutely, overindulgently, blackout drunk (i only get that drunk once every year or two) to the point where it doesn't matter if i am violent, because i can't stand up

my friend donald had to give up weed because it made him hyperspastic and angry.
and he is normally a very calm, very good natured person.

different things react differently to different people

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 3:52pm
or rather different people react differently to different things (substances to be specific)

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Oct 3,2008 3:54pm edited Oct 3,2008 3:55pm
People who get vilolent from weed (or have the opposite reaction you are supposed to have from any drug) almost always have some sort of chemical imbalance and need to be on meds.
Everyone I know who gets hyper on dope and mellow on coke was already messed up in the head anyways.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 3:56pm
yeah.....well, i always assume that most wiggers have a chemical imbalnce.

but that doesn't take anything away from the fact that it's one of the reasons i hate weed

toggletoggle post by darkwor at Oct 3,2008 3:56pm
JIM MY BROTHER.....
1. the mindset of those who are into the annoying sub culture (hemp clothing, high times magazine, celebrating april 20'th as a holiday, etc)

2.the people who suck when they get stoned....maybe most people are cool when baked, but i have known many who get stoned and become extremely violent (usually ghetto kids, whiggers, etc), and as a result, people i know have been beaten/jumped (in one case almost killed)

3.while the whole "gateway drug" thing is not true all the time, it is true for roughly 20 percent of pot smokers....my brother happens to be one of them.

also, i hate the smell, i don't know how people can call weed sweet....to me, it smells like someone set a skunks asshole on fire inside Anna Nicole Smith's rotting vagina.

the subculture is fucking lame. while hemp is one of the most useful and versatile plants in the world, for some reason, in my head, hemp-wearing weed poster burnouts are in the same category as juggaloz.

and violent people will be violent anyway, high or not. it's only when they become violent over weed that's a problem. although decriminalizing it will stop people from fighting over weed, i think. i'm not violent without reason and even less violent when i smoke

i can see how it would be a gateway drug, easy to give into temptations to try other things after you start smoking weed, because you see how harmless it is. it hasn't changed me in that aspect, and i never buy weed from anyone that sells other drugs (unless i know them well). again, the gateway drug theory will be weakened if it is decriminalized.

and the smell, well i guess you can only appreciate it if you smoke it. there are people out there who can't stand the taste of a good beer, orgy. can you imagine that? fucking scary!!

toggletoggle post by sigh at Oct 3,2008 4:00pm
So how do you explain 60's hippies becoming such advocates for peace and love while the majority of them if not all were smoking weed? Granted they were doing much more than that but still...?

While I agree that everyone can react to something differently. Weed generally chills people out. An increase in crime or violence as a result of weed is more likely because it is considered illegal and thus involves individuals of a more "sketchy" nature. These individuals may not have an issue with jumping someone or even killing.

toggletoggle post by slymo  at Oct 3,2008 4:01pm
aril said[orig][quote]
you need to brew a beer with THC in it, if possible.

it should be possible as long as you have a heating process

toggletoggle post by aril at Oct 3,2008 4:02pm
Every one of those statements has its exceptions.
I think it's a pointless argument if you think weed causes more violent outbreaks than alcohol. The general outlook on pot (at LEAST 2/3 of people who smoke) is that it calms them down, relieves stress and does not increase violence. It impairs the judgement on certain people, but for those who have little to no judgement to begin with, it will make them even more idiotic.
Point being - wiggers and ghetto kids suck and have no judgement, therein creating the problem.
For those of us who have morals, standards, and judgement, weed will relax you, and will relieve stress. There's a difference between your average uneducated ghetto kid scumbag who smokes weed to just pass time, and your pot user who has moral judgements, has a steady job, and contributes to society.
I think there's a huge difference between the two.
Pot, although mind-altering, is no where as close to being as dangerous as alcohol is. The question should not be whether or not pot causes people to be violent, but why degenerate scum are attracted to it. Their actions are based off of their judgements and morals, or lack thereof. Them being high doesn't make them violent, it just makes their little-to-no judgemental values disappear, if any.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 4:05pm
darkwor said[orig][quote]
JIM MY BROTHER.....

the subculture is fucking lame. while hemp is one of the most useful and versatile plants in the world, for some reason, in my head, hemp-wearing weed poster burnouts are in the same category as juggaloz.

and violent people will be violent anyway, high or not. it's only when they become violent over weed that's a problem. although decriminalizing it will stop people from fighting over weed, i think. i'm not violent without reason and even less violent when i smoke

i can see how it would be a gateway drug, easy to give into temptations to try other things after you start smoking weed, because you see how harmless it is. it hasn't changed me in that aspect, and i never buy weed from anyone that sells other drugs (unless i know them well). again, the gateway drug theory will be weakened if it is decriminalized.

and the smell, well i guess you can only appreciate it if you smoke it. there are people out there who can't stand the taste of a good beer, orgy. can you imagine that? fucking scary!!

i agree with you about the hemp thing.
i seriously do know people who are made violent by pot (even if - like josh said - it has to do with a chemical imbalance)
people who fight over weed is also a common thing (that's something i didn't even think to bring up before)
the gateway thing is certainly not true of all potheads, but like i said, it can happen, and it sucks when it does.

and i know, me hating the smell is a matter of personal taste....that's why i listed it in "reasons why i hate it"
i still back decriminalization bro.

and i really am baffled by peoples taste (or lack thereof) when it comes to those who try a beer like St. Bernardus, Chimay Red, or Mephistopheles and hate it.

but once again, all a matter of personal choice/taste

toggletoggle post by sigh at Oct 3,2008 4:09pm
aril said[orig][quote]
The question should not be whether or not pot causes people to be violent, but why degenerate scum are attracted to it.

It probably has to do with their ghetto culture romanticizing it into something cool for them. Like handgun violence, cop killin, slappin hoes and drinkin 40s.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 4:09pm
sigh said[orig][quote]
So how do you explain 60's hippies becoming such advocates for peace and love while the majority of them if not all were smoking weed? Granted they were doing much more than that but still...?

While I agree that everyone can react to something differently. Weed generally chills people out. An increase in crime or violence as a result of weed is more likely because it is considered illegal and thus involves individuals of a more "sketchy" nature. These individuals may not have an issue with jumping someone or even killing.

ahem....charles manson was a hippie....
anyway

like i said, maybe it's a chemical imbalance thing.
but it still happens
more than most people think

i'm not saying you are 100 percent wrong, i'm just saying you're not totally correct

toggletoggle post by aril at Oct 3,2008 4:11pm
There should be no argument.

Anything that affects your mind can contribute to anything that person does.

But, that being said, the huge majority of people who smoke are not violent.
It doesn't even compare to the alcohol ratio.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 4:13pm
aril....calm down.....i never said pot causes as much violence as booze.
but it can cause violence.

and i wouldn't say that alcohol is always more dangerous.
that resin, that you find in bowls and bongs.....that's tar....causes cancer, just like ciggarettes.

if you smoke three or more joints/blunts/bowlpacks/whatever a day (like many potheads do)
you are in far more danger than someone who enjoys brewing beer, while drinking their most recently bottle batch on the weekends

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 4:14pm
and either way, it wasn't meant to be an arguement....that's what everyone turned it into, i was just stating MY personal OPINIONS on why i hate pot.

wasn't preaching
wasn't saying anyone else should hate it.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 4:16pm
it's all about moderation
i have no problem with someone who enjoys beer/booze
i have no problem with someone who enjoys weed

it's drunks and potheads that worry me

the constant overindulgers cause the trouble

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 4:17pm
and yes i realise that i am a retard for saying anything about the health risks of anything when i drink on the weekends, smoke ciggarettes, and am a fat piece of shit

toggletoggle post by aril at Oct 3,2008 4:18pm
I CANT CALM DOWN
YOU MADE ME SO MAD

just kidding, i'm fine haha.
Anyway, there's been no proven tie between marijuana and lung cancer.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 4:20pm
i know there is no proven tie....it's more a matter of common sense....any and all smoke inhalation is bad
be it pot, crack, tobacco, or exhaust

toggletoggle post by aril at Oct 3,2008 4:21pm
I smoke exhaust on a daily basis. That shit makes me so violent. haha

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 3,2008 4:28pm
-l- 666 -l-
smoking your car is metal
hah!

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 3,2008 4:51pm
aril....calm down.....i never said pot causes as much violence as booze.
but it can cause violence.

and i wouldn't say that alcohol is always more dangerous.
that resin, that you find in bowls and bongs.....that's tar....causes cancer, just like ciggarettes.

if you smoke three or more joints/blunts/bowlpacks/whatever a day (like many potheads do)
you are in far more danger than someone who enjoys brewing beer, while drinking their most recently bottle batch on the weekends

Now, this is probably the one misconception that people have that is very very hard for them to get. Because the mainstream media has been pushing a lie for so long.

Weed/Resin from weed ------- does....not....cause....cancer.

It's not carcinogenic. There have actually been recent studies proving that certain cannabinoids actually, get this, SLOW the spread of cancer. They don't cure it, and it's not so drastic as to make someone with lung cancer live a normal full life again, but it does slow down process. The specific tar (resin) that forms in your lungs from weed is not carcinogenic.

Now that's not to say that it cannot cause breathing problems, maybe even emphysema or bronchitis in someone who habitually smokes. Which obviously aren't good times. But alas, no cancer.

while i usaully wouldn't do a cut and paste of this magnetude, i would like everyone to see some of the things that cannibinoids do for us, and about the natural ones created in our body.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 3,2008 4:51pm
Cannabinoids: The active compounds in marijuana

While the use of cannabis (marijuana) goes back many thousands of years, the brain chemistry that makes this herb so intriguing to humanity is just beginning to be understood. The special active compounds in cannabis are referred to collectively as "cannabinoids."

For more information, read Hemp for Health by Chris Conrad

Conducting Scientific Research on Cannabinoids
Interviews with Dr. Robert Melamede Ph.D. (starting Nov. 2001)

Dr. Robert J. Melamede Ph.D.
Chairman of the Biology Department of the University of Colorado
Phone 719-262-3135
The Cannabinoid System has been around for over 600 million years. Before the Dinosaurs. The Cannabinoid System is continuously evolutioning and has been retained by all new species. Food and feeding is at the heart of the Cannabinoid System.

1. Cannabinoids are in every living animal on the planet above Hydra and Mollusks, with the exception of insects. Bodies are homeostatically maintained by the Cannabinoid System.

2. Mothers give their babies a booster shot of cannabinoids in mothers milk to give them the munchies because they have to learn to eat. (they've been fed thru the umbilical cord and did not have to know how to eat.)

3. Mice lacking the CB1 receptors don't like any changes. If they are moved to another part of the cage they act upset and when they are put back to the original spot in the cage they relax, but if then put into another part of the cage they get upset again. Comment: I wonder if people, especially drug warriors, had their CB1 receptors blocked then they would resist change and the ones of us that have unblocked CB1 receptors enjoy the benefits of cannabinoids are a lot more relaxed and not paranoid about or over change. Interesting thought. It turns out that that thought is absolutely correct. Many people' brains are not capable of a good connection to the CB1 CB2 receptors.

4. All new species utilize cannabinoids.

5. By being alive and breathing air our bodies produce "free radicals". Cannabinoids help to reverse this action.

6. Cannabinoids do kill brain cells, but the brain cells they kill are called "Glieoma" or Cancer of the brain(Tumor). All other brain cells are protected and healed by cannabinoids. (Glieoma cells cannot tolerate the action of cannabinoids)

7. Cannabinoids protect against sunburn and skin cancer because of the CB1 receptors in our skin.

8. Cannabinoids slow down the aging process. Mice that their brains respond to cannabinoids live longer and mice that have brains that block the CB1 receptors die younger.

9. Activity in the evolutionary advanced areas of the brain is increased in cannabinoids receptors and promotes higher consciousness levels.

10. Cannabinoids are even found in the white blood cells (CB2 receptors). The CB2 receptors are found predominantly on immunological cells and regulate the shift in the immune system to the anti-inflammatory mode.

11. Cannabinoids protect the heart against Arythmia.

12. The way it works on pain is there is specific nerves that deal with pain. They are called vanilloid-Receptors. Anandamide(sanscript word for "Blissful Amide"), the bodies internally produced marijuana binds with the nerve endings, reducing pain. Anandamides are produced internally by our bodies in response to a whole variety of conditions. As an example, Aspirin prevents the breakdown of Anandamide, the internally produced marijuana to activate & start working at easing pain. How many old lady's say they "WOULD NEVER" use marijuana & are actually using the equivalent of marijuana that their bodies produce as a natural activity, & don't even realize it. And how many politicians and citizens of the US do this also & aren't even aware they are condemning something that their bodies make naturally. Anecdotal evidence is valid because when a person smokes marijuana & it relieves their pain, then they smoke it again & it relieves their pain again it becomes a fact known only to that person, but nonetheless true.

13. In the case of most autoimmune diseases, the bodies immune cells produces free radicals & is destroying it's own body as a foreign object. Cannabis pushes the immune system into anti inflammatory mode & helps slow the progression of that disease, thereby slowing down the aging process.

14. Seizures are controlled by marijuana not only THC, but non-psychoactive cannabidiol.(CBD) The exact mechanism is not known, however HEMP is high in CBD's & can cancel out the psychoactive high of THC & at the same time benefits the user or smoker. Cannabinoids control everything in our bodies including our minds.

15. There are many other things that Cannabinoids do in the body, besides attaching to the CB1 and CB2 receptors, the main cannabinoid receptors in the higher part of our brain. Cannabinoids affect our skin and other parts of our bodies.

16. Pharmaceutical companies are working at sythesizing different cannabinoid components and different types of strains of marijuana. If they can succeed, then there will be more choices for you and I to choose from and we will be able to use what works best for our particular bodies.

17. The natural course for mankind, because of the location of our CB1 CB2 the brains main receptors, is to be more stoned.

18. Drug warriors are not doing what they are doing to us because they are intentionally evil, but because they are more primitive(obtuse comes to mind). They look at the world with fear and hostility not cooperativity and understanding.

19. According to a brain function study of 150 depressed people Cannabis protects the brain against healthy cell death and it also protects Neurons.

20. Cannabinoids dilate our brochial tubes and help asthsma sufferers to breath both in and out. Because of the balance that is maintained in our bodies for good health there are instances where it works backwards, where death is possible, if too much is smoked. This goes back to the effects of cannabinoids on individuals and if it doesn't work for you, you should not use it. There was some old studies that were done back in 1977 where "AEROSOLIZED THC" was used on patients. This is not what the government tells us when they say it's not medicine, but we are all familiar with the 7 government patients that are supplied marijuana to be used as medicine and we know the government is lying.

21. Natural pain eradication by cannabinol used by our receptors.

22. Cannabinoids control how we view the future. If you're loaded with bad experiences you're going to be fearful of the future. Lots of smoking of cannabinoids makes you want to be in the future. Lack of change vs embracing the future and changes. Conservative people might die prematurely, stressed, uptight and fearful (genocide). Open minded people and mice are able to change, whereas; people with defective receptors and knock-out mice (mice that have had their receptors removed) will keep going to the platform after it has been removed. They will be fearful of change.

23. Cannabinoids prevent and treat certain types of Cancer. Glieoma (Brain Cancer) along with pheochromocytoma, skin cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, Lymphoma and Leukemia. Cannabinoids may prevent or cure cancer. Cannabinoids have a way of killing the bad cells and protecting the good ones.

24. Cannabis gives relief to Liver Disease & constant uncontrollable itching. Also, lack of sleep and depression and has been doing so for 600 million years.

25. THC in low doses relieves anxiety, while huge doses promote anxiety. (It's too strong like Marinol) Smoking marijuana relieves anxiety. Marijuana promotes sleeping better and normal persons when they are deprived of marijuana would have difficulty sleeping. (One other thing I'd like to add: When ingested, delta 9 THC, on the first pass thru the liver, changes into delta 11 THC. Five times as psychoactive and much longer lasting. I don't know how many people understand that. Ralph)

26. Cannabis protects nerve cells from dying thus protects against Altzheimers Disease.

27. Our bodies make up marijuana like compounds to make us hungry. (gives us the munchies) Then turn off those compounds & we don't have the munchies anymore when it has had enough food. The cannabinoid system first appeared 600 million years ago. Food & feeding is at the heart of evolution & the development of new species.

28. Head injuries cause the body to produce Endo-cannabinoids to protect itself as well as protecting the body against Nerve Gas. Marijuana turns on the bodies Protective Mode, because when you're hungry the body makes Cannabinoids to turn on your hunger. Cannabinoids turn on the expression of a Particular Gene (at the same time it prevents the expression of other Genes). How the Marijuana Receptors change the Integral Bio-Chemistry. Some of the Molecules that are involved or been studied in a Model Organism. There is a worm that people study alot. They have very simple Nervous Systems so you can define what exactly is going on. It turns out this one Particular Molecule regulates what is known as a Transcription Factor (It turns on the Expression of Genes.) It turns out that when you turn on the Expression of this Particular Gene of the Worm Model it actually promotes Mimicking a condition that actually Promotes Longevity of these worms. This Parallels what we've seen in mice. Because Marijuana exhibits Free Radicals so people who've been using Cannabis, Long Term, tend to Live Longer & Look Younger. Marijuana Promotes your Health by affecting your Nerve Cells, by Balancing your Immune System, by Reducing Fat Deposition in your Cardio-Vascular System. It looks as if it helps Burn the Synthesis of things like Cholesterol.

29. New research shows that the argument over outlawing cannabis because it "Causes Cancer" is no longer valid. There are Nicotine Receptors in your throat. There are no Cannabinoid Receptors in your throat. Cells have a Bio-chemical Program known as "APOPTOSIS". This Bio-chemical Program is activated when cells too damaged to repair themselves commit suicide. There is a Bio-chemical Pathway that controls that. Nicotine activates a path that protects the cells from dying. Smoking anything puts Carcinogens into your Air Passage-ways and Cardio-Vascular system. Cells that get damaged by smoke die and that's what you want to happen. Cells to die before they become Cancer Cells.

30. Cannabinoids modulate pain peripherally. In our bodies there are special kinds of pain receptors, known as Vanaloid receptors & they are sensitive to things like heat & excessive pressure & they are responsible for pain. It turns out that a natural regulator of that that down-regulates pain. The endocannabinoid known as Anandamide, the blissful amide, when you combine Sanskrit for ananda & amide for the chemical type. It's clearly known that cannabis can regulate pain, that's been done in numerous studies, but recently , as we learn more about the molecular mechanisms of pain & cannabinoid action what we have now learned is that there is a lot of crosstalk between the cannabinoid system & the morphine, the opioid system. The name of an article that just came out is called Chronic morphine modulates the contents of the endocannabinoid tuorachidonalglycerol in the rat brain. So, tuorachidonalglycerol is another endocannabinoid. We feel pain thru the sensory nerves that are telling us that we're in a painful situation & on the other hand we feel it within our minds because certain areas of our brain subsequently get tickled. What we are seeing now is that the cannabinoid system works both peripherally & centrally & what we are gonna talk about here is this new work that links the cannabinoids more with the opioids in that opioids & cannabinoids are among the most widely consumed drugs of abuse in humans & phenomena of cross-tolerations or mutual potentiation demonstrated between these two drugs. Some of the recent work on pain has come out of England as a result of work done by G.W. Pharmaceuticals which is a company that specializes in producing cannabis plants. They've developed different strains that have different ratios of the cannabinoids & those different plants have different properties. In the past I've mentioned Bi-Polar disorder. Some people who are Bi-Polar & are depressive find Sativa's are good to help elevate them & if they're in an elevated mood & in a manic state they have to be brought down alittle & the Indica's seem to be better for that & likewise they're different ratio's of these cannabinoids that are thought to benefit for example pain, more than others, that are thought to benefit auto-immune diseases. This is being worked out, but what I'd like to go into now is that some of the new links that seem to be occurring in this particular study that I just mentioned, what they are finding is that chronic administration of Opioids is in fact down-regulating the tuorachidonalglycerol which as mentioned, is one of the endo-cannabinoids. Interestingly the Anandamide level seem to be remaining the same, but this other one, tuorachidonalglycerol seems to be down-regulated. In knock-out mice, these are mice where a particular gene is missing, it turns out that you can eliminate alot of the withdrawal systems associated with opium if you have knocked out the receptors. When people go thru withdrawal, they get terribly nauseous & feel horribly sick, well, what we do know cannabinoids control nausea. That's why it's being used by people who are receiving Chemo-therapy or disorders where they are chronically nauseous. Cannabinoids can be very effective for that. So what we are seeing is that morphine turns down the Endogenous cannabinoid Arachidonic acid & that seems to be involved in some of the addictive behavior & this is kind of interesting because we know that cannabinoids themselves other than very twisted circumstances do not show addictive behavior. On the one hand we have the cannabinoid potentiating the morphine, in that people who need morphine for pain can often use 50% of what they normally use by including cannabinoids & on the other hand, we're seeing that the cannabinoid receptor system is involved in addiction & I mentioned a long time ago, that cannabinoids can be beneficial for some people in their attempt to withdraw & now we're seeing support for that in that chronic morphine administration is turning off one of the cannabinoids that's in turn, turning on some of the withdrawal systems.

31. Cannabinoids represent a general class of chemicals, not just cannabis & THC in plants, but rather also cannabinoids that are produced in our bodies. These happen to be Lipid compounds that result from burning & making fats. The thing that is so unique about this system represents how it works so broadly for various health reasons. That is that every single system in our bodies & by system I mean our nervous system or digestive system or reproductive system or immunological system or endocrine system, you name it & the cannabinoids are involved in maintaining what's known as homostasis balance. We need to have the right amount of these components of this system which includes the compounds like THC which is better known as Lygan. They bind to specific receptors & then they are broken down by another enzyme that breaks down these things. So, we have a whole network of bio-chemistry that's influencing everything in our bodies. The question that arises is that the whole is always greater than the sum of its parts. The system, the cannabinoid system influencing everything in our bodies & the question is what are the nature of the wholes? What are the greater pictures that emerge out of this cannabinoid systems activity. So we see, for example, regulating reproductive system, digestive system, immune system & when they are all working together in a way that is concertedly modulated by the cannabinoid system what can we expect to see, & I would suggest that what's represented by the influences of cannabinoids & cannabis on our mind, in that it opens up our minds to new ways of thinking, it free's us from being stuck in a single track of thinking & that's exactly the kind of thought processes that are required as we move into the future which is generally composed of the unknown. What the cannabinoid system is doing is giving us a way to peacefully & lovingly adapt to change & be open to change. We see in these mice that we can knock-out the cannabinoid system that they are afraid of change. The implications of this are really profound if in fact we have people that are shifted one way or the other in terms of their ability to modulate & accept change that is of profound importance because we see people that are afraid to look forward, happily embracing the future. There are health ramifications for all of this. The cannabinoid system can help us with cardio-vascular disease where it reduces infarctsize with auto-immune diseases where it helps ameliorate & prevent the development of a whole variety of auto-immune diseases including things like arthritis, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, crones disease & it's also involved with, as a natural regulator of our pain. So we have this holistic medicine that's influencing so many things & I forgot to mention that it regulates our memories & mental pains & in fact, regulates alot of life/death decisions in our cells, nerve cells in particular, which is why it's so beneficial for neurological disorders often associated with the aging, such as Alzheimer's disease. What we're seeing is a holistic medicine & again it has to be used appropriately, too little is no good, & we may be making enough. Individuals may be making enough, but there could be many many people who are not making enough or their system is not active enough who will be able to benefit from the use of cannabis & other cannabinoids. To regulate all of the things we've mentioned that it regulates. So, we've got a holistic health program. To find the balance that's required for our optimum health is something that's totally built into the cannabinoid system. Therefore, it should be readily available to use wisely.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 3,2008 4:53pm
again sorry about that real long cut and paste, but i wanted everyone to see!! And please notice, this info was from a study, there are many many more like it by real certifiable doctors.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 3,2008 4:54pm
no ones read all that yet huh?

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Oct 3,2008 5:28pm
If you think you're helping yourself by inhaling smoke, more power to you.

It still smells like a skunk's ass.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 3,2008 5:32pm
well your bass playing smells like a skunks ass.. i would love to say it sounds that bad too... BUT I NEVER HEAR IT!! ahahahahahahahaha

jk, I <3 U

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Oct 3,2008 5:51pm
You should add to that list above

32. Long-term Cannabis use allows you to make witty and striking comebacks!

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 3,2008 5:54pm
ya know, it's strange. I tell jokes all the time, and it's almost like people just don't get them or something. Maybe my humor is too mature for them.

toggletoggle post by timma at Oct 3,2008 6:08pm
...when in Rome...

toggletoggle post by orgymfnotatworknotloggedin at Oct 5,2008 1:55pm
jim....
1.i hate weed, so that is wayyyyy to much for me to give a shit about reading

2.what happened yesterday???

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][3:28:31am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.06444 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]