New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> attn: guitar players. what do you think? regarding cabs. by cav nli on Feb 15,2008 2:57pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by cav nli at Feb 15,2008 2:57pm
this is gonna run me almost exactly a grand with shipping and all, what do you guys think...

2x12contemporary w/a celestion vintage 30 and a celestion G12H30
and
4x12contemporary w/2 hellatone 30s and 2 hellatone 60s in an X pattern

burgundy tolex with a wheat grill. its gonna be sexy!

the contemporary cabs look a lot more durable than the traditional ones, i dont really want the vintage cus of the slanted front, i dont need it cus im gonna have my 412 up on the 212 at ear level. the contemporary design seem to be designed almost like orange cabs. with projection and durability being the arguements against avatar, i think these were sort of their response to that.

so yea blue, tell me this is a good idea before brian triesto talk me out of it at practice. hahaha.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 15,2008 3:03pm
fine by me, man

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Feb 15,2008 4:18pm edited Feb 15,2008 4:20pm
alright, im here. EVERYONE CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

david, your speaker combos are a little 'meh.' I'd be worried with those choices you're going to get a whole lot of weird muddy mids.

the traditional cabs are their orange equivalents. lots of mass, nice low end. definetly what you're looking for.

i would try 2 hellatone 60s/2 celestion classic lead 80s in an x pattern in the 4x12. the CL80s are super underrated, very well balanced down the spectrum and perfect for modern high gain. the h60s will put in a little of that grindier midrange thatll pair wonderfully.

for the 2x12, i would see if they still have the hellatone 60Ls available (call and ask). theyre a hellatone 60 but more focused to the low/mids, perfect if you're going to use it on the floor.

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Feb 15,2008 4:39pm
my gflex for 300

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 15,2008 4:45pm
oh Cav, that gflex is mint. Seriously consider that. I know you want to match, but 300 for a gflex is a retarded deal

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Feb 15,2008 4:59pm
yup, screw that avatar 2x12 and just get the g-flex. only 2x12 youll ever need.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 15,2008 5:01pm
do it so I can compare it to the earcandy if it ever freakin comes in

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Feb 15,2008 5:03pm
ooooooh so many cabs. if only i could sell my blue voodoo cab for 300. fucking theres uk v30s in there for christ sake.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 15,2008 5:07pm
I'm dangerously close to buying that Bad Cat...I just need to talk to ING about them cutting me a check out of a fucking retirement fund that was deferring income while I was a substitute teacher
if that check comes my way...I'll be A/B'ing ENGL and Bad Cat

*flexes penis*

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Feb 15,2008 5:10pm
damn. i think ive officially decided to stop buying expensive boutiquey stuff. cus i can just sell it and buy like 3 sleeper high gainers and a bass rig.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 15,2008 5:11pm
I want it. And I think I can do it without selling my Recto. Which deep down I feel like I could use somewhere down the line.

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Feb 15,2008 5:20pm
sell the frigging recto already. if youre going to hold on to a recto, make sure its a 2 channel.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 15,2008 5:23pm
It's not...Part of me is too lazy to sell it. I will eventually, I'm just in no hurry.

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Feb 15,2008 5:24pm
ALWAYS IN A HURRY FOR NEW GEAR

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Feb 15,2008 10:01pm
I kinda want blues cab too haha

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Feb 15,2008 10:05pm
please, buy the whole cab for 300. then take the speakers out and sell them separetly and make your money back. then retolex the cab and and take the crate logo off. Buy some WGS CL80 clones on ebay (4 for 160) and and have the secret destroyer.

the cab is marine grade baltic birch for christ sake.

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Feb 15,2008 10:48pm
i'll admit to not reading this whole thread.

EARCANDY!

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Feb 15,2008 10:49pm
ps - if you're not already using a modded tube screamer... get the fuck on the bus, maaaaaan.

toggletoggle post by cav at Feb 16,2008 12:58am
hey josh, you gonna be around this weekend? saturday afternoon or sunday evening? i wouldnt mind checkin out the gflex with my head and guitar. its the one with the 75s in it?

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Feb 16,2008 4:10am
i AM NOT SURE ON THE EXACT MODEL OF SPEAKER IN IT. i KNOW IT IS STOCk AND (fucking caps) from the time it was steve vai's signature cab. I will be around but it is at my drummers house where we play. I'll see about him being home, maybe we can all goof around for a little while.

toggletoggle post by cav at Feb 17,2008 12:36pm
hey man, ill be around from 5-830 tonight. ill be at work til then. let me know if youll be around.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:click here to get internet 5.0
[default homepage] [print][8:20:16am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.03129 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]