New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> decent sized venue in the worcester, ma area? by calamityspills on Sep 5,2007 8:11pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by calamityspills at Sep 5,2007 8:11pm
does anyone know of a decently sized venue in the worcester, ma area? the night i am looking for the qvcc is booked, the youth center said no and so did one other place i tried. i might have to resort to the roller kingdom, but i don't want to have to. has anyone been to bender's bar? thanks a lot if anyone knows anything.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Sep 5,2007 8:25pm
bender's is a regular bar/grille place but one side is dedicated to a dance floor/show area. i know they've done a show or two there in the past but i don't know how they fared or if the management would be interested in doing more heavy shows. the roller kingdom might be your best bet, but if you check some of the vfw's and american legions you MIGHT have some luck(i've tried em all before and they claim not to do it, but if you know the right people i'm sure they'll hook you up)

toggletoggle post by calamityspills at Sep 5,2007 8:29pm
hmmm, do you have the number for benders? my friend and i just tried calling every number listed online and they all dont work haha. and yeah unfortunately i might be stuck with the roller kingdom. i have a venue setup right now, but there won't be enough room i realized. its a cool place, but not for a show like this.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 5,2007 8:37pm
i heard Gilrein's opened back up again. might be booking heavier stuff now.

toggletoggle post by calamityspills at Sep 5,2007 8:46pm
hmm thanks i will call them too.

toggletoggle post by calamityspills at Sep 5,2007 9:31pm
alright, well now i need a venue by tomorrow, so pretty much just give me a shout on every venue you've known to do shows in eastern MA. thanks everyone.

toggletoggle post by calamityspills at Sep 6,2007 2:54pm
i tried all the benders numbers i received and they all say out of service. its weird haha, does anyone have it?? thanks it is much appreciated.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 6,2007 3:20pm
i wouldn't count on Benders, that place is part of the college stretch of bars on Park Ave.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Sep 6,2007 3:25pm
Try Trance Buddha.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 6,2007 3:29pm
the Trance Buddha hasn't been open for years. unless something changed.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Sep 6,2007 3:35pm
what about the worcester ymca?
(unless thats the youth center...)
i think they ran a few shows.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Sep 6,2007 4:16pm
Yeti said:
the Trance Buddha hasn't been open for years. unless something changed.

Plus it was terrible, and infested with Rick ta Life.

toggletoggle post by calamityspills at Sep 6,2007 5:07pm
its pretty sad that there are basically no venues left. the ymca i'm pretty sure is the youth center. roller kingdom doesn't let you call them to ask, so i'm awaiting an email. i have to call an american legion back after 5:30, but not positive how its going to turn out. so any more options is definitely cool. thanks a lot so far haha.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Sep 6,2007 6:16pm
if roller kingdom doesn't let you call them how'd the guns up show move there like two days before it happened?

toggletoggle post by calamityspills at Sep 6,2007 6:20pm
yeah, thats the weird part about it, my friend who books there fairly often says they only let him book saturday shows. but yet righteous jams played sunday and it was scheduled that week, i might just harass them. the show in my opinion is pretty worth it.

toggletoggle post by calamityspills at Sep 6,2007 6:48pm
alright, they told me they're not doing any shows right now. anyone have any ideas now? =/

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Incipit Epic Blood Letting
[default homepage] [print][7:30:26pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.02090 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]