Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Aaron Rogers by xmikex on Sep 8,2008 9:55pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 8,2008 9:55pm
looks a lot better in week 1 right now than Brett Favre. TAKE THAT.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 8,2008 10:21pm
good trade for football

toggletoggle post by monster_island  at Sep 8,2008 10:36pm
favre = 194 yards 2 tds ... rogers 178 yards 1 td

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 8,2008 11:03pm
favre vs miami
rodgers vs minn

toggletoggle post by monster_island  at Sep 8,2008 11:21pm
both division rivals = always tough games

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 9,2008 12:05am
monster_island said[orig][quote]

Don't let the numbers fool you. Favre's 2nd TD pass was pure luck. Rogers commanded that offense against a far superior defense then the Jets.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Sep 9,2008 5:22am
Rogers looked great! I watched almost the whole game and he looked really confident in the pocket and definitely had a hold on the Vike's defense.

Rogers is going to be huge this season.

toggletoggle post by monster_island  at Sep 9,2008 8:24am
xmikex said[orig][quote]
monster_island said[orig][quote]

Don't let the numbers fool you. Favre's 2nd TD pass was pure luck. Rogers commanded that offense against a far superior defense then the Jets.

Rogers has far more superior WR corps , RB and OL ... Favre has who Cotchery? and ?? ... a good OL on paper

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 9,2008 8:38am
on paper, on paper, on paper

I keep hearing a lot about how great the Jets are on paper. Does this paper tell how their offense couldn't stave off the Miami Dolphins defense and stay on the field long enough to secure a game against the worst team in the league?

toggletoggle post by cav nli at Sep 9,2008 8:41am
dont forget that rodgers had a rushing touchdown as well. played a MUCH better defense. packers looked solid after the first quarter. at first i thought the vikings were gonna kill em.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 9,2008 8:46am edited Sep 9,2008 8:46am
Rogers brought home a well orchestrated win against a tough division rival. Favre threw a lucky toss for a touchdown to beat a team that was 1-15 last season.

I'm not a gigantic Aaron Rogers fan, I'm just pulling for the guy so I hopefully won't have to hear Favre comparisons and speculation about what would have happened if the Pack had signed him for another 400 years every goddamn Sunday.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Sep 9,2008 10:36am
Mike, you're hilarious, haha.

I'm pulling for Rogers because I think he deserves his shot. The dude has had to sit on the bench for 4 years and be involved in a useless quarterback drama with Favre. I hope the Packers bury everyone and the Jets go 4-12.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 9,2008 10:53am
I will give the Packers the highest compliment I can give an NFC team: I hope they lose to the Patriots in the Superbowl.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Sep 9,2008 11:26am
Rodgers would've done even better if his o-line didn't have 500 penalties.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 9,2008 12:09pm
Tell me about it. Donald Driver had a 70 yard touchdown taken away from him on an ineligible receiver penalty on some bonehead guard.

And guess who's fantasy roster Donald Driver is on....

toggletoggle post by monster_island  at Sep 9,2008 12:12pm
the Pack made the right pick in letting Favre go ... Rogers is the man in GB ... it tough to compare Rogers and the powerhouse packer team vs. Minn. to Favre and the jets against the dolphins ... but then again we dont want to hear comparisons ...

the packers may get the chance to face the patriots next year when NE gets Brady back under center

toggletoggle post by sacreligionnli at Sep 9,2008 12:12pm
that name sounds totally made up

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Sep 9,2008 12:25pm
It seemed as though Kornheiser said Favre every 5 seconds last night. I thought it was funny that even Jaworski was telling him to let it go.

toggletoggle post by MEH at Sep 10,2008 12:28am
Mike do u really think the Pats have a chance now? I don't think so. They struggled against Kansas City. Maybe next year but def. not this year. They need the lil bitch, haha I mean Brady sorry.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 10,2008 9:15am
I don't feel like they did struggle against KC. They held Larry Johnson to just over 3 yards per carry. The Pats running game moved the ball well. Cassel demonstrated some good decision making (something that's been his shortcoming in the past).

The only big play they gave up was James Sanders over reading that deep post, and I'm not entirely worried about that. Sanders is a competent vet and I don't see him making that mistake too many times. The secondary looked sharp as well. Hobbs played great coverage. Harrison had 14 tackles. The pass rush needs to improve, but I think they may have played a little more conservatively with their coverage. Still, Vrabel had 2 sacks, Thomas picked up a sack, Jerod Mayo had 6 solo tackles. Top to bottom this is still a well built team with or without Brady.

toggletoggle post by MEH at Sep 10,2008 11:17am
It was the Chiefs. Don't forget that. Well actually they may have a chance since they do have the easiest schedule this year. I wanna see Favre tear them apart. I'm excited for this weeks game. I'm a Favre fan but ultimately a Packers Fan. I know the Pack will do decent but they'll be better in a couple years. Even though they did beat one of the best defensive teams in the league.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 10,2008 11:44am
The Chiefs drafted well, and had a healthy Larry Johnson. They're a better team then they were last year.

I've got nothing against the Packers, in fact I think they've got a good well rounded team, and I hope Rogers proves all the Favre-mourning Packers fans wrong. I don't care who Favre is, or how many records he holds. The Jets are a gutless organization with no leadership and no infrastructure. I think the Pats defense is going to come out pissed off and give Favre a long day.

Let them elbows fly Wilfork!

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Sep 10,2008 11:58am
Even without Brady and with Favre, the Pats still have a better overall team than the Jets. Granted, they're closer now, but the Pats are still better overall.

toggletoggle post by MEH at Sep 10,2008 12:24pm
Overall the NFL will have closer games this year because the teams are better. There aren't many shitty teams anymore.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 10,2008 4:11pm
Teams are starting to figure out (i.e. take notes on the Patriots from the past 7 years) that balance, team character, scouting, and making acquisitions based on overall value are a lot more important than drafting an unproven but talked up quarterback with the first 5 picks of the draft.

That's why the Chiefs will be competitive again in a few years, Parcells will keep the Dolphins from complete embarrassment this year, and the Raiders will suck infinitely.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Raging Orchestral Phantasm
[default homepage] [print][4:46:32pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01432 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]