Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Marduk - Rom 5:12 by Yeti on Jul 21,2007 7:48pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jul 21,2007 7:48pm
Marduk is one of those bands that hasn't changed its style drastically since day 1. they have always maintained that fine line between black and death, creating a weird black/death. i love the way they have progressed, from Dark Endless to Rom 5:12. this is the new vocalist, Mortuus, and he doesn't do a bad job at all. he is no Legion, but he can hold his own. there are parts where you can tell he did the vocals in a way his vocal cords disagreed with, but they don't detract at all. it isn't just another World Funeral or Plague Angel either, which definitely helps in attaining the vibe they worked for. i really like this, another solid release from a solid band. i will give this an 8.7.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Jul 21,2007 8:40pm
I actually liked this album far more than Watain's latest. I have to disagree on Arioch/Mortuus, I like his vocals a lot more than Legion and am really enjoying the direction the band has taken since adding him on Plague Angel.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Jul 21,2007 9:54pm
I love the old Marduk stuff, but ever since the horrid "Panzer..." and "La Grande..." albums I've kinda lost hope for this band. I've heard some good things about the new album though, maybe I'll check it out...

toggletoggle post by SlavonicIdentity at Jul 21,2007 11:18pm
I love everything this band has done. The new shit sounds killer.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jul 22,2007 4:01am
their strongest since "Heaven Shall Burn..."

Mortuus goes above and beyond.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jul 22,2007 11:31am
mortuus ain't got shit on mortiis

toggletoggle post by timjohn at Jul 22,2007 12:49pm
yeah this album has some sweet songs, but there are a few cuts that i just don't understand at all. like the one that starts off with a don henley style beat and then just plods along and sounds like a K.I.N.G. wannabe track. but that being said, there are some wicked sick tracks.

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Jul 22,2007 1:37pm
track 2 is my fav
cool album

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jul 22,2007 5:52pm
tracks 3 6 and 7 are mine. the guy from primordial fucking rules. and mortuus voice is just fucking filthy

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jul 23,2007 10:35am
whoa, i dont remember writing that. i was hammered and sitting in the middle of the woods on a wireless laptop. how kvlt.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jul 23,2007 1:10pm
Yeti said:
whoa, i dont remember writing that. i was hammered and sitting in the middle of the woods on a wireless laptop. how kvlt.

His router is in an owl's nest. SPOOKY.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Aug 11,2007 12:16pm
dude this album kinda rulez

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Aug 11,2007 12:21pm
Yeti said:
Marduk is one of those bands that hasn't changed its style drastically since day 1.

WHAT

THIS GROUP OF PASTY WHITE PEOPLE WERE ORIGINALLY A DEATH METAL BAND

toggletoggle post by CNV at Oct 13,2007 3:57pm
Listened to it last night and it is a breath of fresh air compared to there last few records which were basically all blasts... Well written and the imagery in the booklet is some great dark biblical art to accompany the music... Some fucking evil black metal the way it is supposed to be...

toggletoggle post by CNV at Oct 13,2007 4:06pm
Oh yeah, we got stoned and drunk listening to this last night and Chris from Martyrvore came to the conclusion that the name of the album is short for Romans 5:12 so we looked up the excerpt in the bible:
That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they have all sinned...

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 13,2007 4:51pm
whoa

toggletoggle post by morgirion at Oct 14,2007 7:12pm
legion > mortuus

by far

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 14,2007 7:50pm
that's some christian shit right there if i ever read christian shit. which i have and just did.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 14,2007 8:11pm
jesus ist krieg

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Oct 14,2007 10:50pm
Arioch/Mortuus>>>Legion

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Jul 31,2009 10:09am
So I gave up on Marduk after La Grande Danse Macabre, and I finally heard this album the other night. Maybe I was just stoned out of my gourd but this album fucking kills.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jul 31,2009 10:31am
i had no idea that on Accuser/Opposer the second vocalist is the guy from Primordial. that song Through the Belly of Damnation is devastating.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Jul 31,2009 10:44am
Ryan_M said[orig][quote]
I love the old Marduk stuff, but ever since the horrid "Panzer..." and "La Grande..." albums I've kinda lost hope for this band.

Whoa, whoa, whooooa

Panzer Division Marduk absolutely slaughters. Might be the closest thing you'll get to black metal grind.

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Jul 31,2009 11:11am
This album is 100% murderous chaos. Everything about this album is so well done you'll get cancer if you eat it.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jul 31,2009 11:16am
Panzer rips my face off everytime I listen to it

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][12:15:49am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.01339 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]