New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Were you the kind of kid that... by xmikex on Aug 7,2007 3:41pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Aug 7,2007 3:41pm
Were you the kind of kid that would invite your friends over to play video games and then give them the bad controller on purpose? Because you're an asshole if you did.

Am I wrong?

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 7,2007 3:42pm
No, but i was always the poor bastard who got the bad contoller.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Aug 7,2007 3:44pm
FuckIsMySignature said:
No, but i was always the poor bastard who got the bad contoller.

plus 1

toggletoggle post by Jared_The_zompire  at Aug 7,2007 3:51pm
xmikex said:
Were you the kind of kid that would invite your friends over to play video games and then give them the bad controller on purpose? Because you're an asshole if you did.

Am I wrong?

Yup. But I always got the same thing in return. My theory was "my game and system. so i get the better controller".

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Aug 7,2007 3:52pm
It was God's system Jared, you were just playing it.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Aug 7,2007 3:53pm
Seriously, what a shitty thing to do. And kids like this always try to pass it off like you're not going to notice when the B button sticks, or you have to jam down on the left button, or there ISN'T a C button. Like you're not going how strange it is that you're suddenly losing 43 - 2 in Base Wars.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Aug 7,2007 3:53pm
Niccolai said:
It was God's system Jared, you were just playing it.

Here here!

toggletoggle post by Jared_The_zompire  at Aug 7,2007 3:57pm
Well god gave it to me!

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 7,2007 3:59pm
noo takesies backsies!

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Aug 7,2007 4:40pm
Of course I have! Who wants their friends to have a better chance at beating you?

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Aug 7,2007 4:43pm
I got the shitty controller OR I'd get inviterd to play a game that I didn't own or played often (usually a fighting game or first person shooter) So I'd get my ass handed to me to the point where I'd just be like, "Isn't it easier to set the game on Easy and just go to town?"

toggletoggle post by TheFilthyFrenchman at Aug 7,2007 4:43pm
the best was telling a sibling that they were playing and giving them a controller but then just playing one player yourself

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Aug 7,2007 5:10pm
I was the rotten prick who invited my friends so I could kick their ass with my NES Advantage controoler (turbo... on).

Though sometimes we'd play Contra or Ikari warriors and I wouldn't kick their ass... I'd just kick better ass.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Aug 7,2007 7:23pm
I was the kind of kid who went to other kids houses and played their video game systems by myself.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Aug 7,2007 7:24pm
I was the kind of kid that would invite my friends over, only for them to find that I had nothing but single player games which I would proceed to play while they watched.

toggletoggle post by JDDomination   at Aug 7,2007 7:34pm
I use to tell my brother and my cousins to go down the hole below the screen in Super Mario Bros. because there was an extra life down there, suckers!

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Aug 7,2007 7:37pm
I was a kid that played video games all day, then when my friends came over and played our set, I was jealous when it wasn't my turn.
And whether my friends were visiting me, or I was visiting them, whoever owned the system would try to tell whoever was playing what to do and get mad if they didn't do exactly what you told them.
"Get the power-up! Get the power-up!"
*Kid doesn't bother to get the power-up*
"Hey you didn't get it! This is my Nintendo, so you have to do what I say!"

In middle school I had a couple of friends who liked playing fighting games like Mortal Kombat, which I was never good at, and would insist on having me play them, just so they could kick the shit out of me. I had to keep asking over and over for them to show me how to do certain moves and they'd show me one, and before I could figure it out, they were whooping my ass again. And if I did figure it out, I would keep using that move until I won, and they would get mad for not giving them a chance.

toggletoggle post by boine nli at Aug 7,2007 8:19pm
if i knew i could beat them i would take the bad controller and then bitch about it as i beat them in the game

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Aug 7,2007 8:38pm
I hated playing with the kid who would pause Super Mario Brothers 1 with the first controller non-stop while I played as Luigi.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Aug 7,2007 8:48pm
BornSoVile said:
I hated playing with the kid who would pause Super Mario Brothers 1 with the first controller non-stop while I played as Luigi.

Hahaha, I remember that shit, my friends would do that to me too! Fucking drove me nuts!

toggletoggle post by Dwellingsickness at Aug 7,2007 8:51pm
my friends caught on kinda quick to that scam, So they always used to bring over their own controllers

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 7,2007 9:03pm
wow todd, you had other friends back then that could afford pong?

toggletoggle post by Dwellingsickness at Aug 7,2007 9:38pm
colecovision bitch

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Aug 8,2007 9:41am
JDDomination said:
I use to tell my brother and my cousins to go down the hole below the screen in Super Mario Bros. because there was an extra life down there, suckers!

I WILL KILL YOU.

Seriously, you have no idea how many times I fell for that.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Aug 8,2007 9:43am

INTELLIVISION FTW

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Aug 8,2007 10:35am
Dankill said:
I'd get inviterd to play a game that I didn't own or played often (usually a fighting game or first person shooter) So I'd get my ass handed to me to the point where I'd just be like, "Isn't it easier to set the game on Easy and just go to town?"

Yes. That was the 2nd worst. Especially when you'd ask what buttons serve what functions, and they tell you they don't know... even though they play the game every single day, and are clearly really good at it.

My little brother had this hockey game for Sega Saturn. It was a decent game, and I was usually bored so he'd ask me to play once in a while. Not only did he stick me with the bad controller, but he'd insist he didn't know what buttons did what even though he was pulling off one-timers and all kinds of ridiculous shit. I was playing it like it was NHLPA 94 for Genesis because I didn' t know any better. He'd have Pavel Bure scoring like 12 points a game against me, and every time he did it he'd yell (in the Milosh voice from Seinfeld) "ANOTHERRR GOAL FOR PAVEL!!!!!!" I finally got decent enough to beat him once in a while (bad controller and all) at which point he conveniently lost interest in the game.

toggletoggle post by JDDomination   at Aug 8,2007 10:43am
let me explain: when a young kid's brain is fixed on the screen with a video game on, the only response to anything you ask them is "I don't know". The person certainly does know what each button does, their brain just can't produce a thought while the game consumes their soul. TRUTH

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Aug 8,2007 11:08am
I don't buy that. The most buttons they had to memorize was 4 (SNES) and there's nothing complicated about that. One button passes, one shoots, one punches, one kicks, etc.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Aug 8,2007 12:33pm
I was always the kid who had people over to play video games, and they'd always somehow end up with the good control because I always forgot which is bad and which is good. I guess that's what ADD does to you.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 8,2007 12:45pm
ArrowHead likes Pie said:
I was the kind of kid that would invite my friends over, only for them to find that I had nothing but single player games which I would proceed to play while they watched.

hahaha i had a friend that did that, it annoyed the fuck out of me. he'd invite me over and then play Final Fantasy for hours and hours and hours without talking. needless to say i don't hang out with him anymore.

toggletoggle post by Dwellingsickness at Aug 8,2007 1:11pm
just for the record, IMO, this internet slang term "FTW" is fucking stupid. I have seen it pop up in tons of threads in the past few months, it is just really stupid.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Aug 8,2007 1:11pm
Yeti said:

hahaha i had a friend that did that, it annoyed the fuck out of me. he'd invite me over and then play Final Fantasy for hours and hours and hours without talking. needless to say i don't hang out with him anymore.

"Wow, great level break." *snore*

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Aug 8,2007 1:19pm
DestroyYouAlot said:
Yeti said:

2 words: Tony Hawk

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 8,2007 1:24pm
Dwellingsickness said:
just for the record, IMO, this internet slang term "FTW" is fucking stupid. I have seen it pop up in tons of threads in the past few months, it is just really stupid.

every single internet abbreviation is retarded. IMO is not excluded.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Aug 8,2007 1:45pm
Dwellingsickness said:

Try "old school sailor tattoo slang." Fuck The World. YOU = LOSE

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 8,2007 2:06pm
I didn't know what FTW was.. I thought for the worse

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 8,2007 3:51pm
Luckily I never had a bad controller, but I insisted on being Player 1. There was nothing more demeaning than having a guest in my home using Player 1, while I, the host, was bumped to the Player 2 spot. If a friend was coming over that was annoying when it came to video games, I just hid the 2nd controller. I would conveniently be playing a game already when he arrived, and said he could have the next turn...what he didn't know is that I was enabling Game Genie so there never was a next turn in most cases, haha.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 8,2007 4:03pm
MarkFuckingRichards said:
Luckily I never had a bad controller, but I insisted on being Player 1. There was nothing more demeaning than having a guest in my home using Player 1, while I, the host, was bumped to the Player 2 spot. If a friend was coming over that was annoying when it came to video games, I just hid the 2nd controller. I would conveniently be playing a game already when he arrived, and said he could have the next turn...what he didn't know is that I was enabling Game Genie so there never was a next turn in most cases, haha.

bastard.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 8,2007 4:10pm
FuckIsMySignature said:
MarkFuckingRichards said:

bastard.

He got what he deserved.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Aug 8,2007 5:27pm
xmikex said:
DestroyYouAlot said:
Yeti said:

2 words: Tony Hawk

Definitely did that with Tony Hawk. The 2 player game sucked, so usually we would take turns on single player. I'd just enable the cheats and let everyone watch me play for an hour.

I remember doing that shit with Zelda back in the day. "We'll take turns every time someone dies" ... meanwhile my turns would last an hour, and the other kids that didn't have the game would be dead in 2 minutes.

Heck, I STILL do this. My buddy came over the other night and got to watch me play a 40 minute game of Supreme Commander. He got bored and went home, I didn't care.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][9:40:10am Apr 27,2024
load time 0.01863 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]