New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Another Video game Thread by hungtableed on Jun 7,2006 9:15pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Jun 7,2006 9:15pm
Games I have been hooked on lately:

Splinter Cell Essentials - psp (holy shit! - rediculous graphics and an ingenious game-play setup)

Budokai 3 - Ps2 (quite possibly the most fun I've had with a fighing game since I first played Soul Caliber for dreamcast)

Metal Gear Acid - psp (Turn based/rpg at its finest. I cannot wait to play Acid 2 which I hear comes with 3d glasses for an optional 3d mode)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - Ps2 (WTF! I lost my memory card for 3 days, so all that I have played of it is long lost)

Anyone play anything worth suggesting lately? I sure would kill for an XBOX360 so I can play Call of Duty and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter in motherfuckin HI-DEF. If you have one, I am jealous because it is obvious that you are more fortunate than me.

toggletoggle post by SACAPAPADOO   at Jun 7,2006 9:17pm
dude if you ever got into the elder scroll games you gotta try oblivion for the 360 its badass. and aparently 360's only cost $300 now

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Jun 7,2006 9:21pm
I have heard an aweful lot of positive feedback concerning Oblivion. It seems like the type of game that would consume you're every being once you get heavily rooted in it. Although I would probably kill for a 360, I think I am waiting for Ps3 so that I can get SOCOM Navy SEALs, because I know it will probably be the best game ever made. However, the new Brothers in Arms coming out for 360 looks retarded.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jun 7,2006 10:36pm
budokai 3 is really fun. not too deep, but really fun.

you guys need to play the right games. you seem to be playing the wrong ones.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Jun 7,2006 10:37pm
this is an old game but i've been playing it before work just to kill time.
RE2. i beat it at least 3 times a week, and all other games seem like crap before it.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 7,2006 10:52pm
yeah those dragonballz games are pretty entertaining...i love the new mortal kombat's though...i might just go play one now

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 8,2006 12:17am
I have an XBOX 360. I have Oblivion. It is boring as all hell. It's like an MMORPG that you are playing by yourself, except it's not fun.

I have thousands of games, I wouldn't know where to begin, but lately I've been enjoying Metroid Prime Pinball, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Rise of Legends (PC), Dead or Alive 4, Super Robot War Generations, and a pile of PSP games.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Jun 8,2006 12:53am
I'm currently in the middle of "Donkey Kong Country" on Game Boy Color.
It's a tough game, takes a lot of patience (for me anyway!)

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 8,2006 12:55am
The old one?

Sweet.

toggletoggle post by Man_of_the_Century at Jun 8,2006 8:27am
With the Budokai/Dragonball games, Budokai 3 is what you want if you are playing against a friend. If you want the better solo game, go with Budokai Tenkaichi. The controls (once you get used to it) are much easier, more characters than Budokai 3, and the fighting enviorment is unbelievable.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Jun 8,2006 9:41am
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
I have an XBOX 360. I have Oblivion. It is boring as all hell. It's like an MMORPG that you are playing by yourself, except it's not fun.

I have thousands of games, I wouldn't know where to begin, but lately I've been enjoying Metroid Prime Pinball, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Rise of Legends (PC), Dead or Alive 4, Super Robot War Generations, and a pile of PSP games.

psp has finally began, sometime not too long ago, releasing some exceptional titles. I got my psp last july/august and for the longest time there really wasn't that many games that were anything to get excited about.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jun 8,2006 10:22am
the DS is a better overall system... i suggest you get that and enjoy all of the oldschool goodness as well as all of the new games that are coming out. DS is the most fun you can have with a handheld. Mario Kart multiplayer alone is worth it.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 8,2006 10:31am
The DS has better games so far, true, but I can no longer agree that it is a better system. I used to feel that way, but I recently got the PSP, and damn, the screen on the PSP is beautiful and I find it more comfortable to carry, and I've got a lot of games that are really fucking sweet. Lumines, Me & My Katamari, Metal Gear Acid, Untold Legends, all a lot of fun, at least for me.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jun 8,2006 10:37am
power wise and presentation wise i guess the PSP is better... but much like the ps3... it all really boils down to actual gameplay and the games. sony focuses way too much on everything else that their hardware can do ontop of gaming and they sort of lose their grip on what really matters: PLAYING GAMES. i own 7 DS games and all of them are fun as balls to play. 4 of them are games you can never find on the psp because it simply cant do it. the other 3 are sequeals to GBA games and are like the GBA games but BETTER. 2 years into owning my DS and i have no regrets and i have never been happier with a system... ever. the only thing the PSP REALLY has on the DS is the fact that you can use it as an mp3 player. thats it.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 8,2006 10:46am edited Jun 8,2006 10:46am
I agree that it boils down to the gameplay. I actually own 20 DS games, and only 8 PSP games so far (though I just got the PSP like 3 weeks ago).

I guess we'll have to see what comes down the line. The DAXTER game is so damn sweet, far better than anything I played on the DS, but that's my type of game, so I am biased. And the Ratchet & Clank game.....I love that series so much...

They need a God of War and Psychonauts on a handheld.

I can't say I've been happier with the DS than I was with the GBA SP, that thing was great to carry and had dozens of killer games. But then again, it basically contains the SP within it, so the DS is a no-lose situation. I guess it's better to evaluate a system overall near the end of the cycle.

toggletoggle post by OldSchool at Jun 8,2006 10:47am
what about Hitman! i love that game, but its hard...

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 8,2006 10:47am edited Jun 8,2006 10:48am
Is Hitman out for the PSP? Oh wait, you meant in general.

Yeah I got the new one for my PC but I haven't loaded it up yet, too much on the backburner.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jun 8,2006 10:51am
that is true. i didnt own a DS game for my DS for like... 6 months because i had an SP before hand. PSP is just basically ports of ps2 games which is what annoys the crap out of me. the E3 psp lineup looked pretty decent. the best game i can see for the PSP in the near future is the new MGS game. not Ac!d but an entirely new MGS game. the DS lineup looked so much more satisfying. and thats just the new NINTENDO games that are coming out, let alone the 3rd party games. im probably gonna get a PSP later on when its cheaper. so i can have a portable SNES.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 8,2006 10:53am edited Jun 8,2006 10:54am
There are so many DS games that I have reserved with my gf. Cooking Mama, Harvest Moon DS, Phantom Hourglass, and so on.

Dude, the Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters game is DEFINITELY the PSP game to watch for, it is going to be fucking insane. With wireless multiplayer? Sick. I haven't the faintest idea why so many people overlook the Ratchet & Clank series, clearly my favorite franchise of all time except for Metroid and Zelda.

Ac!d and Ac!d 2 are both really cool, even if they are not traditional titles.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jun 8,2006 10:56am
i never got into that series. i tried the games and i just couldnt care about them.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 8,2006 10:58am edited Jun 8,2006 10:59am
Oh, man.........man............man..............................

The weapons are amazing. The levels, amazing. The combat, satisfying.

Man...........I could go on forever but I'd need a thread solely for that.

The music....subtle and epic.

And I am a fairly picky gamer.

Anyway, the first three are all godly. The four, Deadlocked, eh, it's alright, focuses really on the combat most of all.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][6:42:22pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.01428 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]