New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> retard, retard, retard, retard, retard, retard, retard, retard by ouchdrummer on Aug 13,2008 3:39pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 13,2008 3:39pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/12/shriver.thunder/index.html

Tropic Thunder:
I saw the preview in Kendall a couple weeks ago, and it looked hilarious. Now there are groups of people trying to stop the movie from being shown. They also want everyone to stop saying the R-WORD?? What?!

Really? In this article this gentrified duchebag tries to say that, and i quote:

"Mockery in any form, or for any purpose or directed at anyone, especially those least able to defend themselves, is neither funny nor acceptable."

So he thinks no one should ever make fun of anyone. Wow.... Freedom of speach, unless what your saying bothers someone.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Aug 13,2008 3:42pm
The word "retard" is a vital part of my lexicon.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 13,2008 3:43pm
thats retarded

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Aug 13,2008 3:45pm
"Mockery in any form, or for any purpose or directed at anyone, especially those least able to defend themselves, is neither funny nor acceptable."

sooooooooo misguided. I can understand being upset, it's a primal and natural reaction. But when you threaten freedom of speech, you threaten your own own right to boycott, petition, educate, or even respond with a mockery of your own.

then we open the 'hate speech' can of worms. Open to debate.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Aug 13,2008 3:50pm
fucking retarded.

mechanics use that word all the time. lets ban it.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Aug 13,2008 3:55pm
there's a hilarious scene in 'Being John Malkovich' when some stranger comes up to Malkovich and thanks him for playing a 'retard' in "Of Mice and Men"

toggletoggle post by ORGYMFATWORK at Aug 13,2008 4:00pm
this is what happens......i predicted this after Imus was fired.

this is what happens
Jemelle Hill - who screamed for Imus to be fired (even after he explained that his comment was meant to be an ugly joke and not racial, and apologised) - compared Boston Celtics fans to the Nazi party, and then, when she got suspended, she got angry, and said "i apologised, what else they want??"

fucking hypocryte

there are untalented black men on stage in comedy clubs, making a career out of spewing racial hatred towards white people and saying "it's just a joke"

but then Michael Richards is an "evil man" and a member of the KKK
none of these assholes would admit that he was not racist, but rather just snapping at some hecklers, and "hittin em where it hurts" by screaming "The Dreaded, Evil N-Word"

so now, because the liberals and blacks got away with pretty much ruining the life of anyone who dared to make a black joke or say "The N-Word", they have set a precident (sp?)
now, we are not supposed to say Faggot....it is the "F-Word"
we are not supposed to say Cunt, it is the "C-Word"
and brand new to the line-up, Retard is now the "R-Word"

funny thing about that, retardation is a word that described the slowing down of something......someone who is mentally retarded is mentally slow....calling them a retard is like calling me fat....it's not a slang word, it's the actual fucking word to describe what you are witnessing!!!!

but regardless, people in this country are whining little bitches who get offended way too easily, and we need to stop letting P.C. special interest groups run the country, and scare us out of saying whatever the fuck we want.....or we will be a nation of slaves.

NO MORE BANNING OF ANY WORDS.

if any word in the nglish language offends you, i hope your death is painful, and i hope it occurs soon

toggletoggle post by ORGYMFATWORK at Aug 13,2008 4:03pm
pardon my typos, i guess i'm retarded

toggletoggle post by monster_island  at Aug 13,2008 4:19pm
i love retarded monkey village !!!!

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 13,2008 4:27pm
Yeah, this really pisses me off.

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Aug 13,2008 5:16pm
ORGYMFATWORK said[orig][quote]

this is what happens
Jemelle Hill - who screamed for Imus to be fired (even after he explained that his comment was meant to be an ugly joke and not racial, and apologised) - compared Boston Celtics fans to the Nazi party, and then, when she got suspended, she got angry, and said "i apologised, what else they want??"

fucking hypocryte

there are untalented black men on stage in comedy clubs, making a career out of spewing racial hatred towards white people and saying "it's just a joke"

none of these assholes would admit that he was not racist, but rather just snapping at some hecklers, and "hittin em where it hurts" by screaming "The Dreaded, Evil N-Word"

so now, because the liberals and blacks got away with pretty much ruining the life of anyone who dared to make a black joke or say "The N-Word", they have set a precident (sp?)

funny thing about that, retardation is a word that described the slowing down of something......someone who is mentally retarded is mentally slow....calling them a retard is like calling me fat....it's not a slang word, it's the actual fucking word to describe what you are witnessing!!!!

but regardless, people in this country are whining little bitches who get offended way too easily, and we need to stop letting P.C. special interest groups run the country, and scare us out of saying whatever the fuck we want.....or we will be a nation of slaves.

if any word in the nglish language offends you, i hope your death is painful, and i hope it occurs soon
imagine what will happen if obama gets elected and the liberals finally have the power to act on this shit.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 13,2008 5:35pm
wow

toggletoggle post by joey umbrella at Aug 13,2008 10:57pm
retarded faggot cunts

toggletoggle post by i_am_retarded at Aug 14,2008 2:15am
The problem is they went full retard.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Aug 14,2008 2:34am
just saw this on the news. lol @ their square heads and tiny hands.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Aug 14,2008 7:25am
contagion said[orig][quote]

this is what happens

fucking hypocryte

imagine what will happen if obama gets elected and the liberals finally have the power to act on this shit.

Then you should fear them trying to bring back the fairness doctrine next year like the apocalypse. Only now it would also have parts of it added to control and regulate the internet.

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Aug 14,2008 8:14am
pam said[orig][quote]
just saw this on the news. lol @ their square heads and tiny hands.

I Honestly LAWLED at this...out loud

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 14,2008 8:43am
yeah. I am still having a hard time believing this isnt a joke of some sort. Like a publicity stunt or something... i know its not, but i kinda wish it was.

toggletoggle post by MattBreen at Aug 14,2008 8:48am
These RETARDS protesting the movie must have never watched South Park or the Ringer. RETARDS!!!! But seriously, the Simple Jack part of Tropic Thunder was hilarious lol.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 14,2008 9:11am
yeah, whats next, no making fun of plain old stupid people? No making fun of fat people? No making fun of black people?

toggletoggle post by ORGYMFATWORK at Aug 14,2008 9:22am
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]
yeah, whats next, no making fun of plain old stupid people? No making fun of fat people? No making fun of black people?

haha, i'm pretty sure there's already a "leave the blacks alone" policy

that's why John Kerry got in trouble for saying "tarbaby"

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 14,2008 9:33am
oh yeah.. haha

toggletoggle post by ORGYMFATWORK at Aug 14,2008 10:04am

this is what happens

fucking hypocryte

scary thought

toggletoggle post by NoodleFace at Aug 14,2008 10:54am
I saw the movie last night, I really don't know why they're so up in arms about this.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 14,2008 11:12am
NoodleFace said[orig][quote]
I saw the movie last night, I really don't know why they're so up in arms about this.

Of course you dont know why, because there is no reason to be.

What if i formed the P.O.H.C.S.C. - People Of Horizontally Challanged Stature Coalition, and boycotted Big Momma's house 3 (or 4, or whatever the next one is that that moran is making) because it "Mocks People challenged horizontally" and says the F-word a hundred or so times. FAT FAT FAT GOD DAMNIT. Its about as reasonable as this R-word bullshit.

toggletoggle post by ORGYMFATWORK at Aug 14,2008 12:00pm
HAHA....ouch, you're a fat drummer too? awww, we're practically family, hahahaha

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Aug 14,2008 12:19pm

Liberalism in a nutshell!

We can't direct anything at any group even if it's true, because someone might get upset that life is struggle toward PERFECTION, not toward sitting on one's ass and watching TV.

It's like people who insist we can't mention that African-Americans commit half of the crime in this country, or that people with incomes under $40,000 a year are disproportionately likely to have IQs under 120.

OH NOES!!1!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 14,2008 1:03pm
thats it, if i hear one more asshole call me tall i'm going to start slapping lawsuits. the proper term is "vertically prominent".

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 14,2008 1:04pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
thats it, if i hear one more asshole call me tall i'm going to start slapping lawsuits. the proper term is "vertically prominent".

i thought the proper term was "Stretched out Fat-guy"

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 14,2008 1:14pm
thats- "Stretched out horizontally challenged gentleman, thank you."

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Aug 14,2008 1:28pm
How about "extended human"?

toggletoggle post by NoodleFace at Aug 14,2008 1:46pm
NoodleFace said[orig][quote]

Of course you dont know why, because there is no reason to be.

Well I went into the movie expecting there to be a ton of jokes about it, but really the only jokes were the ones I've already seen in trailers. It was like a 2 minute segment. I mean they keep showing the Simple Jack movie through the film, but I don't know. Just retarded I guess.. oh fuck.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 14,2008 4:24pm
how about r-tard. Is that gonna be banned too? Doesnt really matter, i hate the word r-tard. Why would you have an abbreviated version of a word that has exactely the same amount of sylables?

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Aug 14,2008 4:44pm
What's wrong with "tard"?

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Aug 14,2008 5:14pm
Dankill said[orig][quote]

this is what happens

fucking hypocryte

Then you should fear them trying to bring back the fairness doctrine next year like the apocalypse. Only now it would also have parts of it added to control and regulate the internet.
the fairness doctrine isnt a bad idea, its just a little too broad. i think it would be legitimate if it were only applied to media outlets that claim to be unbiased. there are tons of outlets that are open in regards which side they are on, but when you watch fox news and all that other crap it would be nice to hear the other side of the argument occasionally. i dont think michael moore should be required to argue both sides (he should just be skinned alive) but the mass media needs to get back to facts and stop trying to put so much spin on everything. look at our current presidential election. ithe country is being forced to choose between two candidates whos policy and ability play second fiddle to nicknames and slander. campaign ads are used primarily to demonstrate why you shouldnt elect the other guy and all the media has to talk about are scandals and allegations. im all for objective media but when their only opinion is about photo ops and off the record quotes its like reading us weekly instead of the boston globe. the fairness doctrine would make columnists have to report facts instead of paraphrasing speeches to the point where ever other word has three periods before it. id like to know who im actually voting for and not have to rely on the biased opinion of columnists.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 14,2008 5:44pm
Conservationist said[orig][quote]
What's wrong with "tard"?

nothing at all. Tard is great. Matter of fact, when talking about someone with severe mental deficiencies it will save you an entire syllable of talk time. While saying R-tard doesn't save you any time over retard, and just makes you sound like a child who feels bad about saying derogatory word about ANYONE even if they are true.

By itself though, the word doesnt bother me... I am going to make a thread about a non-word that bothers me more than anything....

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Aug 14,2008 7:18pm
Dankill said[orig][quote]

this is what happens

fucking hypocryte

the fairness doctrine isnt a bad idea, its just a little too broad. i think it would be legitimate if it were only applied to media outlets that claim to be unbiased. there are tons of outlets that are open in regards which side they are on, but when you watch fox news and all that other crap it would be nice to hear the other side of the argument occasionally. i dont think michael moore should be required to argue both sides (he should just be skinned alive) but the mass media needs to get back to facts and stop trying to put so much spin on everything. look at our current presidential election. ithe country is being forced to choose between two candidates whos policy and ability play second fiddle to nicknames and slander. campaign ads are used primarily to demonstrate why you shouldnt elect the other guy and all the media has to talk about are scandals and allegations. im all for objective media but when their only opinion is about photo ops and off the record quotes its like reading us weekly instead of the boston globe. the fairness doctrine would make columnists have to report facts instead of paraphrasing speeches to the point where ever other word has three periods before it. id like to know who im actually voting for and not have to rely on the biased opinion of columnists.

Dude, your idea is basically having the government force networks to tell the truth. In a way, that doesn't work out as well as you'd like to think. Who says they won't abuse that, as opposed to a free press that isn't regulated by the government like China or Russia. Besides, this isn't about news networks or newspapers. This is about forcing radio companies to alter their programming in the name of "fairness" So, for a talk radio station that has mostly conservative talk shows (which most do predominantly) they would have to change to have half of their shows be liberal, regardless ratings or $$ issues. These aren't news shows. They are entertainment/opinion shows, just like the op-ed page of a newspaper. If it was hard news, you MIGHT have a point, but for opinions, it's harder because that can straight up ruin businesses. Case in point, the reason that are hardly any successful liberal talk radio shows is because they mostly sucked, got crap ratings and failed. If you are forced to do something that fails and you lose money from it, don't you think that's nothing but counterproductive for an industry? When Reagan got rid of the original Fairness Doctrine in '87, that triggered the modern explosion of talk radio because stations could put on programming strictly based on what got ratings and made money as opposed to government regulations.
I find it ironic that I've seen the same people who bitch about the FFC trying to control so much content of the radio and TV, while trying to exert their power on the internet, but seems to think it's fine and dandy for a bill like the fairness Doctrine to do the same thing. Besides, who knows how broadly this could be used for pure content, even if it has nothing to do with politics? What about "fairness" involving music, demographics, ect?

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Aug 15,2008 6:59am
The real problem isn't government, but the hypocrisy of your fellow citizens. You have freedom -- except to criticize the status quo. You can offend anyone -- so long as they're conservative or religious. You can talk about science -- except that which contradicts the status quo.

Government? I'm not afraid of government -- it's easily changed, if people are alert. I'm afraid of our sleepwalking fellow citizens and their low-IQ empowerers.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 15,2008 8:32am
-agreed

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 15,2008 10:33am
every time i read this thread title i hear it like the Rekall song from Total Recall.

"for the memory of a lifetime, recall, recall, recall"

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Incipit Sinister Language
[default homepage] [print][5:09:58am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.02183 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]