New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> There's a bloody wind turbine in RI! fuck yeah! by HailTheLeaf on Apr 5,2006 12:13am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by HailTheLeaf  at Apr 5,2006 12:13am
I saw my first wind turbine today on the way to band practice, guess they just put it up a few days ago in a field outside Newport, it's awesome, thing is huge. I almost drove off the road gawking at the thing..haha, it kind caught me off guard.

toggletoggle post by thedeparted   at Apr 5,2006 12:15am
i saw some on Block Island the other day, those rich bastards can afford them , to be able to save money, damn you Narragansett electric, damn you

toggletoggle post by HailTheLeaf  at Apr 5,2006 12:33am edited Apr 5,2006 12:35am
Actually, depending on your electric company you can buy the energy produced from those turbines, you don't need to be rich or even live there. I've been buying wind power for over a year now, and that's the first turbine they've put in my state, a few days ago! Right now it costs me an extra $3-4/month on my bill, but in 5-10 years it'll be much cheaper than that coal and oil crap, the price of those will always keep going up, and wind will come down. The more people use wind, the cheaper it'll be.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Apr 5,2006 12:37am
have you ever had any power problems? or is it pretty much tried and true? I'm getting interested for when I move next.

toggletoggle post by thedeparted   at Apr 5,2006 6:39am
whole foods uses windo power

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 5,2006 8:01am
why do you had american business?

toggletoggle post by HailTheLeaf  at Apr 5,2006 2:12pm
brian_dc said:
have you ever had any power problems? or is it pretty much tried and true? I'm getting interested for when I move next.

no problems, you get the same bill, same service, they just buy the power from wind and solar instead of coal and oil.

toggletoggle post by HailTheLeaf  at Apr 5,2006 6:21pm

toggletoggle post by dertoxia   at Apr 5,2006 6:53pm
i've always been curious...can vegans use oil based fuel sources, since they come from dinosaurs.

toggletoggle post by HailTheLeaf  at Apr 5,2006 7:23pm
haha, since they've been dead for so long I think the only problem they'd have would be the envioronmental effects, but I'm not vegan, so I donno. Can the deaths caused from pollution by burning those fuels be considered homicide?

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][3:51:07pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01621 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]