New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> The Taste of Silver update 1/24/06 - tour, shirts, other stuph by the_taste_of_cigarettes on Jan 24,2006 10:03am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jan 24,2006 10:03am
Another week older and another day colder. It snowed much more than the anticipated 1-3 inches here in Massachusetts. I bet some of you don't even get snow. Bah!

(+) We're going on a three-day mini tour Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of this week to Indiana, Ohio, and Maryland respectively. If you live near any of these, come out! The Ohio one is FREE. They are all all ages and very cheap:

Thursday, January 26th
@ The Viking Dojo
1624 N Harrison St
Fort Wayne, IN
$4 - ALL AGES - 7pm
w/
The Poseidon Adventure
Systematic Overthrow

Friday, January 27th
@ Ohio Wesleyan University
Benes Room in the
Hamilton Williams Campus Center
53 Spring St
Delaware, OH
all ages - FREE - 6:30pm doors
w/
No Idols
Harlots
Winter of Discontent

Saturday, January 28th
@ WMUC
University of Maryland
3130 S Campus Dining Hall
College Park, MD
$5 -all ages - 7PM
w/
hello romeo!
pistols & daggers
flames over broadway

(+) We are heading out for our third US tour this summer. You can catch us in your hometown by checking out the dates in our journal(s) and seeing when we'll be near you. If you want to help, please do! We can always be reached via thetasteofsilver@yahoo.com

(+) We're looking for greater distribution of our record and for videos of us live. If you know of any good local stores that would sell our splits, or if you have video of us, get in touch.

(+) Currently, we've been in the process of writing for a full-length record. We have all of the material (plus surplus) written, and we're going to lay down 4-5 tracks in March or April to give everyone something new to listen to. We're waiting on recording the other songs till we know who is doing the album, as we've always been poor homies and can't afford to do all 12 songs all at once on a whim. Oh well. PS - yes, binary will be on this.

(+) The split CD with Aganihm (featuring Grasshopper) and the split with Raising Kubrick (featuring The Way I Walk In Francee) are available. They are $5 + $2 postage from us directly when in the US. If you want secure shipping or you live in another country, ask us first about pricing.

(+) We have new shirts in! The two-color hand collage done by Alex only now on VaRiOuS colors. Get yours while they are hot. We ALWAYS sell out of shirts and then SOMEONE gets all fussy about that so take advantage now while we actually have them. Otherwise you'll be mad at yourself when we only have one Adult XL lying around in an relatively empty bin.
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

the_taste_of_silver

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 24,2006 10:05am
whoah! and you either added it through your band page OR slected it in the drop down.
nice!

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jan 24,2006 10:17am
I used the new drop down, which I secretely believe you added for me cause I kept fucking it up the other way hahahah

toggletoggle post by nick   at Jan 24,2006 12:29pm
those shirts remind me of the cover of one of the city of caterpillar cds.
minus the hand of course.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jan 24,2006 12:43pm

I should photoshop that picture to say "City of Caterpillar" instead of The Taste of Silver

it'll be the new O RLY

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jan 24,2006 2:50pm
we have a mailing list

if anyone would like to sign-up to receive updates on the band periodically, send an email to

thetasteofsilver-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

and I believe that will sign you up.

thanks

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jan 29,2006 5:45pm
this tour was a whole lot of fun

good times!

special thanks to Brad for doing an awesome fucking show up in Ohio

check out Harlots http://www.myspace.com/harlots on Feb 17th in CT

toggletoggle post by nick   at Jan 29,2006 6:12pm
harlots are really good.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:click here to get internet 5.0
[default homepage] [print][7:11:25am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.01620 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]