New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Stupid/funny reasons to lose your job by succubus on Feb 4,2004 8:31am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 4,2004 8:31am
do you know of anyone who did something lame and ended up getting fired?

this girl here was going into conference rooms that had video camera's installed...and would call up our video conferencing center and set up video conference calls..yeah...so with the camera there in the conference room she would flash her boobs and stuff..

sigh..i work for a huge company..and how she could think she wouldn't get caught....i have no idea

toggletoggle post by dreadkill@work at Feb 4,2004 8:45am
that's a funny story. i knew a guy who got fired for stalking his boss's teenage daughter and her friend. it's not really that funny, but it was pretty stupid and creepy.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 4,2004 8:48am
I got fired for threating to burn some girl's house down.
stupid cunt and her 20 welfare kids.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 4,2004 8:57am
hmm the one and only time i got fired was from my second job ever...i was 16 ...this girl used to come in to the store...and start talking to me ..she was a fat bitch and would talk to everyone and made friends with everyone...

one day it was super busy and she spent like $200 and then after i bagged her things she said...sorry i forgot my wallet...it's in the car....i said ok and she left with her things and didn't come back :( i had put the transaction on hold....and then i told this other guy that worked there...and he was like don't worry...just keep the receipt and next time...get her...

she came in again....and apologized...blah blah...so i added her old total and new one...and then she had her credit card...and it got rejected...

and she left...basically picture a line up...and her like,.,.i'll be back...

anyhow..i found out she was doing it to other people too...

3 people got fired...and the night it happened was one of the worst nights of my life...
i was put in a room by myself with 3 police officers interogating me

now that i think about it...i probably could have sued...oh wait...i wasn't in the US..nevermind...

anyhow...i was so intimidated and stupid and scared and i ended up signing a piece of paper that said i would reimburse them myself :(
fucking fat bitch cunt face

i have boycotted the store since...

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 4,2004 10:30am
Beakey and Ed of Disengaged both got fired from past jobs for threatening their bosses
both are very funny stories.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 4,2004 10:36am
I was fired from a job for not being a true hippie

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 4,2004 10:39am
tell beakey and ed to post the stories.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 4,2004 10:42am
better ask them in person

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 4,2004 10:44am
they why post to begin with? durrrr

and litacore..give us more details pls...

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 4,2004 10:56am
it was rather unpleasant and disillusioning . . . give me a while, I gotta dig deep . . .

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 4,2004 10:57am
ok...i can't believe i actually posted my story...it's not something i really told people

toggletoggle post by moran   at Feb 4,2004 10:59am
I got fired for forgetting to bring my store keys in one day while there was three other managers working and I clearly didn't need them.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 4,2004 11:11am
beakey and ed don't post here because the site takes like 10 minutes to load on comcast and 4 years on dial up

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 4,2004 11:13am
I'm so addicted I still dial in from home on 56K sometimes on the "simple" interface

doesn't work on Netscape, but Internet Explorer work fine

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Feb 4,2004 11:30am
i got fired for not cutting my hair when i working in a restaraunt as a kitchen tech(aka dish washer)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 4,2004 11:49am
hm.. I'll work on the netscape thing I guess.
I'm also working on making the "simple" thing better

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Feb 4,2004 11:55am
yea get on that rev or you gonna have to fire yourself

toggletoggle post by death2all  at Feb 4,2004 12:13pm
I fired zach from Goratory for being a lazy bastard

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 4,2004 12:20pm edited Feb 4,2004 12:21pm
the_reverend said:
hm.. I'll work on the netscape thing I guess.
I'm also working on making the "simple" thing better

i wouldn't worry about it, I'm using Netscape 4.7 anyway which is so 2000

plus it's on a Mac which is a double strike against me

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Feb 4,2004 12:22pm
wow succubus that's a shitty expierience. i personally have never been fired. but then i'm only on my second job. however this one guy Joel got hired in the drum department, and within a week he didnt show up for an entire weekend. his excuse? he got ecoli from eating some bad eggs. he was un-employeed the following day.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 20,2004 4:16pm
ok this is just a funny work story...a bunch of people in a room..yeah yeah i've been talking about this all week

anyhow, today i decide to take calls on speakerphone, nice and loud, while the people around me do the same
heh
poor users saying " i can't hear you well" and then i just talk LOUDER

then a few of us got silly and were daring each other to use "office space" terms while talking to users...i got the highest score and did so without the user hearing any laughter

and now...my boss was kissin this guy's ass BIG TIME... and the guy who's ass she used to kiss...was getting irritated...

and he started rolling his eyes and saying "give me a break"... people are talking so i don't know if she heard...anyhow..then he said a little louder... "why doesn't she just bend over now..."

and i burst out laughing and couldn't stop

i guess you had to be there

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 20,2004 4:24pm
that lady who got fired, she was flashing her boobs and stuff, what's the stuff all about.
in Italy, if you steal something, do they cut off your hands and feed you rats for 25 years?

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Feb 20,2004 4:45pm
i used to work at a dry cleaners. i would basically throw parties after closing time with some friends. my boss was a coke head so i didnt think it would be a big deal. she used to let me smoke up in the bathroom everyday. anyway, one time we were all there after closing. my brother left the back door open to have a smoke. my boss, her mother, and boyfriend were shopping at the Marshalls across the street. they could see jay smoking from the parking lot. jay ran in to tell me that they were coming. i was drinking, and smoking a bong hit at the time. i ran to the back door and tried to slam the door on them. they were screaming before they got to the door and i was laughing like mad. my boss' mother was going insane. it was weird. she had her cell phone ready to call the cops. she doesn't even work there. luckily they didn't call cops. i would have ran my ass off with the evidence. a couple of friends already took off. they called the owner of the store instead and told me not to do it again. i can't believe i wasn't fired. everytime after closing i kept doing the same shit. i got fired a couple months later for it because someone broke a machine. best job i ever had.

toggletoggle post by George   at Feb 20,2004 5:01pm
my job at my old gas station was like that. i used to smoke blunts in the back room every day, and i'd just sit there for 5 hours late at night, stoned as hell ringing up customers who only came in a couple times every hour. that was a fucking sweet job.
thats probably the only thing i miss about smoking weed, blunts.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 20,2004 5:12pm
George said:
my job at my old gas station was like that. i used to smoke blunts in the back room every day, and i'd just sit there for 5 hours late at night, stoned as hell ringing up customers who only came in a couple times every hour. that was a fucking sweet job.
thats probably the only thing i miss about smoking weed, blunts.

You smoked a blunt everyday? That's a lot of weed! Is that all you spent your money on?

toggletoggle post by George   at Feb 20,2004 6:17pm
i used to smoke more than a blunt every day, my best friend had a hookah in her house. we would split a large amount of trees and push the rest and keep a fat bag for ourselves, it paid for itself.

duh. i used to smoke copious amounts of ganjia.
also if you smoke lots of blunts, you keep a roach tube and roll a roach blunt when its full. i used to use garcia green tubes.

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Feb 20,2004 7:10pm
dealing rules. smoke all you want. great times.

i prefer waterpipes to anything, and i don't really like blunts, but of corpse i'll smoke it if it's there. yay weed. time to go home.

i wish there was a good show tonight, oh well. tomorow i will see a cold reality at a vfw in my town right down the street. should be interesting. i haven't been in that vfw since i booked my first show in 98/99.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 20,2004 11:16pm
Ok, this thread is now a marijuana appreciation thread! I don't smoke that much really. I guess I average a dime a week. Good times though. It doesn't fuck up my life at all either. I get all A's and B's in my highschool honors classes, with an occasional C (like one every other report card).

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Feb 20,2004 11:25pm
Dude, I used to smoke CONSTANTLY. Half ounce a day (when I sold sell, Id sell some, make my profit, and use the rest for a smoke bag) Now, I dont smoke or use any drugs. I get my kicks with metal. Anyway, I knew a kid who got fired from his job at a piercing place when they found out he was selling ecstacy and cocaine to the customers as a 'side' job you could say. Hes going places.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 20,2004 11:36pm
fucked a co-worker twice

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 20,2004 11:55pm
JellyFish said:
Dude, I used to smoke CONSTANTLY. Half ounce a day (when I sold sell, Id sell some, make my profit, and use the rest for a smoke bag) Now, I dont smoke or use any drugs. I get my kicks with metal. Anyway, I knew a kid who got fired from his job at a piercing place when they found out he was selling ecstacy and cocaine to the customers as a 'side' job you could say. Hes going places.

Half-ounce a day is insane! Though, if I had the money and the stealth, I would also do that. I have a good friend who smokes a lot, but not that much usually. He probably averages a half-ounce a week, but has smoked a half-ounce in a day plenty of times. He also goes on big smoking runs (like an eighth and a gram in a couple of hours). I need a job so I can afford it more often. That is true motivation: "I gotta get a job to pay for my drug habit!"

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 22,2004 6:56pm
hmm i dateda cokehead once

and i didn't know..

worst experience ever

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 22,2004 7:17pm
succubus said:
hmm i dateda cokehead once

and i didn't know..

worst experience ever

Coke is bad. That stuff will kill you. Would you like to dwell on this statement? If it is an uncomfortable story though don't bother.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 22,2004 7:26pm
oh, it's not uncomfortable...you live and you learn i guess...

i was just dumb and naive and thought i could help him when i found out.

he ended up stealing from me and he was very manipulative and jealous
oh and what a liar...wow...

i was wicked super dumb because the relationship sucked but i stayed with him anyhow...i wanted to help him...i tried saving him...but...didn't work...

he went into rehab twice...for me...i should have known then that he didn't want to save himself

i heard he ended up in jail a couple of years ago..but i'm not sure...and i don't care
~~
not sure what details you want...but feel free to ask me anything specific and i'll answer

toggletoggle post by blue  at Feb 22,2004 7:42pm
i got fired from tower records in high school for calling in sick to see slayer/pantera. well worth it, however. front and center.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 22,2004 7:48pm edited Feb 22,2004 7:48pm
you call in sick once and get burned?
damn that sucks blue

toggletoggle post by blue  at Feb 22,2004 8:08pm
youre telling me. greatest job i ever had. one of my supervisors ratted on me.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 22,2004 8:09pm
bastard/bitch

toggletoggle post by blue  at Feb 22,2004 8:10pm
bastard.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 22,2004 8:13pm
prick

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 22,2004 8:46pm
succubus said:
oh, it's not uncomfortable...you live and you learn i guess...

i was just dumb and naive and thought i could help him when i found out.

he ended up stealing from me and he was very manipulative and jealous
oh and what a liar...wow...

i was wicked super dumb because the relationship sucked but i stayed with him anyhow...i wanted to help him...i tried saving him...but...didn't work...

he went into rehab twice...for me...i should have known then that he didn't want to save himself

i heard he ended up in jail a couple of years ago..but i'm not sure...and i don't care
~~
not sure what details you want...but feel free to ask me anything specific and i'll answer

No, just wondering.

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Feb 23,2004 1:41am
i've never been fired =(

toggletoggle post by dunwich  at Feb 23,2004 8:53am
I wasn't exactly fired but I just lost a temp to hire job for "working too fast/being overqualified". I guess they couldn't justify having me on the payroll to their superiors because I finish everything in a few hours and they were afraid I'd leave once the job market improved. I love hearing about things like this from a third party the day before I would normally go back to work. Oh well.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 23,2004 12:20pm
dunwich.. I had the same thing happen to me a few times on temp jobs.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][8:08:14am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.03821 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]