New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Deicide: South American Politics by the_reverend on Feb 22,2006 6:57pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 22,2006 6:57pm
Deicide: South American Politics

Satanic Death metal legends Deicide have run into a bit of controversy on their South American tour. Problems began several weeks ago when Aldo Cornejo, the mayor of Valparaíso (Chile) ordered to have promotional posters removed from the city and the walls of the El Huevo club. These posters, promoting the bands upcoming appearance, featuring a photo of Jesus' face with a gunshot through the forehead. Controversy over the posters caused the show to be moved from the El Huevo club to another nearby club in Quilpué.
Eventually Deicide were forced to cancel their performance on the 21st of February all together after they continued to receive additional difficulties in Quilpué as well. Apparently this isnt the first time a metal act has had difficulty performing in the area, back in 1992 Iron Maiden couldn't play in Santiago due to a censorship issue.
The band are now scheduled to perform this evening at Teatro Novedades in Santiago, Chile. Glen Benton was contacted today for his comments on this series of events and he said: "The mayor of Valparaíso is just scared, and he owes me money." When asked about the promotional posters depicting Christ, Benton stated "That wasn't my idea, I didn't have anything to do with that." Additionally, he stated that the riot police had already arrived for the evening's gig and he expected it to be a "classic one." Benton also planned on holding up a sign before the gig saying "U2....you suck...Bono is an asshole." U2 are currently scheduled to arrive in Santiago tomorrow morning. Controversy at it's best.

Glen Benton - controversial, wild, one of a kind, a true American classic.
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Deicide

toggletoggle post by pisscup at Feb 22,2006 7:06pm
"That wasn't my idea, I didn't have anything to do with that." - What a pussy.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Feb 22,2006 7:09pm
pisscup said:
"That wasn't my idea, I didn't have anything to do with that." - What a pussy.

but, but... he's a true American classic...

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 22,2006 7:21pm
i'd love to be there right now.

toggletoggle post by mcmahon  at Feb 22,2006 7:28pm
fuck cornejo. if they are going to tear down flyers, they should tear down all those fuckin crosses.

freedom of speech vs. religion at its finest.

toggletoggle post by pisscup at Feb 22,2006 7:32pm
BornSoVile said:
i'd love to be there right now.

Hells yes!

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Feb 22,2006 7:32pm
i wish he had said, yea, i wanted the mayors face with a bullet through it, but i settled for jesus, that cunt. that would have been pretty good.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 22,2006 7:38pm
haha "and he owes me money" that guy is a total son of a bitch, i love it.

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Feb 22,2006 7:40pm
xmikex said:
haha "and he owes me money" that guy is a total son of a bitch, i love it.

glen is a bad ass.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Feb 22,2006 8:28pm
No surprise really. People love that jesus!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][4:30:04am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.01500 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]