New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> What the fuck! by Y_Ddraig_Goch on May 3,2006 2:46am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Y_Ddraig_Goch  at May 3,2006 2:46am
I like to buy random albums sometimes from reading things on the covers, or looking at the art work and song names, and almost always I have won.

but some of the stuff that I find in the metal section is clearly not even rock music. Like the band Rajna, I bought theit album at metalfest from Nuclear blast, they are also on metal-archives but guess what, they don't even have guitars, electric bass, or a drum kit. it's all indian folk music, but it is on a metal label, and on a metal site? are the members from a metal band or something? I don't get it, good thing I love Indian Folk music.

As well that local band, the one that is all pianos and cellos and stuff, forget the name, I htink it is a guy and a girl from somewhere in mass, why are they on a metal site, and are labelled as metal?

same thing with Corvus Corvax, it is a group of folk musicans that play tradional medival stuff on bagpipes and tons of crazy drums and turn it into folky trance type stuff but they are in the metal section?

is there an answer?

toggletoggle post by The Revealer at May 3,2006 9:05am
From AllMusic.com :

"Rajna are an exotic French trio consisting of Fabrice and Jeanne Lefebvre, and Gerard Chambellant, who have a passion for ethnic musical instruments and the sounds of other cultures."

Good thing they're not gay.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at May 3,2006 9:07am edited May 3,2006 9:08am
Corvus Corax the folk band is fucking awesome, but there was also another Corvux Corax who were on Dark Symphonies that were a black metal band. So whoever worked at that record shop just made a mistake.

If you've seen the folk band Corvus Corax though, they dress up all like a folk metal band (Korpiklaani or Finntroll) but they wander around Europe and have been at it for years.

toggletoggle post by Y_Ddraig_Goch  at May 4,2006 2:08am
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
Corvus Corax the folk band is fucking awesome, but there was also another Corvux Corax who were on Dark Symphonies that were a black metal band. So whoever worked at that record shop just made a mistake.

If you've seen the folk band Corvus Corax though, they dress up all like a folk metal band (Korpiklaani or Finntroll) but they wander around Europe and have been at it for years.

Yeah, the probablly just put the cd in there because of the album cover, a bunch of dudes in leather staprs, skins, and all kinds of woad paint and crow masks, and corvus corax is awesome, my car sounds liek it is pumping out techno but then when I roll my windows down you can hear that it is crazy pipes and drums.

but the thing about Rajna was that I bought it at metalfest from Century media distrubutors, and it is on metal archives but it has zero elements of metal whatsoever.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Forged Slaytanic Art
[default homepage] [print][9:22:45am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01072 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]