New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Regular gas climbs to record $4.10 by zyklon on Jun 22,2008 10:20pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by zyklon at Jun 22,2008 10:20pm edited Jun 22,2008 10:21pm
Gasoline is costing U.S. drivers a record $4.10 per gallon on average, but pump prices may be at a peak and could start to come down, an industry analyst said on Sunday.

That optimism is linked to a pledge by Saudi Arabia to pump more oil in response to consumer countries' requests, according to Trilby Lundberg, editor of the nationwide Lundberg survey of about 7,000 gas stations.

"I suspect that oil prices have peaked and will flip further because of this news and the physical addition of more oil on the market in July," Lundberg said. "This gives a strong chance that pump prices are peaking now, or may already have done so."

A barrel of oil has doubled in price over the past year, stoking inflation, triggering protests from Asia to Europe, and compounding the financial pain of U.S. consumers already grappling with a sagging housing market, job uncertainty and soaring food costs.

Top officials, policy makers and oil company executives met on Sunday in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, for emergency talks on how to bring prices down.

"Crude oil prices may spike at any moment from existing trouble in areas including Nigeria, or from some unforeseen hit to global supply," Lundberg said. "This may sound optimistic, (but) it seems likely at this moment as the meeting in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia is being concluded, that oil prices may have peaked and may drift down."

One common reason cited for the rise of oil prices is soaring demand from developing economies such as India and China, whose emerging middle classes are gobbling up more oil.

Lundberg said it was unclear whether other countries with fuel subsidies would follow China's lead and cut them in efforts to cap demand.

Demand in the United States has fallen about 1 percent year-to-date, though it is closer to 2 percent lower in recent weeks, Lundberg said.

Prices at the pump vary across the country. The luckiest drivers live in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where the city average was $3.76 per gallon, the nation's lowest. At the other end, Los Angeles and Fresno, California, were tied for the nation's most expensive gasoline, with the city averages reaching $4.59 per gallon of regular grade gasoline.

On June 20, U.S. crude closed at $134.71 per barrel, up from $68.19 a year ago.

toggletoggle post by fleshfries at Jun 22,2008 11:50pm
I work at a gas station and people give ME shit for the gas prices.....I don't price it people, I just fucking pump it :P

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jun 22,2008 11:53pm
fleshfries said[orig][quote]
I work at a gas station and people give ME shit for the gas prices.....I don't price it people, I just fucking pump it :P

LIES! It's all you asshole.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Jun 22,2008 11:55pm
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/22/tour.fuel.ap/index.html

cost of living / rocking increase.

and the irony here is that Saudi Arabia won't even let women fucking drive. Punk asses.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jun 23,2008 3:20am
funny. every gas station i saw today was no more than $3.99.

i call shenanigans

toggletoggle post by fleshfries at Jun 23,2008 5:33am
I think we need to abolish America's biggest waste of gas:

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jun 23,2008 11:47am
i'm more annoyed now that the price of food has gone up from everywhere to the market to my favorite restuarants.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jun 23,2008 11:57am
i've seen the price as high as 4.21 in some areas.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Jun 23,2008 12:15pm
gas is already 4.50 out here in Cali

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jun 23,2008 1:05pm
i just got 3.99 at the mobile in andover. WILD MUNDAYZZZ

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Jun 23,2008 1:40pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siphon

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX
WHITE PEOPLES

BLACK POWER!

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jun 23,2008 2:57pm
NIGGER said[orig][quote]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siphon

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX
WHITE PEOPLES

BLACK POWER!

Y'know, you really can't argue with this.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][10:33:53pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.01929 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]