New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> great sob review from Scott by dyingmuse on Mar 20,2007 5:53pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Mar 20,2007 5:53pm

I know how much Scott knows about music seeing as his is just a perfect blend of unrehashed perfection with totally origional ideas.
All I have to say is, If you don't like said generes .....Don't fucking post your worthless fucking reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I reviewed your music, believe me it would not be much better. But because I don't like your music, I won't post a review of it, And proceed to bash it online!!!!

CUNT!!!!!!!!!!!

Updated 3/3/07
Added:

Shroud of Bereavement - Alone Beside Her (3/10, this record was kind of a bitch to review since I personally know some of the members of the band, some of them are from my own town in fact, and they are nice guys, but I have to approach this with 100% honesty. This is a gothic/doom metal band, influenced by stuff like early Anathema, My Dying Bride, Theatre of Tragedy, etc. Like a lot of the newer bands in this style, they try to marry the gothic doom with female vocals. Fairy vocals, that are often singing as a duet with the growling vox. This is extremely annoying here, and basically what you end up with is a growl part with simple doom guitars, then piano break with girl singing/talking, and so forth. Now, some of these songs are like 12-16 minutes long, and some of them are many years old though they seem to have been tweaked. Honestly, you should not be writing a song that long if you can't at least support it with some interesting material. In the end, this is another goth/doom-derived snoozefest kind of like the new November's Doom record. These guys work hard at this, they have been doing it for years, playing shows, getting releases out there, spreading the gospel...but there is no reason for me to even listen to this again when I could listen to Draconian or another similar band that is so much better. I'll put it simply: if you worship In Velvet Darkness They Fear to a fault, and anything that sounds even remotely similar, then you might just like this. Fairy vocals, plenty of keyboards, some violins, and pretty much nothing here that makes me feel remotely doomed, which is what I like to hear, in, you know, doom...)

You cry for bird's blood, but not for fish's blood. Fortunate for ones with voice. If the dolls also had voices, they would have screamed, 'I didn't want to become human.'
[user]chimerstry[/user] said:
Added:

<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Shroud</b> of <b style="color:black;background-color:#a0ffff">Bereavement</b> - <b style="color:black;background-color:#99ff99">Alone</b> <b style="color:black;background-color:#ff9999">Beside</b> <b style="color:black;background-color:#ff66ff">Her</b> (3/10, this record was kind of a bitch to review since I personally know some of the members of the band, some of them are from my own town in fact, and they are nice guys, but I have to approach this with 100% honesty. This is a gothic/doom metal band, influenced by stuff like early Anathema, My Dying Bride, Theatre of Tragedy, etc. Like a lot of the newer bands in this style, they try to marry the gothic doom with female vocals. Fairy vocals, that are often singing as a duet with the growling vox. This is extremely annoying here, and basically what you end up with is a growl part with simple doom guitars, then piano break with girl singing/talking, and so forth. Now, some of these songs are like 12-16 minutes long, and some of them are many years old though they seem to have been tweaked. Honestly, you should not be writing a song that long if you can't at least support it with some interesting material. In the end, this is another goth/doom-derived snoozefest kind of like the new November's Doom record. These guys work hard at this, they have been doing it for years, playing shows, getting releases out there, spreading the gospel...but there is no reason for me to even listen to this again when I could listen to Draconian or another similar band that is so much better. I'll put it simply: if you worship In Velvet Darkness They Fear to a fault, and anything that sounds even remotely similar, then you might just like this. Fairy vocals, plenty of keyboards, some violins, and pretty much nothing here that makes me feel remotely doomed, which is what I like to hear, in, you know, doom...)

永久链接 引用

pennyadren 说...

2007年 3月 3日, 14:34 chimerstry said: Fairy vocals, that are often singing as a duet with the growling vox.

I stopped right there.

Coming soon... TOXIC REVENGER
FANTASTIC CHILEAN POWER METAL FROM POWERLAND
[user]pennyadren[/user] said:
[user]chimerstry[/user] said: Fairy vocals, that are often singing as a duet with the growling vox.

I stopped right there.

永久链接 引用

chimerstry 说...

2007年 3月 3日, 14:42 Eh, it's sad, but that stuff does have a market...well, not really when you have 16 minute long songs with growls and dull music.

Shroud of Bereavement is better than Evanescense though.

You cry for bird's blood, but not for fish's blood. Fortunate for ones with voice. If the dolls also had voices, they would have screamed, 'I didn't want to become human.'
Eh, it's sad, but that stuff does have a market...well, not really when you have 16 minute long songs with growls and dull music.

<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Shroud</b> of <b style="color:black;background-color:#a0ffff">Bereavement</b> is better than Evanescense though.

永久链接 引用

pennyadren 说...

2007年 3月 3日, 14:49 The band name sounds like something METAzrael came up with after eating one too many tofu burgers. (;

Coming soon... TOXIC REVENGER
FANTASTIC CHILEAN POWER METAL FROM POWERLAND
[user]pennyadren[/user] said:
The band name sounds like something METAzrael came up with after eating one too many tofu burgers. (;

永久链接 引用

chimerstry 说...

2007年 3月 3日, 14:51 Hahaha, the band name is pretty much derived from My Dying Bride song titles, just like their song titles which are taken from My Dying Bride and Opeth songs.

Hahaha, the band name is pretty much derived from My Dying Bride song titles, just like their song titles which are taken from My Dying Bride and Opeth songs.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 20,2007 5:57pm
who is this scott fellow and why did he write this about SOB?

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Mar 20,2007 10:11pm
I know who wrote it, but out of respect to said party, I won't release any names. I'm pretty pissed off that he'd do this, I've known him for better then 10 years...

this is HORSE SHIT!

I understand not liking some bands, but to openly rip us apart on a message board, what-the-fuck-ever! I liked his band, to an extent, they were good at what they did, and had some talented members, but for the record, I liked their songs better when Pestilence and Kreator wrote them the first time around, sorry, but it's true.

cheers!

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Mar 20,2007 10:20pm
dreadkill said:
who is this scott fellow and why did he write this about SOB?

ditto

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Mar 20,2007 10:25pm
wow.....weak.

SOB rules.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 20,2007 10:54pm
DreamingInExile said:
I know who wrote it, but out of respect to said party, I won't release any names.

said party was pretty disrespectful to you guys, so he doesn't deserve the respect you're giving him by not releasing his name.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 20,2007 10:55pm
it's not like anyone on this board would go fight the guy for posting that review. this is rttp, not hell within.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 20,2007 10:59pm
i know who it is now. i always thought that guy was cool. it's too bad he wrote that shit. he could've found a better way to say he didn't like it.

toggletoggle post by Neverpurified  at Mar 21,2007 12:50am
not as funny as when i make fun of you guys

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Mar 21,2007 1:00am
Yeah Kyle, at least you are funny when making fun of your favorite band!!!! lol

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Mar 21,2007 8:50am
dreadkill said:
said party was pretty disrespectful to you guys, so he doesn't deserve the respect you're giving him by not releasing his name.

I guess I'm not like him and refuse to put him in the spotlight over this. I've given enough clues as to who he is, and I'm sure that if/when he sees this, he'll jump to his own defense and let himself be known.

Just because he's not man enough to inform us of a review he wrote just makes it that much more worthwhile to not put him in the spotlight.

at least if I was going to write a review, I'd tell said band about it and share it with them FIRST!!!!!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 21,2007 11:16am
i agree with you, mark.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Mar 21,2007 12:03pm
in all actuality, we can't all expect everyone to write a good review, but...

1.) this review could have been more mature, insted of making us look like a bunch of 3rd graders (this is what pisses me off most about the review, not that it was bad, but the way it totally fucking trashed on us) (remember, Kreator and Pestilence did it, and still do it, MUCH BETTER then you)

2.) said reviewer should have come to us with this BEFORE posting it, that would have been the mature thing to do, I mean, he says he knows us, why not get our opinion on the writing before posting it...

3.) I'm not gonna let this bother me, but next time someone asks me about his band I won't bullshit around the topic, I'll get straight to the point on what I think of it, not what I think of him, but what I think of the music.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 21,2007 12:07pm
all good points. the 3rd grader shit is what really sucks. i would have no problem with someone giving my band a bad review as long as it wasn't insulting. it's not that difficult to say you don't like something without making fun of it. then again, i've made fun of my fair share of bands in posts on rttp over the years, so i'd deserve an insulting review.

toggletoggle post by babyshaker nli at Mar 21,2007 12:09pm
thats pretty lame i enjoy SOB and you guys are super nice people both past and present members. like i said before LAME

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Mar 21,2007 12:32pm
people these days just dont understand how to give contructive criticism.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Mar 21,2007 12:35pm
exactly.

if it were constructive criticism I'd be fine with it, but the way he outright ripped us apart is what pisses me off!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 21,2007 12:47pm
I wonder if I know this person.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Mar 21,2007 12:51pm
yeah, you do... you've shot his band, more then once, and he used to be a regular here on the board.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][9:21:58am Apr 27,2024
load time 0.04069 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]