New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Jaguars already talking smack about the Pizzats by SkinSandwich on Jan 7,2008 2:26pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Jan 7,2008 2:26pm
Nigs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3184960

If the undefeated Patriots need bulletin board material for their playoff game Saturday night against the Jaguars, they have it now.

If Jacksonville defensive lineman Paul Spicer had his way, the Patriots wouldn't have even qualified for the playoffs because of the Spygate scandal.

"Do like the NCAA and kick them out of the playoffs or something," Spicer told The Associated Press after news of the scandal broke. "Put them on probation; they can't go to no playoff games. Roger Goodell has definitely enforced some new rules. He's been hard on players. Now let's see how hard he's going to be with a team."

The Patriots lost their 2008 first-round draft pick, the team was fined $250,000 and Bill Belichick was docked $500,000 as a result of the scandal, in which they were caught videotaping New York Jets coaches' signals during the teams' Week 1 matchup. New England still has one 2008 first-round pick as a result of their trade with the San Francisco 49ers during the 2007 draft.

"This ain't news. I've heard it in the past. They finally got caught. The Patriots got caught. They're busted," he also told the AP at the time.

Appearing on ESPN2's First Take on Monday morning, Spicer stood by his comments.

"I don't regret saying what I said. I'm a man of my word. I always speak my mind and that's what I felt at that time," Spicer said.

In the long run, Spicer said Spygate doesn't matter when it comes to Saturday night's playoff game.

"It doesn't really matter ... What matters is getting out there and playing football. It still comes down to catching the football, tackling, blocking."

Spicer said he wasn't worried about giving the Patriots added motivation for their playoff game.

"If they got to bring up something said so long ago, let that be their motivational tool," he said.

toggletoggle post by Mattkings at Jan 7,2008 2:28pm
So the Jags wanna lose by even more points on Saturday

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jan 7,2008 2:43pm
See this is what I'm talking about. Win or lose you don't hear dumb shit slipping out of the Patriots locker room. The Belichick legacy (to anyone who cares about football more than soap operas) will be remembered by dedication, and humility. It's part of the whole uniquely Belichick culture of winning that he creates. No other coach in the NFL right now can say that.

That and Rodney Harrison is silently foaming at the mouth over this right now. I love it.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Jan 7,2008 2:47pm
I love vagina's, with that being said, New England sports were a joke for years! Now that our teams are doing well, their is so much shit talking and finger pointing. I have been a Pats fan forever. hell, I remember suffering though the patriots 1991 season where they went 1-15!! Not to mention all the other subpar records of the past like 2-14, 3-13, 5-11. Fuck everyone. i am glad we rule all now, and everyone hates us. it has been a long time coming, now the Pats dominate and people can't handle it. Fuck em.

toggletoggle post by poop at Jan 7,2008 3:19pm
same here, i loved how you never saw any pats in commercials this year where faggot manning and LT will take anything

until i saw Wes Welker in the cheesiest furniture commercial yesterday

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 7,2008 3:20pm
the only thing i wonder about is when some fuckhead player is going to do something shady like try and break Brady's legs or something. do something totally uncalled for just to be part of the team that stops the almighty.

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Jan 7,2008 3:23pm
Mattkings said:
So the Jags wanna lose by even more points on Saturday

hah exactly.. good talk more shit see where it gets you. you can join the many behind you who've also been shut up this season

toggletoggle post by deadlikemurf  at Jan 7,2008 3:31pm
xmikex said:
See this is what I'm talking about. Win or lose you don't hear dumb shit slipping out of the Patriots locker room. The Belichick legacy (to anyone who cares about football more than soap operas) will be remembered by dedication, and humility. It's part of the whole uniquely Belichick culture of winning that he creates. No other coach in the NFL right now can say that.

That and Rodney Harrison is silently foaming at the mouth over this right now. I love it.

quoted for truth.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][7:24:38pm May 01,2024
load time 0.03518 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]