New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Say it isn't so, Mike Lowell to the Yanks by sox fan on Nov 13,2007 11:12am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by sox fan at Nov 13,2007 11:12am
New york radio stations are reporting Mike Lowell has agreed in principle to a 5yr contract with the Yankees paying him 16million per year. The Red Sox are not expected to counter.

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 13,2007 11:21am
i just told my boss and got yelled at for being a liar.
thanks!

toggletoggle post by sox fan at Nov 13,2007 11:28am
It's true. I'm on a business trip in Lower Manahtten and that's all they're talking about on all the radio stations. A press conference has been announced for 430 later today but they won't say for what

toggletoggle post by mortalis nli at Nov 13,2007 11:42am
huge blow to the red sox. not only a very good/great player, but an incredible clubhouse presence. 5 years is too much, though. so do we pay big in $ for arod or in talent for cabrera?

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 13,2007 11:48am
don't forget about tejada.

toggletoggle post by mortalis nli at Nov 13,2007 12:00pm
aye, he actually might be the one i'd want the most out of the three.

toggletoggle post by sox fan at Nov 13,2007 12:01pm
Sellout!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Nov 13,2007 12:36pm
i hope this isn't true, but if it is, i won't hold it against lowell like i did with damon.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Nov 13,2007 12:47pm
i think the 4:30 press conference is in regard to the resigning of posada.

toggletoggle post by sox fan at Nov 13,2007 12:49pm
dreadkill said:
i hope this isn't true, but if it is, i won't hold it against lowell like i did with damon.

Fuck that. I could live very comforatbly with what the sox offered. He's greedy. Gimme a break. He's a traitor and will get a fastball from the head from beckett if I'm the manager. He will fail outside of boston and 4 or 5 years from now he will suck.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Nov 13,2007 12:50pm
Posada is re-signing with the Yankees and Mike Lowell is still a free agent. Don't start rumors.

toggletoggle post by pleasantparentandchild at Nov 13,2007 1:05pm
i am a huge damon fan. i even have his fathead which my child and I regularly sleep with under the covers. i would love to see him reunited with matt lowell.

-pleasant parent and child

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 13,2007 1:31pm
no. this can't be.

toggletoggle post by sox fan at Nov 13,2007 1:33pm
I'm telling you what I'm hearing on the radio out here in NY.
Don't shoot the messenger.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 13,2007 2:01pm
WHAT

toggletoggle post by sox fan at Nov 13,2007 2:03pm
CC wins the Cy over Beckett

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 13,2007 3:14pm
pleasantparentandchild said:
i am a huge damon fan. i even have his fathead which my child and I regularly sleep with under the covers.

Totally not disturbing!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Nov 13,2007 3:21pm
B.S. not happening.

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Nov 13,2007 3:26pm
Yeah i won't believe this till i see it no fucking way, and they are talking about us getting Gay rod wtf is going on. I would be just as mad at lowell as damon, they both could have stayed and left b/c they wanted more $$. how much fucking money do you need? he's probably already set for life, why not just stay with the team you just won a world series with, and a fan base that adores you?

toggletoggle post by BrianDBB  at Nov 13,2007 4:24pm
I'd go for the cash. The "loyal" fanbase won't do shit for you when you've retired.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Nov 13,2007 4:25pm
Don't you people ever check the website?

redsox.com says NOTHING about these rumors.

toggletoggle post by todayistheday nli at Nov 13,2007 5:36pm
BrianDBB said:
I'd go for the cash. The "loyal" fanbase won't do shit for you when you've retired.

ya cause hes going to hurting when he's retired...wtf are you talking about?!

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Nov 13,2007 7:18pm
No way.
It's one thing if the Yanks signed him, but for a FIVE YEAR DEAL?!
The sticking point for Lowell is a fourth year.
The Yankees have had way too many long contracts bite them in the ass for players that are due to decline within a matter of years.
Personally, I'd try to overpay Lowell for three years at $15-16 million and dangle a fourth year club option at $17-18 million. That way, if he stayed, he would make plenty and see that chance for getting a fourth year for even more money, even if it was an option, should his production not drop off.
Don't get me wrong. I love Mike Lowell and want him to stay, but I'd be shocked if the Yankees did a deal for that long.
The Sox have been good over the past several years at one thing in particular. Judging the value of a player if they let them go.
Pedro, Nomar, Damon, Nixon, Lowe, ect. Granted Damon still hit great for his first year or so with the Yankees, the injuries have gone through the roof and he is gonna be nothing but a DH soon at this rate.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Nov 15,2007 11:27am

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Nov 15,2007 11:28am

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Nov 15,2007 1:13pm
what is it with the yankees and trying to steal players from the red sox after a world series win? seriously.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Nov 15,2007 1:16pm
so just objectively...I hope it never happens of course...but doesn't it make more sense to move A-Rod and his roided out failing defense to first and keep a gold glove caliber 3rd basemen like Lowell where he belongs?

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Nov 15,2007 1:21pm
plus if a-rod plays first he can just take more and more roids until he murders his wife or something

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Nov 15,2007 1:37pm
If there's one thing the Yankees have proved by signing Kenny Lofton, Johnny Damon, Scott Broscius, and Mark Bellhorn over the years... it's that they don't give a shit about defense.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Nov 15,2007 1:37pm
and might I add Chuck Knoblauch to that esteemed list.

toggletoggle post by tylerl  at Nov 15,2007 5:09pm
dont forget about giambi

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Nov 15,2007 7:59pm
Plus, now I look like the Yanks are about to dump $280 MILLION for TEN YEARS on A-Rod.
Good luck with that fellas.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Nov 15,2007 8:02pm
spending the most money in the league doesnt necessarily buy you a championship... i thought the yankees would realize that by now

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][3:07:37pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01751 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]