New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Looking for a side/another project by Brownonomer on Jul 8,2008 4:10pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Brownonomer  at Jul 8,2008 4:10pm
I'm currently in Astronomer, taking up a lot of time. However being in this one band is killing my writing process. I need a side project, but just because its a side project doesn't mean I don't want it to be seroius. I'm looking for something either dirty and heavy as hell, like The Minor Times, or something more mainstream like new Norma Jean, or the polar opposite and something kind of indie and down to eart rock ie The Get Up Kids or something.

Anybody know of anything?

toggletoggle post by Brownonomer  at Jul 15,2008 1:50pm
bump

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Jul 15,2008 1:51pm
yea, i hear ya man, i've been playing JUST indie rock for the past year almost and I miss playing heavy music SO MUCH

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Jul 15,2008 1:59pm
Where are you located? I've been looking to start a pop rockish kind of group like Rilo Kiley, Weezer, Ozma, Derek White and The Monophobics, Beach Boys, Beatles....stuff like that. The thing with this music is that I'm even pickier with writing it than metal and, in my opinion, it's MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to write. Anyway, yeah where do you live? I really can't afford to travel distances right now and even less when school starts up again in September. No car in Boston and I'm probably suspending my car insurance.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Jul 15,2008 1:59pm
I need an indie rock role model.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Jul 15,2008 1:59pm
Sufjan Stevens.

toggletoggle post by Brownonomer  at Jul 15,2008 2:07pm
I live in Reading right now, come Sept I'm moving to an apartment in Lowell for school. I agree with almost everything you've said. I think it is way harder to write indie-ish shit than metal. Would you want to work on something? Would your influences maybe include Death CAb by any chance?

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Jul 15,2008 2:17pm
You live in Reading.

FUCK YES.

I live in Wakefield and know a lot of Reading like the back of my hand. I'd be moving into Boston in September and the train makes things easier.

I do like Death Cab. A lot actually but there is a ton of their material that I think is boring. Luckily Gibbard has written the same amount of unforgettable stuff. I have a pretty large collection of pop/rock/indie music so I can say my influences are pretty varied and extensive. I've been looking to start a band like this for a while. I was supposed to start one at the beginning of the summer but my one other singer/songwriter friend is a huge fag about playing in groups. It sucks because he and I have been competing singer/songwriters since freshman year in high school and it would have been cool to write stuff with him.

ANYWAY, yeah. If you want to see what I can do... http://www.myspace.com/thebriananthonymartinslp

I was sick while recording those so my voice sounds terrible terrible terrible. But that's a little taste of my writing style from about 1 to 2 years ago and I'd say I've matured since then.

toggletoggle post by Brownonomer  at Jul 15,2008 2:20pm
I've already checked it out. I'm pretty pumped to work on some shit.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Jul 15,2008 2:22pm
Br00delz.

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Jul 15,2008 2:35pm
if i lived out that way, i'd offer my drumming services

toggletoggle post by Brownonomer  at Jul 15,2008 2:36pm
Well then I think its about time you moved.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Jul 15,2008 2:38pm
I need mo' m0e.

toggletoggle post by archaeon on faptop at Jul 15,2008 5:15pm
martins you know i want to do something like this with drums ese. Lets jam around fo reel

toggletoggle post by brownonomer  at Jul 15,2008 5:24pm
You want in on drums?!

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Jul 15,2008 5:38pm
Oh wait duh. I knew that. Ya sometime soon. Grant (archaeon) is in Andover. We should jam sometime soon. Sometime very soon.

toggletoggle post by brownonomer  at Jul 15,2008 5:44pm
Yes sir we should. Maybe this weekend?

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Jul 15,2008 5:55pm
I'm pretty sure my weekend is free.

toggletoggle post by archaeon on faptop at Jul 15,2008 6:09pm
100% free yo

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 15,2008 6:18pm
faptop

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jul 15,2008 6:43pm
i have to my kit not sound like shit

toggletoggle post by brownonomer  at Jul 15,2008 8:26pm
I got a bass player we can use. If you guys don't care I'll do keys and guitar. Martins, I'm assumimg you'll do guitar?

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Jul 15,2008 8:29pm
I'm gonna do the skin flute if that's cool with you. I have a hairy banjo if you wanna use some of those sounds too.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jul 15,2008 9:30pm
yo brownonomer hit me up on AIM: fenderwnt149

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Strange Tyrannical Steed
[default homepage] [print][7:52:49pm May 02,2024
load time 0.01510 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]