New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> anyone interested in starting/joining a heavy metal band?? by paganmegan on Jan 22,2007 9:16pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Jan 22,2007 9:16pm
I have wanted to start a project in the vein of judas(fucking) priest, iron maiden, wasp, accept,mercyful fate, running wild, attacker, artillery, warlock... think thrashing heavy metal so I want to see who else out there is interested. It would start out as a just for fun jam thing, since I don't have a ton of time on my hands, but it would get to be a more serious band depending on the results of said jam.
Anyways, I would do vocals (and write some of the riffs) so would need :
2 guitarists (tipton/downing-esque effect)
bassist
drums
shoot me a message if interested. it would be cool if this saw the light of day

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Jan 22,2007 9:33pm
Henry from Mortis Deveia would be perfect for this kind of project. You should contact him and see if he has the time.

toggletoggle post by Beorht-Dana  at Jan 22,2007 10:07pm
I might be into playing bass for this, as long as it's not going to be really serious. Dreaded Silence is my priority right now.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 22,2007 10:19pm
paganmegan said:
I have wanted to start a project in the vein of judas(fucking) priest, iron maiden, wasp, accept,mercyful fate, running wild, attacker, artillery, warlock... think thrashing heavy metal so I want to see who else out there is interested. It would start out as a just for fun jam thing, since I don't have a ton of time on my hands, but it would get to be a more serious band depending on the results of said jam.
Anyways, I would do vocals (and write some of the riffs) so would need :
2 guitarists (tipton/downing-esque effect)
bassist
drums
shoot me a message if interested. it would be cool if this saw the light of day

me, loki, and metal george are starting a mercyful fate/king diamond tribute band for next halloween. you should play guitar for it. we still need to find a drummer.

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Jan 22,2007 10:22pm
I kinda want to be a part of something like this. Where are you thinking about practicing?

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Jan 22,2007 11:04pm
As you well know, I'm interested!

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 22,2007 11:05pm
Count me in

toggletoggle post by Al Ravage at Jan 22,2007 11:49pm

toggletoggle post by blue  at Jan 23,2007 12:01am
i hope this pans out for you, this sounds sweet.

ive always wanted to start a total nwobhm worship band, but never have found enough people interested.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Jan 23,2007 6:58am
lemme know if you need bass!
I play with a pick though, as you know
(but then so does ian hill)

toggletoggle post by passerby at Jan 23,2007 8:32am
I would love to start a band. I play guitar and like maiden and have transportation. Let's do it! I know a bass player that's as baddassed as steve harris and provided you can play the guitar(shred, sweeps, harmonies, etc and you're not a hack), he'd love to get on board with this. Let me know and I'll give him a call.

toggletoggle post by paganmeg at Jan 23,2007 3:36pm
Hey e-mail me: pagan666leo@yahoo.com
To be clear, I want to do vox for this and for guitars only be involved in writing
It could turn into a serious band if it works out well
Let's do this!

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jan 23,2007 3:43pm
I'd be interested in this as a side project. we could use my jamspace in Haverhill if we needed a place to jam. and yeah, contact Henri form Mortis D. he rips it up on guitar!

toggletoggle post by passerby at Jan 23,2007 3:57pm
Are u interested in a rhythm guitarist and bass player. Yeah let's do this

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jan 23,2007 3:58pm
BAHAHAHAHAHA, this from a person that doesn't know who King Diamond is?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... funniest thing I've read all day

toggletoggle post by passerby at Jan 23,2007 4:12pm
Please refrain from maligning me as i try and look for a band. Connections and quality musicians are tough to come by. By the way-Was does king diamond have to do with 80's metal anyway. Buzz off.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jan 23,2007 4:13pm edited Jan 23,2007 4:13pm
passerby said:
By the way-Was does king diamond have to do with 80's metal anyway. Buzz off.

wow

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jan 23,2007 4:19pm edited Jan 23,2007 4:19pm
passerby said:
By the way-Was does king diamond have to do with 80's metal anyway. Buzz off.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this kid's really got no knowledge of the 80's, does he?

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Jan 23,2007 7:02pm
Al Ravage said:

hell yes

toggletoggle post by paganmeg at Jan 25,2007 10:04am
there needs to be more classic styled, heavy fuckin metal. Especially in Boston

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jan 25,2007 10:06am
paganmeg said:
there needs to be more classic styled, heavy fuckin metal. Especially in Boston

agreed!

toggletoggle post by passerby at Jan 25,2007 10:18am
I'm still interested if you are. also I'm startin a band too. If you check out my post, let me know what you think of the formula which I've devised. You really may be interested!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by JDDomination   at Jan 25,2007 10:31am
message sent, meg

toggletoggle post by passerby at Jan 25,2007 10:33am
are you sending me a message?

toggletoggle post by JDDomination   at Jan 25,2007 10:40am
is your name meg? Dont be disappointed if you dont get a message.

toggletoggle post by passerby at Jan 25,2007 10:59am
I get called alot of things. Just checkin. Do you mean Meg as in Megin. Is this a girl. Wow, i didn't know chicks got into metal. I thought they were usually reserved for large gangbangs. I guess it's cool though.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jan 25,2007 3:16pm
I'd be all over this but 1 band is enough for me.

toggletoggle post by mOe @ work at Jan 25,2007 3:21pm
passerby said:
I get called alot of things. Just checkin. Do you mean Meg as in Megin. Is this a girl. Wow, i didn't know chicks got into metal. I thought they were usually reserved for large gangbangs. I guess it's cool though.

Jesus Christ, this has gotta be a gimmick

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Jan 25,2007 3:23pm
passerby said:
I get called alot of things. Just checkin. Do you mean Meg as in Megin. Is this a girl. Wow, i didn't know chicks got into metal. I thought they were usually reserved for large gangbangs. I guess it's cool though.[/QUOTE/]

i dont even know her.. and i can promise you this chick knows more about metal than you you fucking stupid faggot

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Feb 20,2007 9:20pm
Attn : Anyone who wants to work on this heavy metal project:
I'd like to jam on Saturday afternoon if possible. Please respond here, send me an e-mail, etc. pagan666leo@yahoo.com
I want to make this happen

toggletoggle post by Dar  at Feb 21,2007 3:06am
Meg, if you make this happen and you promise to serenade me with a WASP cover I'll be on the first plane back to Boston!

BUMP!!!

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Feb 21,2007 3:48am
Dar, you and I need to start that duo we were talking about...

you know the one....

toggletoggle post by paganmeg at Feb 21,2007 1:44pm
So Dreaming in Exile and Dana: are you guys able to do jam on saturday? A drummer e-mailed me and could be a possibility to check out on saturday..
We still need one more guitarist.

toggletoggle post by paganmeg at Feb 21,2007 1:46pm
Dar said:
Meg, if you make this happen and you promise to serenade me with a WASP cover I'll be on the first plane back to Boston!

BUMP!!!

Of course. I'd be happy to serenade any helpless victims with Animal. That song must be covered

toggletoggle post by paganmeg at Feb 21,2007 3:16pm
rock hard ride free
Some fuckin heavy metal !!

toggletoggle post by Dar  at Feb 21,2007 9:01pm
paganmeg said:
Dar said:

BUMP!!!

Of course. I'd be happy to serenade any helpless victims with Animal. That song must be covered

Haha, Animal....! I think ON YOUR KNEES might make me happier, though. It's just so easy to picture you bellowing "ON YOUR KNEES, THAT'S WHERE YOU ALL SHALL BE!"

When you make it huge with this project, you'll have to credit my car stereo in your liner notes

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Feb 23,2007 12:28am
So many WASP songs, so little time

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 23,2007 8:16am
Passerby and I are starting our own heavy metal project. It's gonna sound like Mercyful Fate meets Saigon Kick. He's playing the lute. I'm playing a pastrami sandwich. Get with it.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Feb 24,2007 1:42am
bump for heavy metal

toggletoggle post by paganmeg at Jun 2,2007 11:23am
I'm resurrecting this because it has yet to happen, and dammit, the music world needs more straight forward fuckin heavy metal. so come on!!!!

toggletoggle post by OCR  at Jun 2,2007 11:30am
are you a heavy metal hunter

toggletoggle post by THE SENTINEL at Jun 2,2007 11:52am
i would be interested, but i need to get 50% of all royalties and i would have to write 75% of the music. you can still write vocals/lyrics.

toggletoggle post by paganmeg at Jun 2,2007 2:54pm
THE SENTINEL said:
i would be interested, but i need to get 50% of all royalties and i would have to write 75% of the music. you can still write vocals/lyrics.

har har piss off

toggletoggle post by dj death at Jun 2,2007 3:00pm
I wish i wasnt in 4 or 5 bands already.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Jun 7,2007 1:36am
wow, mr popular

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jun 7,2007 8:30am
Meg, when should we try to piece this together? I'm still down, and we can always use my jamroom for practicing/writing, the only night that we can't use my jamroom is wednesdays (when shroud practices) other then that, the schedule for the room is wide open

toggletoggle post by PaganMegaN   at Jun 8,2007 3:41pm
Cool that you are still down to do this. Have you talk to the drummer possibility lately?? Whenever you're free, let me know. i have plenty of song ideas, and right now enough time to get this started

toggletoggle post by TROLL at Jun 11,2007 10:02pm
??????????

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Barbed Sonic Cock
[default homepage] [print][5:52:20pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.01936 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]