New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> What's Your Price? by FuckIsMySignature on Aug 14,2007 12:26pm
Add To All Your Pages!
What's Your Price? - usless poll
1$100
2$1 Million
3$100 Million Billion
4A Cheeseburger
5I have too much integrity to Sellout
6Not Important
7Fuck you
no vote

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 14,2007 12:26pm
After getting older (and broker) I've been pondering the motivations behind bands and band members that give in to the temptation of changing their music to be accepted more by the masses. If a record company handed you a massive life-changing check for $____ under the condition that you would have to mold your music to their desired tastes would you be able to pass on it?

discuss.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Aug 14,2007 12:28pm
In addition to one hundred million billion dollars, I would require frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 14,2007 12:31pm
I've always had this idea to start a pop band... get huge and make shit ton of money and then one day do a huge concert at Disney world but play merciless death metal to scare all the teenie boppers in to crying for mommy.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Aug 14,2007 12:35pm
You would probably be too complacent by the time it got to that point.

toggletoggle post by NoodleFace at Aug 14,2007 12:40pm
If you do that with a pop band you'll never get to the point where you just don't feel like making anymore money.

If I knew I could be signed and make decent money I'd do it for a damn cheeseburger.. as long as it's not a McDonald's sawdust burger

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 14,2007 12:45pm
i just couldn't see myself doing something like that. being broke does suck, but within that i've maintained my dignity as best as i could. i'd like to make money someday, but i want to do it through hard work so that when i'm looking at a fat bank account, i feel like i accomplished something. i want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and know i didn't go against my principles for the sake of money. it just seems so wrong.

toggletoggle post by JDDomination   at Aug 14,2007 12:47pm
FuckIsMySignature said:
I've always had this idea to start a pop band... get huge and make shit ton of money and then one day do a huge concert at Disney world but play merciless death metal to scare all the teenie boppers in to crying for mommy.

my vocalist Dan had a similar idea once. He thought we should start a poppy boy band and get really famous and shit then put on a highly anticipated concert that would be aired on ABC or something. Then when the cameras would roll and all the girls are screaming for us, halfway during the first song we'd kill ourselves on stage. That would really fuck up a lot of young girls. ha!

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 14,2007 2:57pm
i'd sell my sell soul for a jelly donut.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Aug 14,2007 3:02pm
dude... seriously... you dont have to like it if you had the chance to sell out. think of it as a job you can actually put your soul into. selling out is acceptable. seriously. if you were handed 1 million dollars to record an album of wussy songs and tour the country for a couple years (without really having to spend the money you got and adding to it as you go along)... you would totally do it. thats more than you would make in 20 years for the most part. not to mention you would travel and get to fuck around 90% of the time. anyone that says they wouldnt do it is either a liar or really really really really fucking stupid.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Aug 14,2007 4:43pm
As long as I was making at least what I make now, I'd sell out. Like Spaldino said, you can consider that your gay work band. Then do side projects that don't suck.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Aug 14,2007 4:57pm
I voted 1 million. I'd sure like 1 million dollars.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 14,2007 10:33pm
largefreakatzero said:
As long as I was making at least what I make now, I'd sell out. Like Spaldino said, you can consider that your gay work band. Then do side projects that don't suck.

thats exactly what i was thinking. i was waiting to see who said it first.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Aug 14,2007 10:51pm
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said:

Is that the price of one million Thai pre-teens?

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Aug 14,2007 11:02pm
There's too big a gap between 100 and a million.

It would depend on how long the contract would be for.. but i'd do it for less than a mil.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 14,2007 11:08pm
Lamp said:

no these...

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Aug 14,2007 11:11pm
Hahahaha

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Aug 15,2007 9:12am
Lamp said:

If it is, then I'm going to the wrong vacation spots.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:click here to get internet 5.0
[default homepage] [print][9:45:27am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01258 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]