New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> any musician HATE playing live? by sans the whimsy on Dec 15,2007 10:50pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by sans the whimsy at Dec 15,2007 10:50pm
it used to be a thrill for me to get some kind of a response from a crowd while playing a gig.

now, i couldnt care less.

honestly, i dont even GO to shows....

nothing lives up to recordings

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Dec 15,2007 10:55pm
No

toggletoggle post by Andy. at Dec 15,2007 10:58pm
That just means you suck.

toggletoggle post by sans the whimsy at Dec 15,2007 11:03pm

toggletoggle post by Andy. at Dec 15,2007 11:07pm
sans the whimsy said:

nothing lives up to recordings

toggletoggle post by sans the whimsy at Dec 15,2007 11:09pm
OMG!

Image fight!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 15,2007 11:31pm
MY BLOODY VALENTINE.
'nuff said.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Dec 15,2007 11:58pm
dimebag barrel. that last show he played was killer.

toggletoggle post by Horror_Tang  at Dec 16,2007 12:06am
I take offense to that.

You did not capitalize Dimebag and That. Furthermore, You need an extra space before starting your next sentence.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Dec 16,2007 12:13am
omg! you are correct! how stupid of me! Please, post pjhotos of yourself next to girls half your age so that I may know that women do in fact hang out with you sometimes.

toggletoggle post by Horror_Tang  at Dec 16,2007 1:25am
You are so sexy when you're angry.

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Dec 16,2007 12:32pm
sounds like someone is a huge pussy and needs to quit music and their life.

toggletoggle post by NuclearWinter at Dec 16,2007 12:49pm
"You did not capitalize Dimebag and That. Furthermore, You need an extra space before starting your next sentence."

You could take a few tips yourself.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 16,2007 12:50pm

toggletoggle post by Horror_Tang  at Dec 16,2007 12:56pm
NuclearWinter said:
"You did not capitalize Dimebag and That. Furthermore, You need an extra space before starting your next sentence."

You could take a few tips yourself.

You sir have found the joke in my post. Bravo! Well, partially at least.

toggletoggle post by i_am_lazy at Dec 16,2007 6:17pm
sans the whimsy said:
OMG!

Image fight!

toggletoggle post by i_am_lazy at Dec 16,2007 6:19pm
Playing live is awesome.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Dec 16,2007 6:36pm
playing live rules when people care

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 16,2007 6:38pm
i love playing shows... i dont care if there is 5 people or 500. sounds like you need a new hobby

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 17,2007 9:48am
FuckIsMySignature said:
i love playing shows... i dont care if there is 5 people or 500. sounds like you need a new hobby

HOBBY ROCKRES LOL

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 17,2007 9:51am
Playing live = fun.
Moving and transporting equipment = not fun.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 17,2007 9:59am
[rant]I'll preface this by saying that yes, I'm in a band that happens to appeal to a younger crowd and in that sense you make your own bed. However, I will say that occasionally we will play a show where it's one of those deals where 75% of the people there are there for a friends band and just hang out outside the venue the whole time and act like shitheads. That bums me out...but...it is fun to play those shows, because honestly playing angry can be a lot more fun and a lot more therapeutic than playing with a smile on my face like I usually do. It's just a bummer because most of those shows would be amazing if the kids just had a little more passion for what was going on. [/rant]

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 17,2007 9:59am
that is a grammatical train-wreck. Sorry Brother Paul(RIP)

toggletoggle post by brad weymouth at Dec 17,2007 11:55am
I hate dragging the gear around, especially 8X10 cabs. Fuck those things sideways in a hailstorm.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 17,2007 1:19pm
I hate hauling gear, I hate selling merch, I hate the constant scrounging around for shows to play...

But I love traveling for shows, and I love playing live for a fun crowd way way better than any recording.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Dec 17,2007 1:37pm
i like playing live and traveling alot. i don't hate moving gear that much just sometimes i dont feel like doing it or the location sux balls to get into. but once its all packed up it feels good that you did it.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Dec 17,2007 3:01pm
moving gear only sucks ass at a few places so i don't mind that.

playing live is a good time, although the aftermath to my neck and shoulders could be missed

toggletoggle post by Fuck_Logging_In_NLI at Dec 17,2007 5:31pm

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 17,2007 5:36pm
DestroyYouAlot said:
FuckIsMySignature said:

HOBBY ROCKRES LOL

hah!

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Dec 19,2007 7:50am
I agree with Brian. I also hate when there's a lot of people at a show, but then after the bands they wanted to see finish, they just leave regardless of how many other bands there are. I've played shows when people stick around for the first band and then leave. Is that really worth $10? Another thing I hate is we played one show where there were a lot of people inside for the band before us, and everyone went outside when we played, and then came back in when we finished. The worst part about that was that it was pay to get back in. Damn hardcore kids.

But, if you play a show in front of the right crowd then it's one of the best feelings in the world. It's just finding those right shows that sucks and is a stressor.

toggletoggle post by troll at Dec 19,2007 9:11am
Vaudeville folks....Vaudeville.

toggletoggle post by troll at Dec 19,2007 9:15am
Actually, I did use to enjoy playing live at one point.
Not these days.

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Dec 19,2007 9:54am
Sounds to me like someone has never: a) played a Deathstravaganza / blasphecue at DFTG's, b) played with Rich Horror present, or c) had a nice pair of strange titties serendipitously displayed for their viewing pleasure while rockin' out. Condolences.

toggletoggle post by sans the whimsy at Dec 19,2007 10:09am
a) nope
b) possibly? cant remember...
c) ive played for tits (and NOT strange ones, at that). but if thats all playing live is for you, be my guest.

ive played for both crowds that were insane for my music and crowds that gave golf claps at the end of songs.

i guess i'm just trying to further the idea that I need NO feedback for MY music. I want to create ONLY for MYSELF. The next project I start WILL NOT end up on Myspace, I will not post it ANYWHERE on the web, and I will not submit it to ANY reviewers.

I might give away copies to people who seem worthy of owning one, but, we'll see.

NOTHING.LIVES.UP.TO.A.RECORDING.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 19,2007 10:46am
for some bands you are correct

for other bands you are exactly wrong

toggletoggle post by corpus_colostomy at Dec 19,2007 11:02am edited Dec 19,2007 11:08am
this is like saying: "I enjoy masturbation but I do not like sex anymore."

to say that nothing beats a recording is retarded.
REAL bands and GREAT musicians have something to offer live AND via recording-

if you suck live, but kill in the studio, with re-take after re-take, pro-tools, loops and engineers, shit..what the fuck is so special about that?

toggletoggle post by sleazy at Dec 19,2007 11:27am
sans the whimsy said:
The next project I start WILL NOT end up on Myspace, I will not post it ANYWHERE on the web, and I will not submit it to ANY reviewers.

I might give away copies to people who seem worthy of owning one, but, we'll see.

Black Metal!!!

toggletoggle post by ExploitationofMistakes at Dec 19,2007 12:22pm
sans the whimsy said:
i guess i'm just trying to further the idea that I need NO feedback for MY music. I want to create ONLY for MYSELF. The next project I start WILL NOT end up on Myspace, I will not post it ANYWHERE on the web, and I will not submit it to ANY reviewers.

Awesome, that way I totally don't ever have to hear it. You sound like a pretentious schmuck. Get over yourself. That or just go away.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 19,2007 12:30pm
MYSPACE IST KRIEG

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 19,2007 12:48pm
corpus_colostomy said:
this is like saying: "I enjoy masturbation but I do not like sex anymore."

to say that nothing beats a recording is retarded.
REAL bands and GREAT musicians have something to offer live AND via recording-

if you suck live, but kill in the studio, with re-take after re-take, pro-tools, loops and engineers, shit..what the fuck is so special about that?

exactly. look at a band like Dragonforce. they may sound "spectacular" on a recording, but they can't pull that shit off live. i have heard so many bands that sound like shit on a recording, but crush your soul live.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 19,2007 12:49pm
xnothinglivesuptoarecordingx

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 19,2007 5:09pm

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 19,2007 6:13pm
Playing shows was my favorite part of being in a band, but I'm not a musician so I have nothing much to compare it to. Maybe I just enjoyed the excuse to get hammered and verbally abuse people.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 19,2007 6:49pm
pam said:
Maybe I just enjoyed the excuse to get hammered and verbally abuse people.

you dont need an excuse for that.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][4:11:00am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.01777 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]