New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Photoshop help needed desperately by xmikex on Jun 8,2007 8:45am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 8,2007 8:45am
So I'm trying to send a shirt design to a screen printer. I scanned the shirt but the scanner was too small to get the whole design in there. So I went down to Kinkos to see if they had anything bigger. Of course they didn't, and the guy there said I should just scan it as two pieces and photoshop it together. Sounds simple enough. But now that I'm trying to connect the two it seems impossible. When I line one part up the other half of it is off.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Hell can anybody do this for me?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 8,2007 8:54am
yeah, if you have the shirt, why do you need to make it?

toggletoggle post by SteveOTB   at Jun 8,2007 9:03am
I think I know your problem. You're trying to scan a t-shirt and for you to get it precisely lined up could take you literally FOREVER. How big is this design? If it's 8.5x11 you should be able to scan it in a normal scanner unless it's like 11x17 and over. Which version of Photoshop do you have?

If you have CS and up here's a tutorial for Photo Merging that should help with your issue
http://www.cooljeba.com/tutorials/photoshop/photo_merge.html

Rev, my guess is he probably lost the origional artwork and needs to scan it in to make more t-shirts.

Also xmikex make sure to back your work up so that you may not have to deal with this problem in the future. Here's a moto I live by..."save early, save often". Basically save it everytime you do something so you don't have to do it again later.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 8,2007 9:09am
Yeah when the first batch of t-shirts were made I wasn't in the band. So of course nobody thought to save the original artwork.

I actually got it to work. I took the smaller half of it and rotated it like 3.2 degrees before I copied it over to the other file. It lined up nicely. Now my problem is that I don't think the image resolution is going to be good enough for the printer. They asked for 500 dpi or higher. Is there anything I can do?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 8,2007 9:09am
wrong, I was being a jerk.

he's probably not stretching the design on a board first either. remember, fabric stretches.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 8,2007 9:19am
so I adjusted the resolution, and cleaned it up a little bit. Would someone be willing to take a look at this for me so I don't embarass myself by sending it to the screen printers with some glaring mistake?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 8,2007 9:28am
I don't have any way to look at it now.

and mike, I think you wanted to use the pointer tool (V) and then click the "show transform controls" check box at the top. if you do that you can freely rotate things from their corners. Depending on the ps version, the disegn can "snap" to match things too.

toggletoggle post by allaboutrecords at Jun 8,2007 9:32am
the image should only need to be 300 dpi
i could burn the screen for u if u need
i just got a 4 color press and set up a print shop in bandstandlive

u can send it to allaboutrecords@aol.com if you want

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 8,2007 10:38am
yeah I re-read the email. 300 dpi. i was wrong.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Jun 8,2007 12:28pm
xmikex said:
yeah I re-read the email. 300 dpi. i was wrong.

INEXCUSABLE!

toggletoggle post by ben nli at Jun 8,2007 1:25pm
i need a photoshop CS serial number, can anyone help me out?

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jun 8,2007 3:06pm
ben nli said:
i need a photoshop CS serial number, can anyone help me out?

if it's for a mac, i may be of some service. if it's for a PC, no dice.

toggletoggle post by ben nli at Jun 8,2007 3:51pm
shit its PC
by the way, whgatever happened to that deathamphetamine art I payed you half for? still working on it?

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jun 8,2007 3:55pm
i actually saw your bassist on monday and let him know it's about 90% done, finally! sorry the long wait. you won't have to worry about paying for the rest of it because of my delinquency, haha. i'm hoping to have it finalized within the next few days.

toggletoggle post by ben nli at Jun 8,2007 4:06pm
i actually quit the DA to farm, but im still psyched to see the design!

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jun 8,2007 4:14pm
yeah i heard you quit, but i'll be sending you and scott a preview of the final artwork when it's done

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Enlightened Vamperotic Decomposition
[default homepage] [print][3:52:57am Apr 27,2024
load time 0.04257 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]