New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> June 1 - Boris, Growing, Thrones at Middle East by VoidExpression on May 11,2006 4:27pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by VoidExpression  at May 11,2006 4:27pm
WZBC and Void Expression are proud to present:

Boris
Growing
Thrones

June 1
Middle East
$12

Sorry for the high ticket price guys.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 11,2006 5:28pm
man wtf, if i wasnt playing a show with magrudergrind that i'd be there thrones rule

toggletoggle post by Phrozenspite at May 11,2006 10:14pm
ticket price is far from bad considering how far Boris had to come \m/
snagged a pair the day they went on sale

toggletoggle post by VoidExpression  at May 31,2006 8:08am
Tomorrow bump!

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Jun 1,2006 7:51am
Tonight bump!

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jun 1,2006 6:52pm
wish i could go to this

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Jun 2,2006 9:16am
Thrones was awesome, I never realized it was one guy. I bought a shirt.

I missed Growing.

Boris was fucking amazing, kudos to Drew!

I read about the grind show in Providence and I am glad I went to this show instead. It was air conditioned and didn't last until 3 am

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 2,2006 11:15am edited Jun 2,2006 11:15am
Once I realized Thrones was a one man band, I was floored. He has a heavier sound than most full bands I've seen. Boris is fucking incredible.

toggletoggle post by VoidExpression  at Jun 2,2006 12:12pm
Thanks for making it out guys!

I give Mr. Preston much respect for doing what he does and keeping it a one-man project , but I've seen him a few times and have never been able to get into the programmed drums and riffs thing. It was a nice soundtrack to watch the spelling bee finals at the bar though!

I love Growing as long as I can sit down when they are playing. I was able to grab a spot to chill in the back so it was great!

It took me a while to get into Boris' set. I haven't yet been able to buy them as a glam/psych band and the tracks they played off the new album were kind of blah and sounded pretty muddy. Now when they slowed it back down with the bluesy drones, that was trance-inducingly amazing and well worth sitting through them trying to be Acid Mother's Temple.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 2,2006 12:13pm
Drew, bring Goatsnake and Church of Misery out here immediately.

toggletoggle post by VoidExpression  at Jun 2,2006 12:37pm edited Jun 2,2006 12:40pm
If Goatsnake ever tour again, it's probably not going to be until Sunn's popularity starts to wane, which could definitely take a while.

I thought Church of Misery broke up, but doing some internet snooping reveals they have a split coming out soon with Sourvein, which will be fucking awesome! They definitely need to get their ass over to the States!

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 2,2006 12:39pm
A split with Sourvein? Insanity!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Awoken Chaotic Blessing
[default homepage] [print][10:15:48am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01122 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]