New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> www.slackerday.com by succubus on Aug 21,2003 1:17pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by succubus  at Aug 21,2003 1:17pm
Stressed? Sign up for National Slacker Day
By Reuters, 8/21/2003
LONDON -- Stressed-out Britons are set for a day of doing nothing as workers and managers alike are being urged to relax and slack off on Friday.
Organizers of National Slacker Day are calling on people to "stand up for your right to sit back down again" as a reminder that life does not revolve around the office.
With British employees working the longest hours in Europe, the campaign wants people to recognize the value of rest and relaxation.
"How can you possibly comprehend the value of your own hectic endeavor if you don't occasionally put your feet up and experience a state of complete calm," said actor and Slacker Day supporter Simon Pegg, star of the comedy series "Spaced."
Organizers are also promising on their Web site www.slackerday.com to contact blue-chip firms to urge them to set up a disciplinary framework for staff who insist on working through the slackest day of the year.
Slacker Day is now in its third year and has been moved from February to August, taking place just before a long bank holiday weekend.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Aug 21,2003 1:42pm
hell, you can sign me up...

wait, i slack every god damn day.

toggletoggle post by morebeerz   at Aug 21,2003 2:32pm

rest you must

I live in UK, and I have gone back to college, sick of dead end jobs, so every day is slack day. I can't find a Part Time job to fit around college so I don't care about those that won't slack of on Friday.

I bet there will be some. I hope they all burn out from exhaustion, or have the sense to quit!

More power to the rest of 'em though. May they sit down for a long time and indeed feel nicely relaxed.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Skinny Psychopathic Bible
[default homepage] [print][7:46:48pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.00954 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]