New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Check out my new bass amp!! by badsneakers on Jul 18,2007 12:09pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 18,2007 12:09pm edited Jul 18,2007 12:18pm

In the GBE 750, we've combined the tonal flexibility and aesthetics of the GBE 1200 in the convenience of a 750-watt, two-rack space design. The preamp section is dual channel: one FET and one 12AX7 tube. Each offers our unique 5-band active EQ for enhanced musical response. These channels can be individually selected or mixed together via a 5-button footswitch (included). This footswitch also accesses our Signal Shape circuit offering tonal enhancements for Low Frequency Extension, Mid Scoop or High Frequency Attack.

The tonal options are endless - from articulate, quick punch to tube warmth and growl. Incredibly, it delivers the same long list of features as the GBE 1200, with the exception of the chassis details and rated power. The GBE 750 also includes our exclusive POWERFLEX feature, which optimizes the amplifier and power supply sections to deliver near full power at 4 ohms and complete long-term power stability at 2 ohm operation.

FEATURES • Active/Passive Input Stage
• Signal Mute Switch
• Tuner Out (also a rear panel Tuner Out)
• Independent FET and 12AX7 TUBE Channels
• Active 5 band EQ Section on each Channel with Two Shelving and Three PeakingNetworks
• Channel Select and Channel Mix Switches (Footswitchable)
• Channel O/L LED’s
• Signal Shape Circuitry
w/L.F. Extend, Mid Scoop, H.F. Attack all Adjustable (Min. – Max.) and Footswitchable
• Unique “Soft Limit” Circuit
• Comprehensive Amplifier Status LED’s • Master Volume
• Heavy-duty Toggle On/Off Switch
• Sleek, Ergonomic Amp Handles
• Sturdy 2 Space Metal Chassis
• Solid Aluminum Knurled Knobs on Premium Detent Pots
• Variable Speed Fan Cooling (thermally controlled)
• Heavy-duty 5 Button Footswitch (included)
• Weight: 33 lbs
• Dimensions:
19”W x 15”D x 3.5”H
REAR PANEL FEATURES:
• Tuner Out (Parallel with Front Panel Tuner Out)
• Comprehensive Direct Output Section w/ Pre/Post Switch, Attenuation Sw, Ground Lift Sw
• Three Effects Loops — Independent Channel and Global Loops
• Slave Out Jack
• Dual Speakonฎ Output Connectors
• POWERFLEX Impedance
Selector Switch
• Dual Voltage Switch
• Heavy-duty Toroidal Transformer

Power
Output Cabinet
Response Speaker
Configuration Preamp
Type Weight
Lbs. Dimensions
HxWxD
400 W/675 W/750 W
8 ohm / 4 ohm / 2 ohm N/A N/A FET/TUBE 33 3.5" x 19" x 15"

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Jul 18,2007 12:14pm
Excellent choice.

I would be buying something similar if I could sell my fucking hartke half stack.

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 18,2007 12:22pm
oh shit thats a big picture!

I ordered it from musiciansfriend.com it was a scratch and dent sale item. I opened the box and its mint so yay for saving a few hundred dollars

I have 4 days of studio time booked with Presley starting on Saturday so I'll soon see how much I like it!

toggletoggle post by Anthny at Jul 18,2007 12:36pm
Great amp! Def. something I seriously considered before going with my Ashdown. I'd like to own a Genz Benz as well someday.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jul 18,2007 12:48pm
Niccolai said:
Excellent choice.

I would be buying something similar if I could sell my fucking hartke half stack.

how much are you looking for that? maybe i could get carlos to buy it off you, he needs a new one.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Jul 18,2007 12:53pm
I'm asking 500, I'm open to offers though. it's a vx3500.

I know 500 bucks is a little steep, but I paid over 800 for it after sales tax and shit.

Sorry to jack the thread badsneakers.

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 18,2007 4:00pm
Niccolai said:
I'm asking 500, I'm open to offers though. it's a vx3500.

I know 500 bucks is a little steep, but I paid over 800 for it after sales tax and shit.

Sorry to jack the thread badsneakers.

jack away make the sale happen

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 18,2007 4:02pm
Anthny said:
Great amp! Def. something I seriously considered before going with my Ashdown. I'd like to own a Genz Benz as well someday.

I actualy sold my Ashdown ABM500 EVOII to get this. I loved the ABM it had just to many issues! Best sounding amp I had played through.
I'm giving the Genz it's first run tonight!

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 24,2007 6:29pm
I have decided I don't like the sound of this amp.. it's going back

now what?

I guess I may go back to an Ashdown ABM500 EVOII
:/

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Jul 24,2007 8:37pm
why dont you like it?

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Jul 24,2007 8:38pm
badsneakers said:
I have decided I don't like the sound of this amp.. it's going back

now what?

I guess I may go back to an Ashdown ABM500 EVOII
:/

I have that same Ashdown. It exploded when we moved back to a basement practice space but after I got it fixed it has been 100% reliable. Done lots of gigs in this past year with it.

What don't you like about the sound of the GB?

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 24,2007 8:59pm
My bass amp cost me 500 total for the head and 4x10. I've played with the gain up so much it's pretty much broken the speaker, but it still sounds awesome.

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 24,2007 9:25pm
It has a lot of tone options just none that I was looking for. You can get a real clean piano type tone, real musical and it has a tone of low end. While I knew it wasn't a tube head I still thought I could get a good tube like sound out of it since it had a tube pre amp.
I was in a recording studio over the past three day and just couldn't get a usable sound out of it. I ended up using a Sunn Model T

I pretty much wanted to be able to get the sound of my old Ashdown with the GBE since the ABM had proved to be un-reliable. I'm gonna get another Ashdown

toggletoggle post by Anthny at Jul 24,2007 9:44pm
Hmm lemme do some research first but would you be interested in a trade? I wanna try the GBE and your description makes it sound appealing. I love that clean, sparkling modern tone and I think you're saying it excels at that. Do you have a warranty? My Ashdown is a rackmount and it has the chrome face.

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 24,2007 9:55pm
It is under Warranty when I received the amp the FET channel was not working just the tube channel. They would replace it with another one or I can exchange it for another amp which is what I intended to do. I wouldn't mind a trade but it wouldn't be able to be even... this amp is a little more $$ then a new ABM and its brand new under warranty and all that shit.

toggletoggle post by Anthny at Jul 24,2007 9:58pm
Eh well if you still wanna trade after you get it fixed or exchanged let me know. I'm about to go on tour and don't feel comfortable with an amp that's not already 100% functioning.

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 24,2007 10:01pm
cool I'll let you know

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Jul 24,2007 11:22pm
i wish i had a Sunn :(

toggletoggle post by joshtruction   at Jul 24,2007 11:33pm
If you like the sunn stuff I'd look into the fender bassman 300 pro. It's pretty much a sunn reissue and it kicks all sorts of ass. Probably the best sounding head I have ever played.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Jul 24,2007 11:34pm
i played on a fender bassman combo and it fucking rips and sounded awesome. how much do they usually go for?

toggletoggle post by joshtruction   at Jul 24,2007 11:38pm
thegreatspaldino said:
i played on a fender bassman combo and it fucking rips and sounded awesome. how much do they usually go for?

the combo has nothing on the 300 pro head. I think the head goes for like 1300. I seen one at daddy's not too long ago used for 850 and it was pretty mint.

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 24,2007 11:41pm
Yeah I was just looking at one of those might give it a go.

I also own a Traynor YBA 200 it has been in the shop for what seems like for ever..

I have been having shit luck

Maybe I'll order up the Fender 300 this week

toggletoggle post by joshtruction   at Jul 24,2007 11:43pm
badsneakers said:
Yeah I was just looking at one of those might give it a go.

I also own a Traynor YBA 200 it has been in the shop for what seems like for ever..

I have been having shit luck

Maybe I'll order up the Fender 300 this week

it probably has the warmest thickest bad ass ruble I have ever heard. I love original old school SVT's, but I'd take one of these or the original sunn model of it over almost anything.

I have a vintage traynor monoblock III that I am playing out of now. If I start playing in a band situation again as a bass player I will get the fender. If you get it, let me know how you like it.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][7:41:35pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.01330 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]