New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> My Dying Bride - "Songs of Darkness, Words of Light" by TheGreatSpaldino on Jan 26,2004 5:45pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jan 26,2004 5:45pm
ok, I know I made a thread about this before... but fuck you. This album is fucking awesome. I know Dan is an MDB fan and this is pure fucking doom so he should be happy with this. This is some of the darkest normal doom metal i have ever heard. Hell, it even has a touch of black metal riffing. The amount of despondency being brought forth from this release is crushing. Songs like "Catherine Blake", "My Wine in Silence", A Doomed Lover", and "Wreckage of My Flesh" are just top class melancholy. Buy this if you arent gay.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi at Jan 26,2004 6:45pm
Want to burn it for me? I'd like to hear it. The only album I don't like is the 34.4873487 whatever album.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jan 26,2004 6:50pm edited Jan 26,2004 6:51pm
i would but unfortunately my burner hasnt worked in like a year. i've been dying to listen to this in my car and while i sleep :(

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Jan 27,2004 5:49pm
sucks about your burner. i had to get a new one recently.

i will buy the album eventually. are they like the past two albums? any death vocals? i really liked the last two.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jan 28,2004 4:14am edited Jan 28,2004 4:55am
there are harsh vocals in this... i really woudnt all them death vocals though. more like... older in flames. this is perhaps the most miserable sounding album they have put out. "My Wine in Silence" seriously makes me contemplate suicide when i hear it. i actually havent heard the last two albums of theirs. i own Like Gods of the Sun and from what i have been reading about this new album... people have been comparing it to LGOTS but in all seriousness, it doesnt sound like it at all. its a lot better in my opinion. pure doom. and no... its not like their last two. its a lot better and a tad slower.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Jan 28,2004 5:34pm
Ninkaszi said:
Want to burn it for me? I'd like to hear it. The only album I don't like is the 34.4873487 whatever album.

UGH!!!! That's their only bad album!! But MY Dying Bride is one of those bands that just are amazing and and get better like fine wine. I can't wait for there new album though, i heard some samples off of it and i'm fucking excitied. I wonder how there new violenist will do. I like that after Martin left the band they went off doing harder stuff and growling more.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:click here to get internet 5.0
[default homepage] [print][7:43:23pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01487 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]