New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Now Iran is angry at the US for.........300. Yes, the movie. by powerkok on Mar 13,2007 10:40pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Mar 13,2007 10:40pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17599641/?GT1=9145

This is pure gold, right here.

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Mar 13,2007 10:44pm
intolerant persian-islamic assholes. Just another reason why we should turn their desert into glass

toggletoggle post by yummy at Mar 13,2007 10:51pm
Yeah, that's the best idea.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Mar 13,2007 10:52pm
I just saw a special on desert glass last night on N-geog.

Iran would be pretty as glass. And quite valuable.

Although this glass was made by a comet...we could make like, at least cubic zirconia.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 13,2007 10:53pm
fucking crybabies

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Mar 14,2007 1:43am
Iran is a country where people are publicly executed in some of the most horrific ways, simply for violating religious rules, and they're upset because a movie makes them look bad? WTF is wrong with them? I've seen videos online that are actual footage of the public executions in Iran, and they make Iran look far worse than the movie 300 could ever do.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Mar 14,2007 2:50am
the whole point of the comic (and movie) is to show the valor of enlightened free men in the face of tyrannical zealots.

So yeah, fuck Islam.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 14,2007 8:21am
Alright let's break this down

“Hollywood declares war on Iranians,” blared a headline in Tuesday’s edition of the independent Ayende-No newspaper.

I wonder if Iranians will be surprised when everyone who reads this gives an irritated shrug and says to themselves "Jesus Christ, can these towelheads go 5 seconds without declaring war on something?" Are Arabic people as sick of hearing this as I am? I gotta know.

Still, it touched a sensitive nerve. Javad Shamghadri, cultural adviser to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, said the United States tries to “humiliate” Iran in order to reverse historical reality and “compensate for its wrongdoings in order to provoke American soldiers and warmongers” against Iran.

In all fairness to the Persians (of 5th century BC... not the suicide bombing cunts of today) Xerxes was not a bad ruler at all. In fact he, and his father Darius were relatively compassionate rulers. When they'd take over a new territory they never imposed any governmental, religious, or philosophical beliefs on anyone. They let people run their states their own way, and believe whatever they wanted, so long as they paid tribute to the empire. This is in considerable contrast to the middle eastern worlds today which are notorious for imposing beliefs, lifestyles, and everything they can on whoever they can (most often by force) no matter how irrational, or how much people hate it. In fact, it's been argued that the only reason Xerxes is villified at all is because he burned Athens, and burned it out of a grudge.

However, we're hardly talking about a reversal of history in a movie like 300. The Greeks were defending themselves, and they way that they went about doing it was amazingly heroic. It was that heroism, and determination on the part of the Greeks that was the inevitable downfall of the Persians, which I think is part of the real issue here.

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Mar 14,2007 9:16am
Afterall, the persians depicted in 300 were before mohammed so technically that makes them infidels. Why are these assholes in dirty night shirts mad again?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 14,2007 9:20am
ALLAH AKBAR!!!

toggletoggle post by pam   at Mar 14,2007 11:59am
Hahah, I heard about this on the news last night. Hilarious. I bet they were stoning a woman to death for exposing her ankle while they were bitching about this, too.

toggletoggle post by aeser   at Mar 14,2007 12:09pm
while i understand to a degree iranians being pissed as they're depicted as bastards in this movie, it is not historicly inaccurate, the persians were imperialistic assholes who repeatedly invaded greece as well as much of their neighboring territory. they're mainly pissed that they don't come off looking cool in it. they can't deny history. but it's a fucking hollywood movie, they always bastardize the "bad guys".

iran is also the country which produces ridiculous anti-israeli cartoons aimed at kids, which comicly depict jews being horrible evil monsters, and as much as i disagree with the actions of israel, i mean, it's the exact same fucking thing.

which leads to the larger issue, like with that belgian comic depicting mohammed with bombs strapped to him that had muslims the world over freaking the fuck out saying "OMG YOU CAN'T DO THAT I KEEL YOU!!!", etc., the rest of the world is not subject to sharia law, and you can go fuck yourself if you think we're going to adhere to it. you can run your own country however the fuck you like, but especially with all the anti-western propaganda they spew, you kind of have no right to get all butthurt when someone does it back to you.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 14,2007 12:24pm
aeser said:
iran is also the country which produces ridiculous anti-israeli cartoons aimed at kids, which comicly depict jews being horrible evil monsters, and as much as i disagree with the actions of israel, i mean, it's the exact same fucking thing.

Exactly. It's the same superiority complex that they accuse the west of having. Sometimes it seems like they only time they're willing to emerge from their backwards regressive lifestyle into the 21st century is to formulate propaganda through the media, or build weapons.

toggletoggle post by SlavonicIdentity at Mar 14,2007 12:39pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 14,2007 12:40pm
de running of the jews!

toggletoggle post by HailAtWork at Mar 14,2007 1:24pm
A group of people are upset over their bad depiction and historical inaccuracies in a popular movie, imagine that. I'm sure no one here would bitch if the tables were turned.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 14,2007 9:56pm

toggletoggle post by ctb0rderpatrol at Mar 15,2007 12:50am
HailAtWork said:
A group of people are upset over their bad depiction and historical inaccuracies in a popular movie, imagine that. I'm sure no one here would bitch if the tables were turned.

yeah, kinda like how the average history lesson in america teaches us that white men are slave owning imperialistic people, yet conviently leaves out the barber slave raids in which arabs enslaved europeans and africans alike, raiding the coasts purportedly as far north as iceland

toggletoggle post by tomx nli at Mar 15,2007 2:53am
HailAtWork said:

hey, assface. you love these batshit insane muslims so much, go move to iran and see how long that ugly empty head of yours stays attached to your body.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Mar 15,2007 3:22am
tomx nli said:
HailAtWork said:

hey, assface. you love these batshit insane muslims so much, go move to iran and see how long that ugly empty head of yours stays attached to your body.

Seriously. They really treat women well over there...I'll buy your plane ticket.

toggletoggle post by reverend_cziska at Mar 15,2007 3:26am
Geesh. The mouth on his broad.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work and will always be NLI at Mar 15,2007 3:29am
horse choker

toggletoggle post by yummy at Mar 15,2007 7:07am
I saw the movie last night. I thought it sucked. I guess I could see where they were coming from. Xerxes was a bit flamboyant, to put it mildly. I do find it funny that they were so offended by it.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 15,2007 8:35am
ctb0rderpatrol said:
HailAtWork said:

yeah, kinda like how the average history lesson in america teaches us that white men are slave owning imperialistic people, yet conviently leaves out the barber slave raids in which arabs enslaved europeans and africans alike, raiding the coasts purportedly as far north as iceland

Factual history: the arch nemesis of big mouths

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Mar 15,2007 9:01am
HailAtWork said:

You really do fucking hate America. I am truly convinced that you would be utterly pleased to see a mushroom cloud over our country at the hands of filthy arabs in dirty night shirts - hell, you should move there. But then again you can't smoke weed there and you'd be in a burka, your marriage with a man 40 years your elder would be arranged for you and if you didn't bleed on the white sheet on your wedding night....well, then you'd be killed because that would mean that you weren't a virgin.

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Mar 15,2007 1:20pm
aeser said:
while i understand to a degree iranians being pissed as they're depicted as bastards in this movie, it is not historicly inaccurate, the persians were imperialistic assholes who repeatedly invaded greece as well as much of their neighboring territory. they're mainly pissed that they don't come off looking cool in it. they can't deny history. but it's a fucking hollywood movie, they always bastardize the "bad guys".

that's exactly the point... it's the story being told from the POV of the spartans..
if the movie was reversed and called " the persians" the greek ppl would be all pissed off...

toggletoggle post by HailAtWork at Mar 15,2007 2:52pm
The amount of objectivity you people lack in any area concerning the middle east is astounding...how about looking at things from a wolrd view for once instead of this patriotic America-is-the-best bullshit attitude.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Mar 15,2007 2:56pm
HailAtWork said:
The amount of objectivity you people lack in any area concerning the middle east is astounding...how about looking at things from a wolrd view for once instead of this patriotic America-is-the-best bullshit attitude.

No offense, but you of all people shouldn't be criticizing others for having a one track mind.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Mar 15,2007 3:01pm
My favorite part about her rant is where she takes the side of the Moooooslems in Iran in regards to the historical inaccuracies of 300. Did you forget that Iran is run by a guy who not only openly denies that the holocaust happened but hosted the first ever 'holocaust deniers convention'. Talk about historical inaccuracies. I didn't say anything untrue about the Islamic Republic of Iran in my last statement, by the way. You would be in a burka, your marriage would be arranged (or you'd be sold), you would not be able to smoke your bud (or even drink alcohol) and if you didn't bleed on your wedding night, you are murdered in what is referred to as 'honor killings' - look it up. The funny thing about being sold is that my cousin in Iraq gets asked by his Iraqi Army buddies all the time "how much did you pay for her" when they see a pic of his wife.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 15,2007 3:18pm
why is everyone so surprised every time HTL posts something groundless and asinine?

toggletoggle post by tomx nli at Mar 15,2007 3:21pm
Yeti said:
why is everyone so surprised every time HTL posts something groundless and asinine?

because it's infuriating she hasn't been murdered yet.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 15,2007 3:23pm
haha fair enough

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 15,2007 3:53pm
HailAtWork said:

You haven't presented a solid fact yet other than pointing out there were historical inaccuracies in the movie. No shit... you mean that fat guy with the axe blades for hands that decapitated the general wasn't real? Goddamn, I could have sworn I saw him in my 8th grade history book next to Benjamin Franklin. Anybody who even watches the history channel knows this film was about 50% historically accurate. You haven't had a decent rebuttle to any of the numerous (and I have to say varied) factual responses that have been offered to your criticism. All you've done is prove you're capable of calling people patriotic meatheads. I'm unimpressed.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 15,2007 3:56pm
reverend_cziska said:
Geesh. The mouth on his broad.

For some reason that sent me into a fit of laughter.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 15,2007 4:05pm
I like how you either have to be a gung-ho american or wearing a burka. THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND GO WEAR A BURKA LIKE THE FUCKING FRENCH MUSLIM BULLSHIT.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Mar 15,2007 4:16pm
I'm not gung-ho American. I question a lot of shit we do. I'd love to "cut and run" on this bullshit war... But that doesn't change the fact that she is an idiot.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 15,2007 4:19pm
oh yeah, takes one to know one.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Mar 15,2007 8:31pm
rev, you're a feisty one.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 15,2007 8:40pm
eh, it's more like on some points HTL and I (and a lot of people on this board) agree. when I post things, they are ignored or there is healthy debate. when HTL posts them, everyone gots off and calls her a Krazi Wacko Liberal Kunt. which may be true 99% of the time, but she might actually be posting something that isn't about bio-disel, killing US soldiers, or not girls not shaving their arm-pits.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Mar 15,2007 8:50pm
I'm going to make myself a target-I agree with HTL on some issues. People should start to realize that there are grey areas on issues. I know what you mean though. If you're not a republican you must be a liberal. If you're not a democrat you're pro-war, greed, corruption, and bigotry. I would like to think that majority of the people on this board are none of the above.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 15,2007 8:53pm
that sounds like liberal talk tree hugger.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Mar 15,2007 9:10pm
to you it would

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Mar 15,2007 10:35pm
the_reverend said:
I like how you either have to be a gung-ho american or wearing a burka. THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND GO WEAR A BURKA LIKE THE FUCKING FRENCH MUSLIM BULLSHIT.

From what I remember, the French moooslems were turning over and burning cars because they felt as if the french gov. wasn't sensitive enough to their ways and means. As for the hard line Islamic Republics (i.e. Iran - as I was speaking of) there is NO middle ground. The middle ground involves stoning or beheading. Sharia law is a motherfucking bitch - and that's what I was referring to in regards to HTL's bleeding heart understaaaanding and sensitivity towards their gripe with the movie 300. Again, wanna talk about historical inaccuracies? How about how the president of Iran and the cum guzzlers in the Madrasas who teach the little impressionable young-future jihadists that the holocaust didn't happen. That shits real life, it ain't no fucking big-budget hollywood movie with a sci-fi twist.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 15,2007 10:40pm
what about japanese schools that don't teach about the war? they are alll fucked, who gives a shit.

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Mar 15,2007 10:45pm
you're right. There are a lot of fucked up cultures who teach a twisted view of history and reality, the only difference is that they don't fly planes into buildings singing ALLAHU AKBAR! I wonder if they ever will run out of virgins?
The Japanese don't need to teach about the war, the just look at their mutated genitals caused from the nuke-u-lar fallout and realize that in their history there, shit hit the fan.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Survival Enemy Christ
[default homepage] [print][2:27:12am May 09,2024
load time 0.05624 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]