New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> EVERYONE PLEASE COME!!! 1st show ever at the Box of Knives, and its SIIIICK!!! read for more info!!!! by xeatadickx on Aug 20,2003 6:25pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xeatadickx  at Aug 20,2003 6:25pm
hey everyone, my friend mike and i put together our first show, and we want everyone to come! if we have a good turnout we're gonna try to do shows once a week, and where else can you catch sick death metal/thrash metal/grind/black metal/hardcore shows WEEKLY, for only FIVE DOLLARS?? nowhere, chumps!! so come support the scene, or suck!

heres the lowdown:

Thursday, August 28
Doors at 9:30pm, show at 10:00pm
only $5!!! everyone has that! and if you don't, steal it!

Shading The End
- merciless slamming death metal
Dysentery - death metal brutality on Amputated Vein Records
Terminally, Your Aborted Ghost - insane, mind-bending deathgrind on Macabre Mementos Records
Aganihm - off the wall tech-grind
The Nightmare Continues - spastic grinding mayhem
Lasers - electronic space dance grind
Gentleman Disasters - electro-noise

this shit is off the hook, kids! if you consider yourself even remotely cool and metal, be there or kill yourself!

its happenin at:
The Box of Knives
71 Troy Street, 1st Floor
(Olneyville) Providence, RI

Its literally 10 feet away from The Sickle, so dont pretend you can't go! we even ahve a parking lot right across the street!

Directions, from the north:

Get onto 95 South, and just keep driving, until you hit Providence, RI

You’ll wanna get over to the right lanes, and when Providence Place Mall is coming up on the left, they’ll be an exit, 22, that splits into three lanes – take 22B, which brings you onto route 6, and stay to the right lanes.

When route 6 starts to curve to the right (it becomes 6A, I think), stay all the way over to the right lane and take the Hartford Ave. exit.

You will see a big club called sanctuary at the end of the off-ramp, stay to the right, and you should pass Westminster Autobody on the right, and the road will curve over to the right, and end with a stoplight in front of a building plastered with Uniroyal signs. At that light, take a LEFT.

Go past the Olneyville NY System Wieners, and through the next set of lights. Soon you will see a car wash on your right side, take a RIGHT onto the street that’s right before it.

Go to the end of the street (its like 100 feet long), and take a LEFT. At the intersection that comes up, take a RIGHT. You are now on Troy St.

Just drive down the road and you will see a parking lot on the left – park in there, 71 is right across the street.

toggletoggle post by jesus  at Aug 20,2003 7:36pm
woohoo

toggletoggle post by xeatadickx  at Aug 21,2003 11:35am
for the love of god, why is no one looking at this thread? ill kill myself if this gets less attention than final bloodbaths queer rambling about nothing...

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Aug 21,2003 11:47am edited Aug 21,2003 11:48am
show at 10? 7 bands, wtf is that?

providence is 2 hours away, no way im driving home at 4 o clock in the morning on a weeknight.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 21,2003 11:49am
beepbeep whoah.. back the truck up there.
10pm? the doors are at 10pm?
there is no way I can hit this show.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Aug 21,2003 12:40pm
yeah, you had me sold until the 10:00 door time

toggletoggle post by succubus1 at Aug 21,2003 12:49pm
pussies

toggletoggle post by dysenterytom   at Aug 21,2003 12:52pm
Why 10:00?

toggletoggle post by nick1762 at Aug 21,2003 1:02pm
apparently if you want people to show up, you're gonna have to make it earlier

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Aug 21,2003 1:46pm
nick1762 said:
apparently if you want people to show up, you're gonna have to make it earlier

B I N G O.

though even if it was at 6 it'd still be pushing it for me ;)
the hate eternal show is the day after... gotta rest up for the headthrashing and air guitarring.

toggletoggle post by xeatadickx  at Aug 21,2003 3:01pm edited Aug 21,2003 3:31pm
well here's the deal. we're gonna push the show back to 9:30pm, but that's the aboslute EARLIEST we can do it, because remember, we're not pluo's. we're 2 kids who have a huge apartment, love metal, and want to put on shows. any earlier, and we might piss off nearby facotry workers, they call the cops, and everything goes to hell.

but listen up. the band's sets are only 20-30 minutes apiece. and most of the equipment wil be set up before dorrs are even open, becasue the place is so big. so thre wont be a huge gap in between bands. so if the show is at 9:30, the latest you'll be out is 1 anyways, just like any other show, at the met, lupo's, jarrods etc.

so thats that. we'd love to have it earlier, but due to the situation we really can't.

recap: show at 9:30pm, doors at 9pm. $5. hopefully you will reconsider after hearing why its so late and how long itll really run, and show up.

future shows, on better days, with better times, depend on a good turnout, meaning it depends on you.

toggletoggle post by nick1762 at Aug 21,2003 3:09pm
sometime between 6 and 8 would probably be best since it's a thursday and a lot of people have to work and shit the next day

toggletoggle post by ratt_mowe at Aug 21,2003 4:18pm
yes motherfuckers you all must fucking go! this is me being adamant!!! GOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by xeatadickx  at Aug 21,2003 6:34pm
ok, i've gotten a bunch of IMs from people complaining, so im gonna clear some stuff up for everybody.

1. there's not gonna be a huge setup time between bands. the palce is big, so most of the equipment willbe set up before doors even open.

2. its not gonna sound like "kids in their garage". the bands are gonna have full stacks, and we ahve 2 pa's.

3. seven bands? thats gona be like 6 hours!! NO. listen next time. we have 7 bands becasue look at the FULL SET TIMES, given to me by the bands themselves:
gentleman disasters 15 mins
lasers 20 mins
the nightmare continues 30 mins
aganihm 15 mins
tyab 20 mins
shading the end 20-30 mins
dysentery 30 mins

yeah, add it up, with 5 minutes breaks in between each band. roughly 3 hours. it starts at 9:30, meaning its over at 1, the abolute LATEST, if satan burst in, shit on the floor, and broke all the equipment. THATS why there's 7 bands.

its the same time youd get out if you went to gay lupos and dropped 15 bucks to see the same 3 metal bands they always book.

and guess what? im putting on the show, and im still gonna drop the 5 dollars to get in. and im gonna stay until the very end, even though i ahve a 14 hour work day starting at 7am the next day. and no, i dont live in olneyville, only mike does. i live 40 minutes north, in cumberland, so stop crying wolf that i can "just crash after the show, without even stepping out of the place"

so please, for the people harrassing me, read this and stop making excuses. if its too metal for you, just dont go. its as simple as that. dont cry to me about how you werent born to rock and roll. end of story.

toggletoggle post by george1 at Aug 21,2003 7:25pm
i just heard that my band was playing this show but i didnt know that shading the end was playing too.
im impressed with the lineup and looking forward to this show muchly.
and i demand that rev goes to this show.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Aug 21,2003 7:36pm
This is what I dont get. Why do people give shit to someone who is trying to set up shows and ultimately wants to help metal. I hate everyone

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Aug 21,2003 8:00pm
i dont understand either. too much bitching. this is a great lineup. im sure as hell going.

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Aug 22,2003 12:46am
Dude complete props go to the dude for setting this show up. Yeah its late but who gives a shit? if your in the area and you want to catch a brutal show come to this. STE really appreciates what you guys are doing for the local metal scene. Even if a ton of kids dont show its still gonna be a blast.

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Aug 22,2003 12:49am
Oh and another thing, less time will be set up because i believe us dysentery and STE will mostlikely be sharing equiptment. No metal zone for ratt mowe on thursday haha.

toggletoggle post by George   at Aug 23,2003 2:16am
i was wondering if any of the bands playing this show would be willing to let me use one of their cabs for aganihm's set. you can use my cab as well so we can both have full stacks.
but seriously, you people have to come to this show.surfs up

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Aug 24,2003 1:28am
dag man, im not bringing any of my cabs haha our drummer cant get his van so we are going up in little 4 cylinder standard nissan, ill let you use my head though if you need it man. ive got a peavey 5150. It would be awesome if i could use your cab.

toggletoggle post by joostin at Aug 24,2003 1:41am
george1 said:
...but i didnt know that shading the end was playing too...

Is it bad that we're playing or something?

and paul, make fun of my shitbox car again and i'll make MORE noise going into your house!

toggletoggle post by George   at Aug 24,2003 3:18am
xPaulBLAHBLAHx said:
ill let you use my head though if you need it man. ive got a peavey 5150. It would be awesome if i could use your cab.

ive played a peavey 5150, i used it when my amp broke, its a nice amp but i like my marshall better. you can definetly use my cab.

toggletoggle post by George   at Aug 24,2003 3:19am
joostin said:
george1 said:
...but i didnt know that shading the end was playing too...

Is it bad that we're playing or something?

no, i think its awesome. you guys are great.

toggletoggle post by joostin at Aug 24,2003 11:35am
thank you george. I think i've seen your band in cambridge, and you guys are great too

toggletoggle post by thenightmarecontinues... at Aug 24,2003 8:46pm
anyone who needs any guitar shit can borrow mine. i have a peavey XXX with randall cabs (one 4x12 with celestions, the other is a 2x15 with jensens). i dont use any pedals, but we have a ton if anyone needs any. i can't speak for the rest of the band, but no one's ever had a problem letting people borrow gear. if anyone needs to borrow any bass gear or a drumset, post here and i'll find out for you. our practice space is right around the corner from this place, and i know a lot of you are driving a long way. we'll try to help out in any way we can. looking forward to this show. there's not many all metal shows in providence.

dave from thenightmarecontinues...

toggletoggle post by tyagxgrind   at Aug 25,2003 12:10am
word.

toggletoggle post by joostin at Aug 25,2003 1:31am
that's really great of you guys.
Personally, i really like your music and i can't wait to play.
also, i may need a bass amp(maybe spauldino could help me out)

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Aug 25,2003 1:32am
joostin said:
i may need a bass amp(maybe spauldino could help me out)

most likely

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Aug 25,2003 1:41am
i think im there man

toggletoggle post by joostin at Aug 25,2003 1:47am
the car we need to take to RI is small and shitty
we can barely fit the guitars in there

toggletoggle post by thenightmarecontinues... at Aug 25,2003 7:36pm
thanks dude. yeah i dont think there'll be any problem. just bring your guitars, heads if you want (the other guitarist is a little iffy on letting people use his head, its one of those line 6 apparati), and cymbals.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Aug 25,2003 7:43pm
i think i might just rock this show if i can follow somebody down there. I went to the pink rabbit not too long ago and not even my ill Magellan skills could get me there.

toggletoggle post by jesus  at Aug 25,2003 8:00pm
i'll most likely be bringing a 300watt 1960 4x12 cab. or
two 200watt avt4x12s
and a shitty crate head.

anyone can use the cab(s) i bring

-jake dysentery

toggletoggle post by thenightmarecontinues... at Aug 25,2003 8:15pm
jesus said:
i'll most likely be bringing a 300watt 1960 4x12 cab. or
two 200watt avt4x12s

two cabs are better than one. \m/

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Aug 25,2003 9:18pm
sounds like a cool place, but if you run it (not bitching, just an observation) why not do metal shows on friday or saturday instead?

anyways, i will see if i can make it down as well.

toggletoggle post by jesus  at Aug 25,2003 9:20pm edited Aug 25,2003 9:20pm
thenightmarecontinues... said:
jesus said: i'll most likely be bringing a 300watt 1960 4x12 cab. or
two 200watt avt4x12s

two cabs are better than one. \m/

not when it comes to transporting...which is what it will come down to.

toggletoggle post by xeatadickx  at Aug 25,2003 9:40pm
hey, i'll also have my cab there too, so anyone can use it. its a crate gx412x. mm, thats that! and hopefully i can dance, even with my bum leg

-tom

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Enlightened Gothic Sledgehammer
[default homepage] [print][8:45:23pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.03150 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]