New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Tell me if this sounds fucked up to you by Messerschmitt on Dec 29,2006 8:31am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 29,2006 8:31am
last year my work gave us x-mas bonuses in the form of some type of 401(k) contribution. it was like a grand or something. as far as i know, i don't have 401(k). i never signed up for it nor do i want it. so naturally i found out who the 401(k) company was and contacted them asking if i could cash out. they e-mailed me back saying to ask my boss about it? now, i've had 401(k) before and as far as i know, i was the one in charge of my account. so, i went into my bosses office and told her i could use the cash right now to fix my car and she basically laughed and said i couldn't touch it.
they did the same bonus this year. again i never signed anything. does this sound like something i could take to a lawyer?

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 29,2006 8:33am
they could either give me the cash or wipe their ass with it as far as i could give a fuck. i don't want 401(k). and from what i can remember, having 401(k) effects your taxes?

toggletoggle post by awol  at Dec 29,2006 8:40am
money put in 401K accounts isn't taxed until you withdraw it, so you won't get taxed on it now. You should be able to take the money out but you have to pay some crazy ass tax (about 25% I think). Fuck the bitch, take the money and run. Sounds scammy though, I don't think someone can open a 401K account in someone else's name......in reality you probably got jack shit for xmas

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 29,2006 8:44am
that's what i thought. no one else had the balls to go into her office and say anything though. they're all just smiling and taking it. for some of the people though, it's a good thing but for me it isn't. i bet they get some kind of tax break for doing it.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 29,2006 9:01am
i got a bottle of non alcoholic cider for an xmas bonuses. frankly i'd rather have the fake 401(k)

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 29,2006 9:15am
There should be a way to monitor your 401k and check out what's going on in it. Have one of the other guys with 401k's look and see if there's actually new money in there. Is this a small business too? $1,000 each sounds like a fucking lot for a bonus.

FuckIsMySignature said:
i got a bottle of non alcoholic cider for an xmas bonuses. frankly i'd rather have the fake 401(k)

haha

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 29,2006 9:18am
yeah, i'ts a small business. i think i can access my account myself and see what's going on in it. i did that last year and the money was in there. just couldn't get it out?

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 29,2006 9:20am
You should be able to cash in your 401k.

toggletoggle post by awol  at Dec 29,2006 9:24am
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said:

just go straight to the company that the 401K is hosted through, your boss shouldn't need to be involved

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 29,2006 9:25am

i know. i even e-mailed the company and told them i wanted to. i think something fucked up is going on here. i wonder if i should bring it to a lawyer.
they use to just give us money. it was taxed but it was still good. now it's money i can't touch. wtf.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 29,2006 9:33am
i found the email reply they sent to me:

You must have a qualifying event to close your account such as
termination of employment. Please speak with your plan administrator

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 29,2006 9:36am
this is from their site:

is a third party administrator, providing high quality compliance and administrative services for 401(k) and other tax qualified retirement plans. Skilled in plan design we provide the best features and content to ensure each plan has identified and met the goals of the business.
Third party administrators are an integral part of keeping retirement plans a major part of the future retirement security of American workers. We make it possible for employers to safely navigate the myriad legislative and administrative issues involved in providing plans for their employees. But not all third party administrators are alike.

We deliver our services using a vertically integrated model, assigning each client to a dedicated consultant, ensuring responsiveness and attention to the questions and issues unique to each business. With state-of-the-art systems, alliances with all major vendors and record keeping organizations, we provide the right service, with the right touch, for the right cost.

We provide design, installation and administration for all defined contribution plans, cross tested plans, 412(i) defined benefit plans and others

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 29,2006 9:38am
Lame. How much would a lawyer cost, though?

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 29,2006 9:43am
Lame. How much would a lawyer cost, though?

that's my whole thing. i don't want to have to pay for a lawyer. but i do have an old friend (lawyer) that might just check it out for free and tell me what he thinks. i'll probably bring what i have to him. i just logged into my account and there's almost 2 grand just sitting there. i could really fucking use that right now and i don't trust this 401(k) shit as far as i can throw it. never have never will. i'd rather put my money in a CD or something.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 29,2006 10:33am
What if you call these jokers on the phone and get a different person or something? Maybe in the end if they're still fucking around you can mention that you'll get a lawyer if you need to (I don't know if they'd care, though).

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 29,2006 10:36am
i should try that. i'll put on a maniac voice and let them know i know where there office is... seriously. fucking kikes.

toggletoggle post by awol  at Dec 29,2006 10:40am
is it a profit share maybe? I had one of those and I couldn't legally touch the money until I quit. So I did

toggletoggle post by silvio at Dec 29,2006 11:06am
why don't you ask Hitler for the money you nazi DOUCHE?

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 29,2006 11:38am
silvio... that was awesome

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 29,2006 12:36pm
Yeah, it sounds fucked up to me

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][7:33:04am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.01199 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]