New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> DEATH METAL THE DOCUMENTARY by Enemyofdastate on Jan 12,2004 7:47pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Enemyofdastate  at Jan 12,2004 7:47pm
Well I got it as a Birthday Gift, very informative, too much talking and not much coverage of bands. Couldve been better but what can you expect from BILL ZEBUB but regardless I still give him props for putting this together.

I dont understand why PETER STEELE was on the DVD talking so much shit but nonetheless You should own it if your into Death Metal.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 12,2004 8:09pm
Does it cover the shitty Tampa death metal scene or the Scandinavian bands which are actually good?

toggletoggle post by Enemyofdastate  at Jan 12,2004 8:26pm
hmm its just people in the scene talking shit....
mainly Peter Steele, Danny and Ronnie from Malignancy, Roger from Mortician, Immolation, Frank Mullen and a few videos....couldve been done better in my opinion

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Jan 13,2004 10:56am
my friend wrote a book about death metal.
Death Metal Music: The Passion and Politics of a Subculture by Natalie J. Purcell

very good book. an in-depth look into the death metal world, the bands, the promoters, and the fans. if u know someone that busts your balls about listening to "this garbage that's nothing more than a train wreck," shove this book in their face and make them read it. then they'll at least have an understanding as to why we do what we do. the only down-side to the book is that it's $36.50 because McFarland publishing are a bunch of dildoes. but if u are willing to spend the money, this book is worth it. u can find it on amazon.com and it should be available at every major book store.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 13,2004 11:32am
the book sounds interesting. I'll bet you can get it from the public library, or they can ILL it from another branch.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 13,2004 12:50pm edited Jan 13,2004 12:51pm
retzam said:
Does it cover the shitty Tampa death metal scene or the Scandinavian bands which are actually good?

at least tampa has a death metal scene unlike new england.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 13,2004 1:04pm

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jan 13,2004 1:44pm
Books are awesome. Being able to read is the best!!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 13,2004 3:11pm
reading is FUNdamental!

toggletoggle post by Wee...Bink!  at Jan 13,2004 5:56pm
the_reverend said:
reading is FUNdamental!

that is one fucked up bear.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 13,2004 8:32pm
DeOdiumMortis said:
Books are awesome. Being able to read is the best!!!

You should post this in every thread, even ones that have nothing to do with reading, or books, or reading books.

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Jan 14,2004 10:50am
no disco paul interview??

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Jan 14,2004 4:40pm
what i saw of it was really boring. i thought dan lilker, pete steele, and king diamond were the only interesting parts i saw. i hate how they have so many phone interviews, and just a picture of the person on the screen while the person is talking. so lame. it could have been a million times better. i heard there was a funny part with craig pillard in it, but we turned it off before hand.

toggletoggle post by Enemyofdastate  at Jan 14,2004 4:52pm
Kalopsia said:
my friend wrote a book about death metal.
Death Metal Music: The Passion and Politics of a Subculture by Natalie J. Purcell

very good book. an in-depth look into the death metal world, the bands, the promoters, and the fans. if u know someone that busts your balls about listening to "this garbage that's nothing more than a train wreck," shove this book in their face and make them read it. then they'll at least have an understanding as to why we do what we do. the only down-side to the book is that it's $36.50 because McFarland publishing are a bunch of dildoes. but if u are willing to spend the money, this book is worth it. u can find it on amazon.com and it should be available at every major book store.
Yes I know Natalie and all about her book.
She asked me to contribute but I didnt get back to her in time to do so.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Defenestrated Chaotic Punishment
[default homepage] [print][3:24:10pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01119 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]