New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Mad Fuckin' "real" Metal show this Friday at Rox's in Oxford, MA. by CANDY STRIPER DEATH ORGY on Jul 10,2006 12:49am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by CANDY STRIPER DEATH ORGY at Jul 10,2006 12:49am
That's right!! This is going to be a "real" metal show!! No metalcore or nu-metal........... Rox's in Oxford, MA. Friday night July 14th......... 21+

CANDY STRIPER DEATH ORGY
ZIRCON
GODLESS RISING
DOWNFALL
plus two others.........

Spread the word!! Show starts at 8pm!! It's only $7.00 to get in........

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jul 10,2006 12:55am
aren't the other two smite the righteous and scourge?

i'd totally be there if i didn't promise my sis i'd go to her lucky dog show and do backing vocals

toggletoggle post by CANDY STRIPER DEATH ORGY at Jul 10,2006 1:08am
Your sister is in a band? That's cool..........

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jul 10,2006 1:11am
she's in 2 bands actually...standard deviation(hard rock) and the deadites(hilarious schtick techno...best live band in woostah)

toggletoggle post by Thor at Jul 10,2006 6:49am
You should have a metal dress code that night. No jean jackets with 80's back patches, no addmission. And anyone that trys to go with out their 80's metal uniform, will be made fun, behind of their backs.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Jul 10,2006 7:32am
downfall is boring. good time to smoke a joint.

cheap beer.

lots of dumb nu metal kids go to this club.

nice little place.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 10,2006 1:18pm
I had to drop off this. I am sad.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 10,2006 1:20pm
sacreligion said:
aren't the other two smite the righteous and scourge?

We can't do it. Massive miscommunication due to my lack of internet and me swearing I told Chris to tell the guys and Chris swearing I didn't...Paul has to work.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jul 10,2006 1:26pm
pam, how are you online right now?

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 11,2006 12:25am
This ought to be a great time 'cause all of the nu-metal and metalcore kids should be at the Sounds of the Underground show.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jul 11,2006 1:09am
we miiiiiight be playing this

a couple sac-ers might be going to emperor but i'm not positive on that

toggletoggle post by CANDY STRIPER DEATH ORGY at Jul 12,2006 3:22am
I hope the sound system is good........... Can't wait to play with our metal brothers!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Jul 12,2006 3:30am
CANDY STRIPER DEATH ORGY said:
I hope the sound system is good........... Can't wait to play with our metal brothers!!!!!!!!!!!

play with volatile

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Jul 12,2006 3:31am
damn 21+, not that i'd have a ride anyways but one can dream.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Jul 12,2006 10:39am
CANDY STRIPER DEATH ORGY said:
I hope the sound system is good........

It's OK. Overkill for the venue though. leo from gorilla sound does the sound there. In a bar this size a band can easily play out of their instruments and just mic the vocals but he insists on micing everything and having people keep stage volumes low. And EVERYONE i have ever known to play there has complained about the monitors. Ususally bands sound bad at first but he gets it right after 3 songs into the set.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 12,2006 3:35pm
how far is this place from boston?

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Jul 12,2006 3:45pm
45 minutes to an hour from boston.

mass pike to 290 south (exit 10). 290 turns into 395 take exit 4 a or b I forget which but it's the one that says sutton ave oxford. 1/4 mile to center take left at lite (rt 12) club is about 2 miles ahead on left.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Jul 12,2006 4:06pm

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Jul 15,2006 1:12am
Mortalis - i missed them. i think i heard the end of the last song from outside.

downfall - this band bores me. sloppy drums that dont fit the music 1/2 the time. poor vox. either they get a little better during thier set or i get drunker. im thinking the latter.

scourge - this band was really fucking good. one of the more under rated bands i have seen lately. the guitar players where nasty. lots of breakdowns but is was not a metalcore band. definately DM with metalcore influence maybe.

godless rising - of course they where fucking awesome. little faster than the last 2 times i saw them. played a new song from an upcoming album on the new label. scott from zircon played the last two songs with them. he is going on tour with them i guess?

zircon - i had to lave 1/2 way thru the set due to shit to do at 7 am. they slayed as always.

CSDO - i wish i could have stayed. i have read so many mixed opinions for every one that hates this band some one else seems to like them. someday i'll get to judge for myself.

80 + onces of beer and a chicken select value meal from McD's and a double cheeseburger = i think i'm gonna puke.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jul 15,2006 1:05pm
tis a shame i was required at the lucky dog

toggletoggle post by PAUL GODLESS at Jul 17,2006 12:14pm
THANKS TO ALL THAT CAME OUT HAILS ...

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jul 17,2006 12:39pm
CSDO are great, and good guys too.

toggletoggle post by PAUL GODLESS at Jul 17,2006 6:09pm
YES. SCOTT FROM ZIRCON IS FILLING IN FOR OUR GUITARIST MIKE .AS HE CANNOT DO THE TOUR AT THIS TIME. I WANT TO SAY HAILS TO SCOTT FOR ALL HIS EFFORTS AND HIS DEDICATION TO THIS THANKS BRO...

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 17,2006 11:07pm
CSDO aren't trendy. Hence the mixed opinions

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][1:06:58pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.06912 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]