Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Death Proof by Mess on Sep 25,2007 9:49am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Mess at Sep 25,2007 9:49am
i rented this the other night and thought it was really good. it's a quentin tarantino flick. hot broads, drugs, fast cars and violence.

toggletoggle post by tylerl  at Sep 25,2007 9:51am
i thought it was pretty cool, minus the 45 minutes of nothing between the beginning and chase scenes

toggletoggle post by hung_to_bleed   at Sep 25,2007 9:55am edited Sep 25,2007 9:55am
That looks awesome, I gotta check that out.

http://www.deathproof.net/

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Sep 25,2007 10:18am
+1,000,000

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Sep 25,2007 11:03am
I missed it, but what happened to the girl that got left behind with the man who was selling the charger?

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Sep 25,2007 11:08am
I liked Planet Terror a lil' better

but definitely worth seeing

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Sep 25,2007 12:01pm
aaron_michael said:
I missed it, but what happened to the girl that got left behind with the man who was selling the charger?

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Sep 25,2007 12:03pm
DestroyYouAlot said:
aaron_michael said:

did they explain it or did they just leave it hanging out there?
buying a copy on friday.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at the library at Sep 25,2007 1:13pm
I think they left it hanging for a reason--she also says the word "gulp" instead of making a gulping noise

Rosario Dawson said in an interview she felt bad for the character and asked QT to change it, but that QT doesn't even let people change the word 'the'

toggletoggle post by SinisterMinister at Sep 25,2007 1:18pm
Too bad the movie isn't Meh Proof. This flick is lackluster at best, especially being viewed after Planet Terror. The movie is all based off a lot of bad dialogue. Rosario Dawson sucks as an actress, yet she keeps being put in good movies(with the exclusion of Clerks 2, which sucks in a way so bad that I can't spend more time already in midst of another rant).
I went in with such high hopes of Kurt Russel being a much stronger character than he was. And for the whole 30 min. long chase scene... Why wouldn't you just put the brakes on and let that bitch back in the car.

Two thumbs way the fuck down.

toggletoggle post by DaveFromTheGrave  at Sep 28,2007 6:06pm
SinisterMinister said:
Too bad the movie isn't Meh Proof. This flick is lackluster at best, especially being viewed after Planet Terror. The movie is all based off a lot of bad dialogue. Rosario Dawson sucks as an actress, yet she keeps being put in good movies(with the exclusion of Clerks 2, which sucks in a way so bad that I can't spend more time already in midst of another rant).
I went in with such high hopes of Kurt Russel being a much stronger character than he was. And for the whole 30 min. long chase scene... Why wouldn't you just put the brakes on and let that bitch back in the car.

Two thumbs way the fuck down.

when I saw that movie, these two assholes at the front of the theater got pissed off at all the dialogue and walked out of the theater swearing 5 minutes before the chase scene started. That actually made the movie for me.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Nov 30,2008 4:34am
Posting in an old thread.

Negative 5 billion stars, if I wanted to listen to women who were actually men talk bullshit for a few hours I'd hang out with pre-op trannies.

toggletoggle post by todayistheday nli at Nov 30,2008 4:43am
i liked it a lot but I also thought why couldnt they just stop the car the nine times they got away from him and let her back in!

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Nov 30,2008 5:33pm
There are about thirty different movies I'd rather watch that pull off what Death Proof tried to do way fucking better.

Way to completely miss the fucking point of a grindhouse movie; oh wow, you're really innovative in switching up the gender roles in an exploitation flick! I'll totally pretend I never saw "I Spit on Your Grave", plz in yr next movie can you cock it up some more with another pointless fucking animu segment so everyone can get their rocks off on how much more they get retarded weeaboo throwaway culture than anyone else in their peer group?

toggletoggle post by titd nli at Nov 30,2008 5:52pm
you mad bro?

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Nov 30,2008 6:10pm
OH U MAD?

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 2,2008 8:26am
The black chick in Death Proof was my roommate's girlfriend in college.

But yeah, Planet Terror was waaaayyy better.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 2,2008 10:39am
i haven't seen this, but nothing about it is interesting to me. there is no way in Hell it can even compare to Planet Terror, so nuts to this movie.

toggletoggle post by rbss at Dec 2,2008 11:02am
Death Proof was great, way better than Planet Terror in my opinon.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Dec 2,2008 12:55pm
Josh_Martin said[orig][quote]

BACKED.

Death Proof was ok at best.
the cars were cool, some of the chicks were hot, the final chase scene, and the very end of the flick was interesting.

but there was way too much annoying, pointless, mind-numbing dialogue.

not to mention artfag Tanrentinos (i honestly don't care if i spell his name wrong) obsession with doing close ups on feet......feet are disgusting, and he always manages to do a close up on the broad with the biggest, ugliest, manliest tree climbers in the whole cast.

toggletoggle post by c.DeAD at Dec 2,2008 1:16pm
orgymf@work said[orig][quote]
Josh_Martin said[orig][quote]

but there was way too much annoying, pointless, mind-numbing dialogue.

Especially in the second movement. I fucking hated those broads, I wish they met the same fate (if not worse) then the previous.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Dec 2,2008 4:44pm
couldnt get into death proof, planet terror was fucking great

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Dec 2,2008 4:46pm
oscarct said[orig][quote]
couldnt get into death proof, planet terror was fucking great

Planet Terror is one of my favorite gore flicks.
so much splatter.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][11:38:38am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.01418 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]