New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> WATCH OUT ANGELA! MISS K IS HERE! by RustedAngel on Jan 21,2004 9:39am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 21,2004 9:39am
angela (arch enemy).... a hotter metal babe is in town...

stratovarius fans, you have a new vocalist...

The vocal talents of this sultry Finnish lady vary from raunchy rock to classical operatic. Her voice range is over 3 octaves and she is capable of transforming Stratovarius sound to something unique, something that has never been heard in Metal before.

She is 30 years old and has a background in gymnastics, where she has twice become a Finnish Champion, and in acting.

She has until now been singing in some local bands and has done over 200 gigs.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 21,2004 9:46am
w00t for being 30
but look wise...i think angela is prettier...but even more so christina from lacuna coil..in the first pic she looks like a man...then again look at some photos of me...ahem...terrible! so i guess it's hard to say...but if these are promo shots....i dunno, whatever..i looking forward to hearing her voice

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 21,2004 9:52am
angela kinda looks good sometimes, but then other times not pretty at all, almost mannish. she has no boobs and she's got a little stomach there.

btw, i prefer brunette.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 9:56am
the swine on blabbermouth are totally ragging on her, I've pretty much gotten over responding. RTTP folks are so much nicer . . . (right?)

30 huh, I don't feel so bad at turning 33 this year then! (Age at which Jesus was crucified, humph !!!)

my question is this: why are people so militant about the shakeup in Stratovarius? Timo said his life was threatened, Miss K declines interviews because of the current shit-slinging.

Cripes, it's a BAND not the Iraqi Governing Council.

OK, I'm through venting.

One more female-fronted metal band, woo-hoo!

She needs to lay off the Avril Lavigne poses though. The snarl is OK but the syrup's gotta go!

I'll wipe the cobwebs off MY leather miniskirt when/if Constrictor makes our debut . . .

I gotta lose the horn rimmed glasses though--

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 9:58am
did I just say I was through venting?

jesus, shutup already larissa!

toggletoggle post by noosebomb666  at Jan 21,2004 10:02am
Id hit it.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 21,2004 10:05am
yeah to prefering brunettes tom...w00t... =)
esp since larissa and i are
heh
well i think it's lame to rag on someone due to looks...then again as is liking a band for their looks...isn't this about music? and anyhow...yer on stage...that makes you sorta hot by default

like i said, i think it's cool she's 30

and larissa those naughty librarian glasses rule!!
~~~
or a sorta of similar note, 2 summers ago when incubus was on tour (yeah yeah moan all you want) and i photographed their east coast dates, anyhow...in the end i felt soooo bad for the lead singer...damn, talk about being treated like an object... the things i heard little girls scream to him on stage...how sad... close your eyes and listen to the music...it was just too much...

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 10:10am edited Jan 21,2004 10:11am
succubus said:
larissa those naughty librarian glasses rule!!

thanks ! but they're starting to scrape my face to shit. I'm gonna try contacts today

I don't miss plucking my eyebrows but . . .

I CAN'T EVEN SEE MY BASS STRINGS!

toggletoggle post by noosebomb666  at Jan 21,2004 10:34am edited Jan 21,2004 10:37am
Death Metal Librarians rule!!!!!!!!!!! AS a matter of fact, you should start a side band called D.M.L.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 10:38am
we'd do all Venom covers.

acapella! (just voice, no instruments)

toggletoggle post by noosebomb666  at Jan 21,2004 10:40am
that would be funny. Or do spoken word venom.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 10:40am
that Seattle band Bloodhag is a total librarian metal band

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 10:41am
noosebomb666 said:
that would be funny. Or do spoken word venom.

haha, yeah people would be like, "This is really infantile poetry"

Henry Rollins look out!

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Jan 21,2004 10:42am edited Jan 21,2004 10:44am
lets not forget rachel from sinister too now

she may not be super model looking but she kill angie's vocals for death metal style

toggletoggle post by noosebomb666  at Jan 21,2004 10:42am
Hey, I work in a mortgage company. Before that, all the years I was in Grief and Disrupt I worked in a law firm.

EVIL

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 21,2004 10:45am
noosebomb666
what state are you in?

toggletoggle post by noosebomb666  at Jan 21,2004 10:45am edited Jan 21,2004 10:52am
Runhild from Thorrs Hammer was pretty awesome. She can sing deeper than some male vocalists. Too bad they only were a project band that released a 4 song cd and that was it.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 10:46am
Sinister is awesome, I model my vocals after Rachel

toggletoggle post by noosebomb666  at Jan 21,2004 10:46am
I work in Easton, MA , live in Brockton.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 10:49am
noosebomb666 said:
Runhild from Thorrs Hammer was pretty awesome. She can sing deeper than some male vocalists. Too bad they only were a project band that released a 4 song cd and that was it.

Steve from Khanate said they're going to re-release Thorrr's Hammer due to overwhelming demand. SWEET.

toggletoggle post by noosebomb666  at Jan 21,2004 10:53am
YESSSS!!! I have to get a copy.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 10:58am
same here. I haven't heard it but I'm always curious--apparently she turned the Southern Lord guys onto some badass Scandanavian Metal

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 21,2004 10:58am edited Jan 21,2004 10:58am
noosebomb and litacore
you guys have email!
from moi

toggletoggle post by noosebomb666  at Jan 21,2004 11:06am
litacore said:
same here. I haven't heard it but I'm always curious--apparently she turned the Southern Lord guys onto some badass Scandanavian Metal

I have heard it. Its in Norwegian. The song NORGE starts off with this mellow music and Norwegian poetry, then.........WHAM, it kicks in with this deep grunt from hell. I think SL has an MP3 on their website.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 11:10am
wow, she gets low.

what a badass

toggletoggle post by noosebomb666  at Jan 21,2004 11:11am
good shit

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 11:12am
NORSKRUNTIKKUNVIMONTOOKEN--arrrrrrhhhhh!

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 11:13am
im sorry, I'm in a silly mood today

I think this is the most I've ever posted in a day

"Look Out!"--Dio

toggletoggle post by stpararenex   at Jan 21,2004 12:14pm
Holy Moses, Left-Hand Solution, and Ice Age are amazing female fronted metal bands too.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Jan 21,2004 1:01pm
actually, that's real blood in those pics (according to Timo Tolkki, which brings to question, who's blood?) she looks good, but i think angela is hotter. but then of course Christina Scabbia rules over them all. yea, i definately prefer brunettes

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jan 21,2004 1:27pm
She's much prettier than Crapela but that really doesn't to me at all until I hear how well she can sing. Crapela sounds like a mule in a meat grinder so she won't be hard to top.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jan 21,2004 1:31pm
3 octaves is a nice range... brunettes are better

toggletoggle post by stpararenex   at Jan 21,2004 1:51pm
She resembles Avril Lavigne in the last picture. Less pasty though. And nicer arms...and..ass...ok, but I still think Gossow is hotter. She fucks like a beast and I think her vocals are better. I also sound like a moron.

toggletoggle post by stpararenex   at Jan 21,2004 1:53pm
Also, it seems to me that because of Angela, Arch Enemy has gained a lot popularity. Same with other female-fronted bands. Does anyone else see the connection?

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 2:02pm
yep! it also annoys the crap out of a lot of guys who think a woman's only place is the kitchen and the bedroom, heh-heh-heh

I know that once I see a read-up on some DM band w/female vocals, or even a female bass player thrashin' away, I go outta my way to check it out

the band has to not suck as a result though.
Arch Enemy are, to my mind, the way to do it right
the results with Stratovarius have yet to be seen

toggletoggle post by stpararenex   at Jan 21,2004 2:09pm
Well, metal is pretty much a male-dominated genre but it's nice to see females making their way in as well. I don't like, however, when people think that Angela Gossow is the only female fronting a metal band. There are a lot more out there...have been so for a while. I just hate to see the whole idea of girls in metal being considered "recent". Most girl fronted metal bands that I like are from the 80s. [DOES ANYONE LIKE HOLY MOSES?]

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 2:17pm
I haven't heard Holy Moses but you're right on the 80's angle--

Detente (R.I.P. Dawn Crosby), Warlock (Doro Pesch), and Wendy O.!

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jan 21,2004 2:23pm
I don't like seeing AE gain popularity because they have a female lead now. I'd have no problem with them getting more popular with or without her were their popularity based on their own abilities, be it songwriting, musicianship, originality, etc. But lets face it, they're not. They're riding the inevitable wave of "someone with tits and a pussy at a metal show?! I gotta go watch... then buy all their merch... so I can pretend she noticed I bought every shirt in each size."
I'm all for women in metal, but until the general population of the metal crowd stops liking bands containing women because they contain women and starts liking them because they're actually good bands, the purpose will not be served.
Where are the hugely popular female fronted bands in which the women are equally as unpleasant to look at as most of the men in metal?
Fuck everything.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jan 21,2004 2:41pm
I'd rather boink Miss K... Angela is ok i suppose... i'd atleast poop on her chest.

toggletoggle post by stpararenex   at Jan 21,2004 2:43pm
I agree with you completely. You stated that perfectly.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 21,2004 2:50pm edited Jan 21,2004 2:53pm

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jan 21,2004 2:50pm
TheGreatSpaldino said:
I'd rather boink Miss K... Angela is ok i suppose... i'd atleast poop on her chest.

stpararenex said:
I agree with you completely. You stated that perfectly.

~~chuckle~~

toggletoggle post by James Grayndler at Apr 12,2018 3:16am
Black color attract everyone and when we see anyone wearing such dark color we can easily get understand what is all about. Writers who use any of <a href="https://www.huffingtonpost.com/nancy-laws/the-shocking-truth-about-_5_b_7041934.html">best essay editing service</a> for learning the art of professional writing can write on the concept of color used in photography.

toggletoggle post by James Grayndler at Apr 12,2018 3:17am

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][7:07:56pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01760 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]