New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> looking for indoor skatepark in the.... (and don't suggest Skater's Island) by Troll on Dec 19,2006 7:35pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 19,2006 7:35pm
....MA/RI area (not willing to drive any further west of Worcester though)
Don't really care if theres even a descent street course.
A good mini ramp is basically what I'm looking for.

Anyone?

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 19,2006 7:36pm
all the ones i knew of closed.

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Dec 19,2006 7:36pm
skaters edge in taunton. Place is dope. Sweet bowls too

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 19,2006 7:38pm
I'll look into it.
Thanks

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Dec 19,2006 7:40pm

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 19,2006 7:42pm edited Dec 19,2006 7:47pm
I wish the 8-Ball in Bellingham never closed. I liked that dusty old hole in the wall. Especially their awkward wooden bowl.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 19,2006 7:49pm
Troll said:
I wish the 8-Ball in Bellingham never closed. I liked that dusty old hole in the wall. Especially their awkward wooden bowl.

that shithole was like 5 minutes from my house

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 19,2006 7:51pm
Joshtruction said:
http://www.skatersedgeinc.com/

I don't really like big popular/populated skateparks but, its no more than a 45 minute drive for me so I'll probablly go check it out.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 19,2006 7:57pm
KeithMutiny said:
Troll said:

that shithole was like 5 minutes from my house

No shit?
I use to go there alot when I came to visit family in the area. Some of the "localz" were fuckin' cunts though. Thought they owned the place.
I didn't really give two shits I'd just snake em' anyways.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 19,2006 7:59pm
i only went like 5 or 6 times, i didnt hang out there.

skatings for pussies.

i ride BMX street, thats where its at

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 19,2006 8:05pm
Isn't staying on top of a bike a lot easier than staying on a skateboard?

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 19,2006 8:07pm
I find both kinda hard but, I can stay on top of a girl for hours.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 19,2006 8:09pm
Well then.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 19,2006 8:11pm edited Dec 19,2006 8:11pm
i hurt myself more often on a skateboard, but way more seriously on a bike.

in the end, they both suck.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 19,2006 8:11pm
I never got into BMX/Street. Seems crazy to do all those tricks with a heavy ass piece of steel under your nuts. Gotta respect it.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 19,2006 8:12pm
I didn't think of the nut-factor. BMX wins.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Dec 19,2006 8:15pm
i love both but fucked up my knees skateboarding more. so now i just bmx like a motherfucker when my bike isnt getting stolen.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 19,2006 8:18pm
this is gonna turn into a poll.

just as long as there none of them damn rollerblading faggots in here

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Dec 19,2006 8:19pm
KeithMutiny said:
rollerblading faggots

hahahahahaha i bet aaron rollerblades

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 19,2006 8:21pm
I've been skateboarding since I was 9 and miraculaously I've never really suffered any serious immediate injuries but its the long term shit is catching up with me. My knees and Spine are fucked.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 19,2006 8:22pm edited Dec 19,2006 8:22pm
W3 nli said:
KeithMutiny said:
rollerblading faggots

yep, he does, that backpack is for his rollerblades, theres no camera equipment in there.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 19,2006 8:22pm edited Dec 19,2006 8:22pm
W3 nli said:
KeithMutiny said:
rollerblading faggots

Shhh. He's got a scooter gang

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 19,2006 8:30pm

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 19,2006 8:32pm
it would be worth the drive....

if you ever end up going up to hampton beach in the summer definitly make time for this place.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 19,2006 8:35pm edited Dec 19,2006 8:37pm

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 19,2006 8:38pm
rollerblades < rollerskates

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 19,2006 8:38pm
daaaaaaaaaaaamn

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 19,2006 8:51pm
xanonymousx said:

Been there done that.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 19,2006 8:58pm edited Dec 19,2006 8:59pm
I'm just looking for some place were I can hear some bad speed metal and breath in some masonite dust without a bunch of teenyboppers around to annoy my grumpy old ass.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Dec 19,2006 8:59pm
do they put shows on there

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 19,2006 9:07pm
where at rye airfield?

they had a few shows there before.
i know for a fact they had a thursday show there

give them a call and see if they are willing to do something
you may want to talk to nels... but i'm not too sure.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 19,2006 9:09pm
http://www.ryeairfield.com/sessions_pricing(rentals).html

you might have to rent the park out for a private session too.. but i have no clue since i only been there a few times

toggletoggle post by espresso at Dec 20,2006 12:33pm
Troll said:
I'm just looking for some place were I can hear some bad speed metal and breath in some masonite dust without a bunch of teenyboppers around to annoy my grumpy old ass.

*laughs her hass off* Grumpy old ass... grumpy, maybe... old, not soo much.

That's all I had...

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 20,2006 12:35pm
the only skate park i know of in the Worcester area is Skaters Paradise in Shrewsbury, but as far as i know thats the local haven for 14 year olds. if its even still open.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Dec 20,2006 12:41pm
Yeti said:
the only skate park i know of in the Worcester area is Skaters Paradise in Shrewsbury, but as far as i know thats the local haven for 14 year olds. if its even still open.

i remember when Sin Promo used to put on shows there

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Dec 20,2006 12:44pm
Troll, I didn't know you skated...

how many other people skate? We should get a RTTP skate-a-thon going some day.

I know Shawn from Porphyria skates too, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that beats their body into submission on a wooden plank. HAHAHA

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 20,2006 12:48pm
W3 nli said:
Yeti said:

i remember when Sin Promo used to put on shows there

thats right, i think we were supposed to play a show there but we either bailed or it was cancelled. not my idea of a quality venue.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Dec 20,2006 12:55pm
naw but it was cool, however one of the ones i went to they actually made kids stop skating while the bands played.

i thought that was lame, however i liked the idea of playing a good crust/grind show with a bunch of kids skating behind you.

fort wayne, indiana still has had the best set up ive seen out on the road followed closely by VaBeach.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 20,2006 1:24pm
2 pie(or however u wanna say it) was a cool place for shows and riding.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 20,2006 4:56pm edited Dec 20,2006 4:57pm
DreamingInExile said:

I know Shawn from Porphyria skates too, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that beats their body into submission on a wooden plank. HAHAHA

Me and Shawn use to skate alot together aswell as Dane Rand(Porphyria drummer). Shawn was pretty good on the transition but lacking a bit in the street. Dane wasn't real into it but he was aight, not sure if he even gets on a deck these days. Don't know if anyone remembers Anthony"Boozy"Jenkins the dreadlock drunk guy that hangs with that crew, but he was a fuckin' great skater too. I think I've seen some of the most talented skaters in NH. I've witnessed some great sessions @ Waterville Valley and the Meredith skatepark. Jim from Suicide Contest/The Profits is another solid skater worth mentioning.

Anyone see Eastern Border's "Behind the Iron Curtain" video?

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 20,2006 4:58pm
DreamingInExile said:

We should go to the 7th Lair Skatepark in Minneapolis!

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 20,2006 5:05pm
I used to skate all the time. Age and size caught up with me, and I would just kill myself if I tried now. I'm probably 80 lbs heavier than when I was in my skating prime. Any of you old RI fuckers remember the Skate Hut in Olneyville? I believe Fred Smith was part owner. Nice 6ft spine ramp and one scary-ass vert ramp. Dropping in on that for the 1st time was terrifying.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 20,2006 5:07pm
Andy, you could probably skate an S10 pick up truck!

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 20,2006 5:14pm
Ha -- yeah me and broken boards used to go hand in hand.

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Dec 20,2006 7:52pm
largefreakatzero said:
I used to skate all the time. Age and size caught up with me, and I would just kill myself if I tried now. I'm probably 80 lbs heavier than when I was in my skating prime. Any of you old RI fuckers remember the Skate Hut in Olneyville? I believe Fred Smith was part owner. Nice 6ft spine ramp and one scary-ass vert ramp. Dropping in on that for the 1st time was terrifying.

oh come on...im 6'6'' 240 and i still skate (break a shit load of boards though)

as far as parks...dont go near cape cod, but if you find a sweet one in MA lemme know

toggletoggle post by Farten_Dust at Dec 20,2006 8:43pm
Fuck,i haven't skated in months.

fatt matt's is a good place..mostly older skaters drinkin beers.Although you get the occasional pocket of young sticklers.

Canaan is a far cry from RI,however.

toggletoggle post by DrewBlood@Work at Dec 20,2006 9:22pm
used to skate way back in the day, but i lost it after i grew about six inches in one summer back when i was fourteen.

my legs just got too long :(

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 20,2006 9:30pm
http://www.ryeairfield.com/lifestyle(photos)thursday.html

photos from the thursday show are here.

toggletoggle post by Phillip nli at Dec 21,2006 12:59am
Nick Dompierre from New Bedford is about to go pro for Real Skateboards
dude killed it this year, a Thrasher cover, a Slap cover, tons of interveiws, ads, etc.

and I never go to them indoor parks, cause its always packed with some pac sun kids, or kids that are stuck up cause their nasty good but they never leave said park
I usually just skate some chill street spots where I dont have to kill myself jumping down stairs or go to the Fairhaven park

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 21,2006 8:53am
My_Dying_Bride said:
largefreakatzero said:

oh come on...im 6'6'' 240 and i still skate (break a shit load of boards though)

as far as parks...dont go near cape cod, but if you find a sweet one in MA lemme know

You are a braver man than I.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 21,2006 9:52am
So let me get this straight, there basically isn't shit for indoor parks in MA or RI ?

.....And by the looks of it theres equally as few outdoor ones.
WTF!?!

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Dec 21,2006 10:07am
Troll said:
We should go to the 7th Lair Skatepark in Minneapolis!

haha, just what I need a broken arm for the show on that Sat night. Dan would kill me.

once the weather breaks, we should rally a crew and go skate Boston, that would be sweet!

my only hope is at the tail end of last season when I sprained my ankle I did't do any permanent damage. it was like the size of a grapefruit after it happened at the outdoor park in Methuen. (shitty park, but it's fun)

I also skate Amesbury's outdoor park alot too, it's right down the street from Dan Robinson's new place, and it's got some sweet runs once you get the feel for it. only like 10 minutes from my house to boot.

I still prefer the natural terrain of street over parks, but a lot of the time I won't skate street unless I've got a group to skate with.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Dec 21,2006 10:11am
and troll, I think you mean the 3rd Lair (not 7th)

http://www.3rdlair.com/photos.htm

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 21,2006 10:20am
i remember when i use to skate from when i was like 8-12 years old, my friend's mom would drive us to the nearest skate park about 15 miles away but it was the best thing in the world for us. i'd get fucking wrecked but it was still awesome. now that i'm older, skate parks sprung up everywhere and i'm noticing more kids skating. that's pretty cool considering this new tech age or whatever. everything fun for kids is lazy now. motorized skooters, video games, and whatnot. everytime i see a kid on a board at the park, i want to steal it and go off ramps and shit but i'd kill myself now being 230lbs. haha.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 21,2006 10:26am
DreamingInExile said:
and troll, I think you mean the 3rd Lair (not 7th)

Woops my mistake!
Shit, haven't been there since 2001

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Dec 21,2006 11:07am
eh, no worries, I googled it, and came up with 3rd lair. place looks sick though.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][8:17:34pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.02456 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]