New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> line 6 spider III by xanonymousx on Oct 20,2006 2:20pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Oct 20,2006 2:20pm
what do you think about it....
i'm on a relatively small budget should i pick one up or should i wait till i get some more money?

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Oct 20,2006 2:23pm

toggletoggle post by mcmahon  at Oct 20,2006 2:24pm
we bought two setups earlier this year. not bad for plug and play. we've had to replace one amp head twice (free under warrenty). they are getting beat after loading/unloading for shows. other than that, we havent had any trouble with them.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Oct 20,2006 2:34pm
I'm guessing you mean the Spider II. The III just came out. I think they sound light years ahead of the II series.

toggletoggle post by mcmahon  at Oct 20,2006 2:37pm
oops! yup, i mean II.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Oct 20,2006 2:40pm
i know its nothing compared to a tube amp but you get tons of tones and its only around $400 for the head it self it seems like a good deal

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Oct 20,2006 2:41pm

toggletoggle post by blue  at Oct 20,2006 2:47pm
man, youve got to be kidding me.

people need to stop using the spider series heads. yeah, they sound halfway decent, but they cant get nearly loud enough without being miked. just save a little more and buy something thatll actually last you.

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Oct 20,2006 3:04pm
the best thing about that video is that the amp sounds like a wet turd on every setting.

toggletoggle post by mcmahon  at Oct 20,2006 3:10pm
we have the 200 watt heads, but rarely turn up over 1/2. haven't had any issues with not having enough power, though we mostly play mic'd.

we'll probably make the big jump up to an expensive tube somethingorother when the funds are availible.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Oct 20,2006 3:12pm
just buy used, there are tube heads out there that are a hundred or two more than the spider heads. used 5150s are in the 500ish range.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Oct 20,2006 3:13pm edited Oct 20,2006 3:16pm
nevermind i saw i used 5150 on ebay a week ago going for around 400 should i see if its still avalible

toggletoggle post by mcmahon  at Oct 20,2006 3:17pm
yah, thats what i was thinking. only problem i've seen is they really have to be screaming to get the right sound (this was on a 2x12 combo). i dont want to get into power brakes and all that garbage, so we'll see when these setups cave.

I have noticed that the presets are easily thrown out when the knobs are moved slightly. sooner or later the slightest vibration will screw things up. so it will probably end in frustration which makes me want the upgrade.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Oct 20,2006 3:19pm

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][11:29:59am May 07,2024
load time 0.01294 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]