New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Hard work going down the shitter Depreesh Post by xmikex on Oct 3,2007 2:30pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Oct 3,2007 2:30pm
Can not win today.

I spent the last 2 weeks planning and setting up for this video teleconference from my school's campus to this convention in Pennsylvania. All the gear has been setup for a week now, and tested about half a dozen times including twice to the client's destination.

Monday afternoon I had to change the inputs on the monitor to accomodate another unit. That was the one and only thing I changed, nothing on the VTC unit itself was changed at all. In fact the front cover, the remote, and the controls were all locked up so nobody would touch them.

Today, about an hour before the VTC itself is scheduled I go down there, the client is connected but I can't see their video.... and I can't see their presentation.... and I can't bring up the menu on the monitor..... and I can't zoom on the camera.... and I can't move the camera at all.... and I can't dial or hang up or perform ANY controls on it that I need to.

And the best part was it was for the Dean. wonderful.

All those emails, tests, all that hauling gear and setting shit up. Worthless.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Oct 3,2007 2:38pm
Did you delete the system32 folder?

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Oct 3,2007 2:52pm
What was the issue in the end? Ever figure it out?

Did the System32 folder thing work?

40mil get.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Oct 3,2007 3:32pm
GB2GAIA

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Oct 3,2007 3:36pm

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Oct 3,2007 4:06pm
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said:
What was the issue in the end? Ever figure it out?

Did the System32 folder thing work?

40mil get.

The solution that my boss, and the tech from the VTC company came up with eventually was that the video input to the VTC unit was plugged into the "Dual" input, as in dual monitor mode. This makes no sense to me because:

1. It was tested and worked perfectly on whatever I had it plugged into all last week.
2. I never changed any of the inputs on the VTC unit itself.
3. I tried every input there was while I was trying to troubleshoot.

Something else had to have happened.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][9:56:53am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01124 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]