New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Does anyone know this painting by y_ddraig_goch on Dec 15,2006 8:26pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 15,2006 8:26pm
it's pretty famous, it's a painting of Jesus and some kind of demon whispering into his ear with a hand on his leg or something. I'm sure tons of bands have used it, I was wondering if anyone could post a good sized/quality picture of it. and if you know that painter that would be sweet.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Dec 15,2006 9:31pm
The answer is no, apparently.

toggletoggle post by SlavonicIdentity at Dec 15,2006 10:04pm
Where did you see it before?

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 16,2006 4:06pm
cd covers, and in a movie, and at the blind guardian concert.

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 16,2006 4:08pm
I think it is supposed to be of judas kissing jesus, but they paint judas as the horned devil kissing him

toggletoggle post by SlavonicIdentity at Dec 16,2006 6:05pm

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 17,2006 2:17am
this has been bothering me ever since i read this thread last night. i studied this painting in college, and of course now that i'm out i have no recollection of the name of the painter or the title of the painting. i know exactly what it is you're talking about, and i am hunting like a bloodhound on speed.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Dec 17,2006 2:27am
search google for anastasi. there's a picture kindof like what you described.

toggletoggle post by jesus loves at Dec 17,2006 3:50am

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 17,2006 3:53am edited Dec 17,2006 3:54am
I know what you're talking about too. It's a painting of Satan trying to tempt Jesus in the desert. I have no idea what the actual name of the painting is.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 17,2006 9:59am
Is this it?

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead NLI at Dec 17,2006 11:30am
Mills-Kronborg and Botticelli have both done many paintings about the temptation of christ. I'd explain further or try to help your search, but that picture above is starting to scare me. Anyone else wonder why MSD has so many pictures of naked men at his immediate disposal?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 17,2006 11:31am
Uh... because he's homosexual gentleman? I thought that was a given.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead NLI at Dec 17,2006 11:32am
RichHorror said:
I know what you're talking about too. It's a painting of Satan trying to tempt Jesus in the desert. I have no idea what the actual name of the painting is.

Yeah thats a tough one. It's called "temptation in the desert". It's not the picture he's looking for, though.

blah

blah

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead NLI at Dec 17,2006 11:33am
blah

blah

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead NLI at Dec 17,2006 11:36am
Okay, now that I've posted enough to get the dick of christ off my monitor, I'll try to be more helpful if I can.

I need more details. What style of painting is it, and are there any other details in the painting besides what you mentioned? The Kronberg frescos have a lot of pictures like the one you mention, but they're very simple and raw paintings that don't really strike me as a good album art like you mentioned.

for now, try browsing through this link. Theres a whole poopload of art with the same subject you mention, but I cannot guarantee that the image you want is in there.

http://www.textweek.com/art/temptation.htm

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 17,2006 11:54am
ArrowHead NLI said:
Anyone else wonder why MSD has so many pictures of naked men at his immediate disposal?

I only have many pictures of naked Jesus at my immediate disposal.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead NLI at Dec 17,2006 12:05pm
MSD, thats not what the priest meant when he said you should "give yourself to christ".

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 17,2006 12:09pm

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 17,2006 4:21pm
SlavonicIdentity said:
Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.precipicemagazine.com/images/gospel_of_judas.jpg

like that, but it is a demon instead of judas.

toggletoggle post by joey umbrella at Dec 17,2006 4:36pm

toggletoggle post by Yggvidrir at Dec 18,2006 12:18am
I wonder if this is it. I believe that this is an engraving, though, and not a painting. Perhaps this is not the art-work you are looking for.

http://catholic-resources.org/Dore/Luke04a.jpg

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Dec 18,2006 6:23am
ill give someone 250 dollars and an rj if they can find a large giovanni bilivert gallery on the net

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 18,2006 3:25pm
Now that I think more of it...

it is definatly exactly like the kiss of judas, only instead of judas it is a cheesy red, horned devil.

I want to say it is either a fresco, or an illuminated page, kinda like the book of kells.

this is bothering me terribly, I know a band has used it for their cover art, and I know it is in one of my nuclear blast catelogs somewhere.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Marked Carcinogenic Temple
[default homepage] [print][9:27:56am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.02916 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]